View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    Great, the usual crowd taking over and ruining a thread taking it way off topic, you've made your opinion known, time to move on no?
    Dude, relax. What was testy is a fun discussion on how we can get along. How can than not be a good thing?

Quit with the factions. It's like you are determined to make enemies. Who is the usual crowd? Man up and name names.

I actually like the discourse with you. You're stubborn, opinionated, and you love your platform of choice. I respect that. But you also need to see that differences should not stoke hatred.

Report the thread, and in the mean time, ignore the members you dislike. Problem solved.
    11-05-12 04:45 PM
    The topic seemed to be about the supposed negativity around here. What's wrong with a little light-hearted banter to lighten the mood?
    I mean... c'mon. I don't get it.

This thread could have gone downhill. Outside the 50k thread, it has been one of the most lighthearted ones we have seen in a while. How is that bad?
    mikeo007, middbrew and richardat like this.
    11-05-12 04:48 PM
    Great, the usual crowd taking over and ruining a thread taking it way off topic, you've made your opinion known, time to move on no?
    Let's have some light moments in our busy lives. ach le haghaidh g�ir�
    11-05-12 04:49 PM
    You have completely misunderstood what I am saying - my point was nothing to do with 'features that weren't upto my standard' - indeed it was entirely the opposite, that success is nothing to do with features that I want or you want or anyone here wants.

My posting style is not to everyone's tastes but I decided a while ago not to bother dumbing it down or playing to the crowd - if you don't like that, well that's just how it is - if I was rude or abusive, I'd change my posting style (or be told to do so) but I'm not so I guess you best option is either to ignore me or simply not respond.

BTW - your answer wasn't very solid, it was just highly emotive and seemed to miss the point of the discussion.
    I'll preface this by saying I'm not trying to be rude. With that out of the way...I'm not following what you mean by dumbing down your style. Are you saying that your intelligent style of discourse is what you feel might be bothering people? I'm just curious. I'm not being sarcastic. It is just how I read it and wanted to know if that's what you meant.
    11-05-12 04:50 PM
    I say we employ fisticuffs and thump them soundly about the ears.
    sputneek and richardat like this.
    11-05-12 05:02 PM

Way off topic? This isn't too bad. If you want true off topic try the 50K (formally 5000) thread.
    11-05-12 05:15 PM
    Interesting topic.

After reading through this, I have changed my mind twice. My conclusion is that I would act differently knowing the infraction count of others, but only to make sure the usual bad eggs didn't get off too easy. I am not talking about detractors or over zealous supporters, just those that serve the sole purpose of coming in and crapping all over a thread with name calling and obvious trolling. This "acting differently" I don't like. So I have to say no thanks.

I have seen plenty of trouble makers shown the door on both sides of the aisle and mostly that was a good thing. Some are still here but they'll tire out eventually. What I struggle with mostly is that there really isn't anywhere to go to be positive in here. To be left alone. Maybe it is just a sign of the times but when I was in school, I didn't go to the other schools pep rallies and constantly point out how they weren't "No 1" or how they weren't "winning" the big game. That just wasn't important to me. I have stated before and I will so again that it would be nice to have that sort of place. I thought it existed elsewhere but that was a myth.
    11-05-12 05:25 PM
    I say we employ fisticuffs and thump them soundly about the ears.
    Yup lots of spanking and fisticuffs but...... friendly like and da sheep gets it first 'cause he's kinda asking for it, ya?

And as to stay on topic the forces of evil seem to be gaining momentum
    11-05-12 05:29 PM
    Interesting topic.

After reading through this, I have changed my mind twice. My conclusion is that I would act differently knowing the infraction count of others, but only to make sure the usual bad eggs didn't get off too easy. I am not talking about detractors or over zealous supporters, just those that serve the sole purpose of coming in and crapping all over a thread with name calling and obvious trolling. This "acting differently" I don't like. So I have to say no thanks.

I have seen plenty of trouble makers shown the door on both sides of the aisle and mostly that was a good thing. Some are still here but they'll tire out eventually. What I struggle with mostly is that there really isn't anywhere to go to be positive in here. To be left alone. Maybe it is just a sign of the times but when I was in school, I didn't go to the other schools pep rallies and constantly point out how they weren't "No 1" or how they weren't "winning" the big game. That just wasn't important to me. I have stated before and I will so again that it would be nice to have that sort of place. I thought it existed elsewhere but that was a myth.
    Try the 50K (formally 5000)

Or any of the threads in Off Topic.
    11-05-12 05:32 PM
    Try the 50K (formally 5000)

Or any of the threads in Off Topic.
    Thanks but I should have been more specific. I was meaning device realted topics.
    11-05-12 05:34 PM
    Yup lots of spanking and fisticuffs but...... friendly like and da sheep gets it first 'cause he's kinda asking for it, ya?

