View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    What I would like to see is the option not to see member's posts when I put someone on Ignore. Unfortunately, when others quote the particular member, the posts become visible.

Now THAT is something I could get behind.

The members voting other members up or down results in one horrible mess. Similarly, members' infractions are between the mods and the members. No airing out of dirty laundry here, that is distasteful.

There are other alternatives elsewhere if someone wants that kind of forum. Let members who want that go there. THIS is not THAT place. CB has more class than that trashy spectacle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    At the risk of being reported and receiving an infraction, I'd have to say I can agree. I could get behind Qbnkelt on this . . . .

ooops . . . wrong thread . . . where's the 50k challenge . . .
    11-06-12 08:56 AM
    What I would like to see is the option not to see member's posts when I put someone on Ignore. Unfortunately, when others quote the particular member, the posts become visible.

Now THAT is something I could get behind.

The members voting other members up or down results in one horrible mess. Similarly, members' infractions are between the mods and the members. No airing out of dirty laundry here, that is distasteful.

There are other alternatives elsewhere if someone wants that kind of forum. Let members who want that go there. THIS is not THAT place. CB has more class than that trashy spectacle.

At the risk of being reported and receiving an infraction, I'd have to say I can agree. I could get behind Qbnkelt on this . . . .

I think there are a lot of us who are willing to get behind Q...
    11-06-12 09:05 AM

Hehehehe....thanks for backing my backing....

Mmmmuuuuuaaahhhh.....

11-06-12 09:06 AM
    I think there are a lot of us who are willing to get behind Q...
    And I'd much obliged.... 😍

middbrew and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    11-06-12 09:07 AM
    I suggest you all get a room or at least a new thread before you get behind anybody.
    11-06-12 09:45 AM
    Don't engage him, I got an infraction today for doing so. I believe that is his motive.
    11-06-12 09:50 AM
    Don't engage him, I got an infraction today for doing so. I believe that is his motive.
    You didn't quote, so I'm unaware of what was said.

middbrew likes this.
    11-06-12 09:52 AM
    There are no arguments with forum bullies, they break into rants and get all personal to prove their point.
    Sure there is. In fact you do not even need to argue really because it becomes very evident over time why each person is here. We can see there are posters who in addition to getting in the device debates that sometimes get out of hand, also take time to try and offer what ever help they can to folks that come here for HELP. That is at the core, after all, why this forum exists -- to be a resource for BlackBerry users. Resource implies a thing that helps one out.

I know for example, among all the "regulars" which ones I see that help others. I expect others take note as well. That is enough for me.
    11-06-12 09:56 AM
    I asked a question. Which I think was valid and harmless but it was viewed as insulting another member. Mod's discretion, i'll deal with it.
    Oh, sorry.....I meant you didn't quote the OP so I am unaware of what he said.
    I DO wish there were the means to correct the Ignore button bug.

11-06-12 09:57 AM
    I suggest you all get a room or at least a new thread before you get behind anybody.
    Got a thread already, but thanks for the suggestion.
    11-06-12 09:58 AM
    Ahh, I'm not going to quote him simply because of the quote bug.

Oh, sorry.....I meant you didn't quote the OP so I am unaware of what he said.
    I DO wish there were the means to correct the Ignore button bug.
    11-06-12 10:01 AM
    Got a thread already, but thanks for the suggestion.
    Good, thanks, hopefully this one gets back on track.
    11-06-12 10:06 AM
    There are no arguments with forum bullies, they break into rants and get all personal to prove their point.
    This. There's no arguing with you when you get personal and claim that people that use multiple devices have no loyalty in other areas of our lives, get bored easily, and have "single child syndrome" or that women who use large devices tend to be large themselves. I'm glad you can recognize that you might be a forum bully.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-06-12 at 10:10 AM. Reason: clarification
    11-06-12 10:08 AM
    Where exactly is this track leading? Only the site designers/Kevin/mods are able to make this decision. It would make far more sense for them to be engaged directly in the thread, or have discussions with them one on one, and have polls posted by the mods/Kevin. A user posting this, regardless of standing, offers little in the way of credibility.
    11-06-12 10:15 AM
    I don't see a fundamental difference there. You're making someone feel unwelcome, and attempting to police the forum's population yourself, regardless of which phrase you use.
    That's your opinion.

Can we get back to the thread subject now?
    Actually I think that is really part of the topic. Making someone feel unwelcome (i.e. bullying) and thus getting an infraction is the root of the poll isn't it?

I'm still waiting for your response to my question. Or is it just selective posts you answer?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-12 10:16 AM
    This. There's no arguing with you when you get personal and claim that people that use multiple devices have no loyalty in other areas of our lives, get bored easily, and have "single child syndrome" or that women who use large devices tend to be large themselves. I'm glad you can recognize that you might be a forum bully.
    ONE
    HUGE
    THANK YOU

11-06-12 10:22 AM
    Where exactly is this track leading? Only the site designers/Kevin/mods are able to make this decision. It would make far more sense for them to be engaged directly in the thread, or have discussions with them one on one, and have polls posted by the mods/Kevin. A user posting this, regardless of standing, offers little in the way of credibility.
    It doesn't have to lead anywhere, there's a poll still open at the top, people can still vote and make their opinion on my idea put forward.

If it's significant enough perhaps one day the forum owner might take notice.
    11-06-12 10:23 AM
    You'll get a "thanks" when my button returns.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-06-12 10:24 AM
    LOL. Historically, the one that throws the stones......usually are not prepared when twice as many are thrown back at them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    11-06-12 10:24 AM
    I'll agree with you there. But whether they are pro-BlackBerry, anti-BlackBerry, or somewhere in between, they should be treated the same.

It appears to me that some staunch RIM supporters feel they are somehow justified to act like a bully because they are "defending the brand" yet they will call out others for the same behaviour, but perhaps having a different opinion.
    11-06-12 10:25 AM

Perhaps, and I got a warning for that. It could be shown on my profile. I did say from the start myself included.

But getting personal means one on one insults, not an opinion about a general group of people.

The only time I insulted anybody on this forum aka got personal I ended up with a week's ban.
    11-06-12 10:25 AM
    Perhaps, and I got a warning for that. It could be shown on my profile. I did say from the start myself included.

But getting personal means one on one insults, not an opinion about a general group of people.

The only time I insulted anybody on this forum aka got personal I ended up with a week's ban.
    So it's ok to insult women in general, as long as the insult does not apply to one particular woman?
    pantlesspenguin and middbrew like this.
    11-06-12 10:27 AM
    The results are In ladies and gentlemen. View poll for the current opinion of the majority. Belfast's opinion has proven to be what most of us believe.
    11-06-12 10:31 AM
    So it's ok to insult women in general, as long as the insult does not apply to one particular woman?
    Dayum......absolutely perfect precision....

I am in awe.....

pantlesspenguin and middbrew like this.
    11-06-12 10:33 AM
    I disagree with this. An opinion about a general group of people could DEFINITELY get personal. People could spout off about "dyk*s," "libtards," how "women belong barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" etc and I'd definitely take that personally. Same thing goes with generalizations and assumptions about the type of person I am because I use certain devices.
    Laura Knotek and middbrew like this.
    11-06-12 10:33 AM
522 ... 678910 ...