View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    This does not me posting to antagonize other members. Today (and sorry to point fingers) in the forum about why BB10 will be successful or something you kept shooting people down because the features they wanted weren't up to your standard.
    You have completely misunderstood what I am saying - my point was nothing to do with 'features that weren't upto my standard' - indeed it was entirely the opposite, that success is nothing to do with features that I want or you want or anyone here wants.

Seems like you were trying to stroke your own ego to me. I'm glad I realized what you were doing and gave you a solid answer, FFS am I in class or something?
    My posting style is not to everyone's tastes but I decided a while ago not to bother dumbing it down or playing to the crowd - if you don't like that, well that's just how it is - if I was rude or abusive, I'd change my posting style (or be told to do so) but I'm not so I guess you best option is either to ignore me or simply not respond.

BTW - your answer wasn't very solid, it was just highly emotive and seemed to miss the point of the discussion.
    11-05-12 04:11 PM
    this forum is for blackberry users. I believe I'm right. It is wrong for any other platform user to bash in and make comment in this forum. However, a blackberry user can air his view even if it seems annoying. Our duty is to support one another to maximise the benefit in blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    I'm going to disagree with you on that one. I like the input of some of the non-BB users that post here.
    Laura Knotek and kevinnugent like this.
    11-05-12 04:11 PM
    this forum is for blackberry users. I believe I'm right. It is wrong for any other platform user to bash in and make comment in this forum. However, a blackberry user can air his view even if it seems annoying. Our duty is to support one another to maximise the benefit in blackberry.

There is no requirement that a Blackberry device be owned in order to use these forums. How would new potential Blackberry buyers be able to get their questions answered if they were not allowed on these forums?
    11-05-12 04:12 PM

I will comment on all three platforms I use.
    If one has what I perceive as a flaw, I mention it. If any of my BBs has a flaw, I will say it, even as I'm doing now.....from my 4S.
    I will not comment on Windows phones because I haven't got one at this time. When I get one, I will comment on that too.
    From 4S.
    Tapatalk is awesome on my 4S.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 04:13 PM
    Its just that most of the negativity doesn't cross the line of what is appropriate to be reported. There still should be no place for unneeded sarcasm and negativity even if it doesn't break the rules
    Technically, sarcasm in some instances could be breaking the rules. The definition of trolling in the faq's is something that is said to illicit a negative response.
    While I somewhat understand your angst, I think you need to understand you are a guest... like most of us are. Thus, we don't really have a say in who the homeowner lets in. If we don't like how the homeowner does his/her thing, we can build our own houses, or find someone else's house to hang in.

I think that when we all figure that out, life is much easier. Don't like a fellow guest? Report and/or ignore that guest, but keep in mind that the homeowner may not agree with your point of view.

My point is this: unpalatable as it sounds, we do not define what this space is. We may like to, but until the webhosting bill changes names, we respect the rules.

But c'mon... have fun. We are all interested in BBs one way or another, so in that, we are linked.
    Well said. I also think - hope- that this place never gets that way. What a...stark....and thoughtless place that would be. When people aren't allowed to react and interpret events/products in whatever way they choose, it certainly isn't conducive to meaningful discussion. In general, I think it's the controversial topics, and the ones that aren't clearly black or white, that are the most interesting, and for which discussion is potentially most fruitful (and yes, potentially most inflammatory).

The forum certainly could be a place where only positive thoughts are allowed. Where critical analysis is not condoned (anytime you do so, you must accept, if objective that a negative conclusion is possible)....there is nothing wrong with that....but it would not be a place for realistic, thoughtful, or interesting conversation took place in my opinion. It would simply be a postive-only support group.

I can certainly see what many of the most emotional people would find the atmosphere 'negative".....frankly, I think it's a pretty realistic reflection of RIM's current and recent situation. If anything, the real situation is worse than reflected here. If there seems to be a lot of negative comments about RIM I think it's because.... well things have been very bad for the company, and many products have disappointed a lot of people. That's the truth, whether we acknowledge it or not. Perhaps things will get better.

