View Poll Results: Would you like to see when a user receives a warning or an infraction on their profile?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 56.20%
  • No

53 43.80%
    I've received my share of infractions/warnings.

Nuff said.

No one's business and we shouldn't have to sit here and play popularity about it. The days of Web forums where they have those sort of reputation meters are thankfully gone. I also would like to note I've never ignored anyone or ever felt the need to do so. I like to read everyone's opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Seems elementary school really left its mark for some.....
    middbrew likes this.
    11-05-12 01:42 PM
    This is an online forum.. why on earth would it bother people that much that they need to count black marks against others? Come on now, remember its all not real, take a walk outside, enjoy the fresh air for a bit, then come back lol

Q i hit thank you because you were at 665 thanks haha
    Maybe you haven't found yourself at the end of insults or you haven't discovered other members talking defamatory about you in the forum threads.

I would like to know who's to be avoided.
    11-05-12 01:51 PM
    Maybe you haven't found yourself at the end of insults or you haven't discovered other members talking defamatory about you in the forum threads.

Oh I am sure choice words have been said about me lol
    11-05-12 01:53 PM
    Oh I am sure choice words have been said about me lol
    Not a day goes by that I don't insult your wearing skirts.....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 02:06 PM

But isn't that what the ignore feature is for?
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-05-12 at 02:17 PM. Reason: accidentally a word
    middbrew likes this.
    11-05-12 02:17 PM
    And why would the thread be closed?
    These types of threads sometimes go south in a hurry, thus, resulting in closure.
    11-05-12 02:26 PM
    But isn't that what the ignore feature is for?
    What kind of conversation would that be where half the responses are blanked out? I would rather want to know who to avoid.
    11-05-12 02:49 PM
    Bullies should be dealt with by the Mods. Keep CrackBerry as a website to help BlackBerry users and discuss our devices. There should not be any bullying of anyone here.

But I don't need to know about every infraction handed out.

(Never too early for popcorn!)
    11-05-12 03:00 PM
    the sarcasm and negativy has been growing lately. theres no need to reply or quote someone if you dont have anything useful to say. only negativity on here should be toward a RIM product if there is a genuine problem you are frustrated with and would like some help to have it fixed.
    11-05-12 03:00 PM
    What kind of conversation would that be where half the responses are blanked out? I would rather want to know who to avoid.
    I agree with you, I don't use the ignore feature for that reason as well. But I also don't go out of my way to avoid anyone. There are certain people who I tend to agree with here, and likewise there are certain people who I tend to disagree with. But often those groups are not mutually exclusive and I learn things from people I don't usually agree with and vice versa. I just don't see the need for the public viewing of ones' infractions. You wouldn't get an explanation of the situation. An infraction could just say "trolling" or "inappropriate language" etc. That could mean anything. Kind of like how someone labeled as a "sex offender" could be a , could have solicited a prostitute, or could have been a teen sending self pics to her teen boyfriend.
    11-05-12 03:02 PM
    one of the worst offenders as discussed in another thread today. never anything nice to say???
    That is an interesting membership requirement "must say nice things".
    11-05-12 03:03 PM
    That is an interesting membership requirement "must say nice things".
    its not a requirement atall. it is a shame though that some people are only saying negative things. i dont think this forum was created for someone to sign up and only say sarcastic or negative comments. it should be a place to celebrate blackberry , help others, and do say when there is legitimate negative feedback due about a RIM product or service. i just really cant understand how some are enjoying themselves while ONLY saying things which indicate they are anything but a blackberry fan. no one can be banned for giving an opinion even if negative, but only negative comments over and over and over from the same people surely make one question their motives and why they would ever be on here.
    Cesare21, Toodeurep and bungaboy like this.
    11-05-12 03:14 PM
    they are anything but a blackberry fan
    I'm perfectly honest about this - I'm not a blackberry fan but then I'm not a WP, android or iOS fan either - however I am interested in (and research) the mobile sector so when discussing issues related to RIM - I can't think of a better place to be. I've mentioned this before - it would great if there was a mobile nations forum but there isn't.
    richardat, kevinnugent and pkcable like this.
    11-05-12 03:20 PM
    I would also question why be here if there is such dissatisfaction with CB's policies, and/or practices, and/or mod group.
    I don't join sites I don't like. Life is way too short to spend time in places I don't like.
    I would question THEIR motives.