And as to stay on topic the forces of evil seem to be gaining momentum
    Again, wish there were a LOL button
    11-05-12 05:42 PM
    Way off topic? This isn't too bad. If you want true off topic try the 50K (formally 5000) thread.
    Yeah, there's a lot of wasted posts here that could have gone to a good cause...
    middbrew and bungaboy like this.
    11-05-12 05:49 PM
    I was thinking after reading most of the posts that a system already exists, but based in positivity rather than negativity = like and thank scoring, bullies tend to not be liked by most. So I feel let the mods mod. Trust the process.
    11-05-12 06:11 PM
    I was thinking after reading most of the posts that a system already exists, but based in positivity rather than negativity = like and thank scoring, bullies tend to not be liked by most. So I feel let the mods mod. Trust the process.
    Yes, but they can be Liked enough from like-minded posters to skew that system too.
    11-05-12 06:16 PM
    @daveycrocket I like your idea but the forum is basically a standard forum app so I don't think it will change unfortunately.
    11-05-12 06:18 PM
    Frankly I think it's none of your business. Nor is it any body's business. If it were it would have been made public already. Move along.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    11-05-12 06:21 PM
    How about we just stick to the simple rule of treating all other posters with respect. Should be the number one rule, violations of which automatically result in an infraction. Somebody starts getting disrespectful, don't engage them just report them; because if you engage them, you could very well get an infraction of your own as well. Bullocks with what one person or the other calls trolling or bullying. Disrespect pretty much stands out on its own. God knows there's plenty of it around here.

Edit: And no, nobody else should be able to see them.
    11-05-12 06:24 PM
    I was thinking it's already in place..... Look left under avatar,
    11-05-12 06:24 PM
    For a thread about "transparency", there sure seems to be a lot of agenda and animosity hidden right below the surface...

Too bad it's too early for popcorn.
    It's never too early for popcorn! Just like it's never too late for bacon!
    middbrew and sleepngbear like this.
    11-05-12 06:25 PM
    Yes, but they can be Liked enough from like-minded posters to skew that system too.
    I absolutely get what you are saying, I guess I feel that respect and honesty for each other will win out.
    11-05-12 06:32 PM
    It would not make a difference to me if someone had infractions or not. You can learn something from everyone. A negative view point is not necessarily a wrong point of view. You learn more from your mistakes than getting pats on the back. It does get old trying to help people with challenges they are having and have people trash the device without helping to solve the issue. If someone has a differing point of view you have a couple options.
    1. Consider it
    2. Accept it
    3. Discard it
    We are all able to make up our own minds about things. You wont change someones mind that has already been made up
    11-05-12 06:34 PM
    How about we just stick to the simple rule of treating all other posters with respect. Should be the number one rule, violations of which automatically result in an infraction. Somebody starts getting disrespectful, don't engage them just report them; because if you engage them, you could very well get an infraction of your own as well. Bullocks with what one person or the other calls trolling or bullying. Disrespect pretty much stands out on its own. God knows there's plenty of it around here.

Edit: And no, nobody else should be able to see them.
    Well said, but I expect common sense from you.

Respect should be the golden rule.
    middbrew and sleepngbear like this.
    11-05-12 06:35 PM
    It would not make a difference to me if someone had infractions or not. You can learn something from everyone. A negative view point is not necessarily a wrong point of view. You learn more from your mistakes than getting pats on the back. It does get old trying to help people with challenges they are having and have people trash the device without helping to solve the issue. If someone has a differing point of view you have a couple options.
    1. Consider it
    2. Accept it
    3. Discard it
    We are all able to make up our own minds about things. You wont change someones mind that has already been made up
    Well said also.
    11-05-12 06:36 PM
    I don't put much stock in the like/thank system, but in all fairness: if enough people like or thank a comment, wouldn't it imply that the majority are like minded with respect to that comment?
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-05-12 06:38 PM
    I'm sorry, is this poll and thread against the rules of the forum in any way? You have your opinion and voted accordingly I assume.

No what makes you think your CB membership entitles you to tell other members what to post and what not to post?
    Been on and off these forums and still you cause drama.

I will give it to you, you are who you are.

What I find funny is you bring up a solution like this, yet you could be part of the problem.

As many people would agree to disagree I am sure, it is after all just my opinion, lol!

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    11-05-12 06:46 PM
522 ... 45678 ...