Many of us were BlackBerry users years before you joined this forum and still have an interest in the platform even if we have moved on to something else.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Technically, sarcasm in some instances could be breaking the rules. The definition of trolling in the faq's is something that is said to illicit a negative response.
    Very true. I got an infraction for trolling for a sarcastic comment I made in response to a mods sarcastic comment. So, yes, it can be viewed as breaking the rules.
    notfanboy likes this.
    11-05-12 04:18 PM

There is a HUGE difference between people who use other platforms (sometimes in addition to blackberry, sometimes by themselves) and can engage in constructive debates without bashing BB, and people who use other platforms with absolutely no experience with BB and no intent on ever using BB again to troll the BB faithful.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-05-12 at 04:37 PM.
    11-05-12 04:19 PM
    Its too bad Matt got flak. I don't remember anything specific against him but I'm glad he is still around! He's definitely an asset to CB IMO.

To me it doesn't matter to me where in the spectrum your phone preference lies no one should be bullied. To be honest this is an anonymous forum people should feel free to state what is bothering them. Some do and one theme is some people's constant negativity. There is a strong point to be made that always playing devils advocate or simply trying to correct others brings down the atmosphere. But thats the atmosphere here: strong polarizing statements hehe and it doesn't always bring out the best. Its not like we can actually wave a wand and fix things we would like fixed at RIM (I'm sure there would be debate there as well lol) but I can see why some get defensive.

And for the record I only attack mothers with hugs. Only happend once I swear :P
    11-05-12 04:20 PM
    Very true. I got an infraction for trolling for a sarcastic comment I made in response to a mods sarcastic comment. So, yes, it can be viewed as breaking the rules.
    Opps, guess we now know I will have at least 1 bad boy mark by my name if the OP gets his way.
    11-05-12 04:20 PM
    Indeed. I got a similar one, for defending a Mod by making a sarcastic comment about the user attacking him. Since everyone's being so transparent, and it seems to satiate a select few people to know when infractions are handed out, here's my naughty list:

Forum Bullies-screen-shot-2012-11-05-5.19.21-pm.jpg
    11-05-12 04:23 PM
    Here is me being transparent.

Forum Bullies-4679050866_915394ae06.jpg
    11-05-12 04:29 PM
    Indeed. I got a similar one, for defending a Mod by making a sarcastic comment about the user attacking him. Since everyone's being so transparent, and it seems to satiate a select few people to know when infractions are handed out, here's my naughty list:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 5.19.21 PM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	124739
    You naughty boy....

Let me spank you......

11-05-12 04:29 PM
    You naughty boy....

Let me spank you......

Ohhh, how risqu�!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-05-12 04:33 PM
    You naughty boy....

Let me spank you......

Oh is it better with more? Will you spank longer? Harder?
    11-05-12 04:36 PM
    You naughty boy....

Let me spank you......

Why does Mike get all the discipline?!
    middbrew likes this.
    11-05-12 04:37 PM
    Oh is it better with more? Will you spank longer? Harder?
    As much as necessary to inflict the precise amount of pain needed for the expected outcome.....

kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-05-12 04:38 PM
    As much as necessary to inflict the precise amount of pain needed for the expected outcome.....

How very scholarly!
    11-05-12 04:39 PM
    Great, the usual crowd taking over and ruining a thread taking it way off topic, you've made your opinion known, time to move on no?
    11-05-12 04:39 PM
    Why does Mike get all the discipline?!
    He's breaking in my new gloves....

You will come after...

11-05-12 04:40 PM
    Just came out the shower...

Forum Bullies-hollow-man.jpg
    11-05-12 04:41 PM
    Great, the usual crowd taking over and ruining a thread taking it way off topic, you've made your opinion known, time to move on no?
    The topic seemed to be about the supposed negativity around here. What's wrong with a little light-hearted banter to lighten the mood?
    11-05-12 04:41 PM
    BTW - your answer wasn't very solid, it was just highly emotive and seemed to miss the point of the discussion.
    without sounding derisive, that's probably because it was imposible to determine. Discussing the success of BB10 with absolutely NO empirical data being put forth is a bad idea. But that is what happens here all the time. I was under the impression that you actually had more to offer besides saying the general public will determine what is successful. I mean how obvious is that, why even waste your time?
    11-05-12 04:43 PM
    Sorry belfast for getting off topic here, another thing that can get you points.

It doesn't matter to me one way or another if we can see those or not.
    11-05-12 04:45 PM
522 ... 34567 ...