middbrew and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-05-12 03:24 PM
    I'm perfectly honest about this - I'm not a blackberry fan but then I'm not a WP, android or iOS fan either - however I am interested in (and research) the mobile sector so when discussing issues related to RIM - I can't think of a better place to be. I've mentioned this before - it would great if there was a mobile nations forum but there isn't.
    i dont see anything wrong with that atall.
    11-05-12 03:24 PM
    its not a requirement atall. it is a shame though that some people are only saying negative things. i dont think this forum was created for someone to sign up and only say sarcastic or negative comments. it should be a place to celebrate blackberry , help others, and do say when there is legitimate negative feedback due about a RIM product or service. i just really cant understand how some are enjoying themselves while ONLY saying things which indicate they are anything but a blackberry fan. no one can be banned for giving an opinion even if negative, but only negative comments over and over and over from the same people surely make one question their motives and why they would ever be on here.
    Fully agree with you. If you don't agree with somebody, 'just smile and wave boys'.

We need more positivity here, and only bashing somebody is not constructive criticism. I recall when I joined back in June, I did not see this much negativity or even hate-spewers around here. Dunno what changed after that. Please people, please try to be positive whenever you can.

Forum Bullies-coffee.jpg
    11-05-12 03:28 PM
    While I somewhat understand your angst, I think you need to understand you are a guest... like most of us are. Thus, we don't really have a say in who the homeowner lets in. If we don't like how the homeowner does his/her thing, we can build our own houses, or find someone else's house to hang in.

I think that when we all figure that out, life is much easier. Don't like a fellow guest? Report and/or ignore that guest, but keep in mind that the homeowner may not agree with your point of view.

My point is this: unpalatable as it sounds, we do not define what this space is. We may like to, but until the webhosting bill changes names, we respect the rules.

But c'mon... have fun. We are all interested in BBs one way or another, so in that, we are linked.
    11-05-12 03:33 PM
    This does not me posting to antagonize other members. Today (and sorry to point fingers) in the forum about why BB10 will be successful or something you kept shooting people down because the features they wanted weren't up to your standard. And to a point you were correct in that companies have certain advantages or more specifically I'll use the appropriate term of "competitive advantages" over their competitors. Seems like you were trying to stroke your own ego to me. I'm glad I realized what you were doing and gave you a solid answer, FFS am I in class or something?
    11-05-12 03:37 PM
    Fully agree with you. If you don't agree with somebody, 'just smile and wave boys'.

We need more positivity here, and only bashing somebody is not constructive criticism. I recall when I joined back in June, I did not see this much negativity or even hate-spewers around here. Dunno what changed after that. Please people, please try to be positive whenever you can.

Oh I see, so you're saying it's your fault. You joined in June and the forums haven't been the same since.

I'm just kidding
    Cesare21 and bungaboy like this.
    11-05-12 03:44 PM
    This does not me posting to antagonize other members. Today (and sorry to point fingers) in the forum about why BB10 will be successful or something you kept shooting people down because the features they wanted weren't up to your standard. And to a point you were correct in that companies have certain advantages or more specifically I'll use the appropriate term of "competitive advantages" over their competitors. Seems like you were trying to stroke your own ego to me. I'm glad I realized what you were doing and gave you a solid answer, FFS am I in class or something?
    I think folks need to also understand criticism of RIM is not an attack on one's mother (not that you do that, D). There are some STAUNCH BB loyalists that we can have discussions with (QB and Thunderbuck come to mind) that don't take things personally.

