CrackBerry now looks like Android Central...

I understand the desire to unify the look, so that everything is consistent across Mobile Nations, but what were the design decisions?

The new Featured and Recent tabs aren't that much different. They both take up *tons* of screen real estate and require lots of scrolling. Why?! Was this to make the site more mobile friendly and as a consequence, desktop unfriendly?

I used to be able to quickly see trending and most recent posts for Forums. Now, I can only see three Forum items. I come here for the forums because articles are few. It's the forums that make this site interesting. Shouldn't that be the focus?
    rick0415 and TripNFry like this.
    09-29-15 01:58 PM
    The new Featured and Recent tabs aren't that much different. They both take up *tons* of screen real estate and require lots of scrolling. Why?! Was this to make the site more mobile friendly and as a consequence, desktop unfriendly?
    But they are different.. I'll steal Phil's explanation for this one.

Recent is the firehose. It's everything that gets published, period. It's the good. The bad. The stories you can't live without, and the stories that we've written because we want to, even if they're not going to have the biggest audience in the world. (But, seriously, you should read every word we write!)

The "Featured" tab is where we're going to pick and choose a little more. So while stories will absolutely still rotate through there throughout the day, the movement won't nearly as fierce. If you're only able to check in a few times a day, that might be the place for you.

And in any event, you can flip back and forth at will. It's all about giving you more ways to read, and better ways to read. And it'll work on your phone as well as in a desktop browser.
    As for the forums listings, we elevate those on the homepage now as well as you mentioned. Depending on what you're viewing the homepage on you should see more or less of them. That being said, we're looking into new ways to integrate the forums on the homepage as well. Thanks for the feedback though, appreciate it because you're right. The forums should be and will continue to be a focus for us.
    pkcable, cbvinh and eldricho like this.
    09-29-15 02:11 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify, Bla1ze. At least with CrackBerry, we can get some insight as to why things were changed instead of just speculating!

The little Forum section we had before was easy to glance over and see where we might want to dive in. The Forums headlines that pop up now get lost in with the other articles. The images above them don't really add much, other than identify them as a Forum headline. If some space can be reclaimed from those images and be used toward Forum Most Recent and Trending...
    09-29-15 04:07 PM
    Yes guys, the quick forum preview is a super nice feature ! Quickly see what's being discussed and trending threads!

Please find a way to add them back to the homepage?

Posted via CB10
    TripNFry likes this.
    09-30-15 10:26 AM
    It's called "resistance to change"

First BlackBerry, Now CrackBerry Gone Android?-all_change_meets_resistance_business_library.jpg
    09-30-15 02:32 PM
    Yes guys, the quick forum preview is a super nice feature ! Quickly see what's being discussed and trending threads!

Please find a way to add them back to the homepage?

Posted via CB10

And just like that... - CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) | CrackBerry.com.. it's not the SAME as it was but check it out and let us know how it works out for you. We'll continue looking at other ways as well.
    09-30-15 03:07 PM
    And just like that... - CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) | CrackBerry.com.. it's not the SAME as it was but check it out and let us know how it works out for you. We'll continue looking at other ways as well.
    It's definitely the kind of Forum preview I'm looking for, but it still takes up a lot of space so requires a lot of scrolling. Can the images be smaller or even go away? For me, the images don't add anything. I'm usually reading the subject titles. I'd like to be able to quickly glance and see 10-12 subject titles at a time without scrolling.

Thanks!
    09-30-15 05:06 PM
    10-01-15 02:34 PM
    A unified theme and functionality across the Mobile Nations sites makes sense (specially since there will be some here switching to the Android-Priv).
    Can make the transition helpful in case the Priv leads to their following device being another Android.

You're awesome and don't ever change and keep up the great work.

Resistance is futile.

Looking forward to your awesome links.
    Maybe an Obama speech on "change" will be your next post here?

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    pkcable likes this.
    10-05-15 07:34 PM
    You're awesome and don't ever change and keep up the great work.
    Read what you wrote.
    TripNFry likes this.
    10-05-15 07:57 PM
    Read what you wrote.
    Ahhaha too much for you?
    Word play not your cup of tea?

And let's just hope that the CB10 app doesn't get less updates than its Android counterpart once the Priv is released.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 10-06-15 at 09:10 PM.
    10-05-15 08:12 PM