I remember the evil stuff directed at Matt when he took on the UNPAID job of being a moderator. I've known Matt for a while on CB, and it was disheartening to see some of the stuff said just because it was theorized that he didn't use BB as his main device, or because he said something perceived to be anti-RIM. But hey, the same happens when Kevin or Blaize are being realistic.

I think less sensitivity can help both sides of the aisle.
    11-05-12 03:50 PM
    Really glad to see so many enlightened responses to this thread. Saw it last night, and was fearful. Of course, even though human curiosity makes us all interested in such things, the OP's reasoning is unsound. Naturally, one can easily decide whether the post is one they want to respond to or not. They can choose who to ignore, or not. As others have pointed out, seeing somebody has an "infraction" isn't necessarily very enlightening.

Furthermore, it is still up the mods to make their own judgment.....seeing your complaint did not lead to action will not change that. It will only open the mods to more criticism, and open up new angles for off-topic attack. How long does anyone think it will really be before we see "oh that's rich coming from a guy with X infractions!" There is no productive reason why anyone needs to know this beyond an emotional desire. Moreover, I think some posters just like to be the center of attention, and start trolling discussions.
    11-05-12 03:59 PM
    While I somewhat understand your angst, I think you need to understand you are a guest... like most of us are. Thus, we don't really have a say in who the homeowner lets in. If we don't like how the homeowner does his/her thing, we can build our own houses, or find someone else's house to hang in.

I think that when we all figure that out, life is much easier. Don't like a fellow guest? Report and/or ignore that guest, but keep in mind that the homeowner may not agree with your point of view.

My point is this: unpalatable as it sounds, we do not define what this space is. We may like to, but until the webhosting bill changes names, we respect the rules.

But c'mon... have fun. We are all interested in BBs one way or another, so in that, we are linked.
    Its just that most of the negativity doesn't cross the line of what is appropriate to be reported. There still should be no place for unneeded sarcasm and negativity even if it doesn't break the rules
    11-05-12 04:02 PM
    I think folks need to also understand criticism of RIM is not an attack on one's mother (not that you do that, D). There are some STAUNCH BB loyalists that we can have discussions with (QB and Thunderbuck come to mind) that don't take things personally.

I remember the evil stuff directed at Matt when he took on the UNPAID job of being a moderator. I've known Matt for a while on CB, and it was disheartening to see some of the stuff said just because it was theorized that he didn't use BB as his main device, or because he said something perceived to be anti-RIM. But hey, the same happens when Kevin or Blaize are being realistic.

I think less sensitivity can help both sides of the aisle.
    I WISH TO THE HIGH HEAVENS that I could hug you right now.
    The abuse piled on Matt - and Kevin, in other forums - was VILE. And guess what, some members on this very thread have engaged in it.
    The hypocrisy is ASTONISHING.

11-05-12 04:05 PM
    this forum is for blackberry users. I believe I'm right. It is wrong for any other platform user to bash in and make comment in this forum. However, a blackberry user can air his view even if it seems annoying. Our duty is to support one another to maximise the benefit in blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-05-12 04:05 PM
    You know, you really do overgeneralize a bit too much. Do you actually read through posts from any specific user, or do you just see a single outburst and assume they're a bad Apple? If you have a problem with the way these forums are moderated, then you should take that up with the mods. If you have a problem with the content on the forums, you have the choice to take your own advice and simply not reply, or (although some hate it) you could use the ignore feature. It also shows a lot of insecurity

I agree that the ignore crutch isn't the best, and sometimes you do miss out on valuable contributions. I remember I ignored a user "GTILeo" a few months back because of some ignorant statements, but I've since un-ignored him after seeing some good quoted posts from him. I'd like to apologize publicly for ignoring him as well, since after seeing his posts beyond a few threads, I came to respect his opinion more.

But sometimes, the ignore function is all you've got, and it's better than nothing.
    richardat and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-05-12 04:08 PM
522 ... 23456 ...