Just wondering why passport or any BlackBerry not mentioned for black friday sales? How many times does this guy shown a lack of respect for this site and its readers...its ridiculous.

Rene Ritchie is more balanced than this guy. Smh.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-27-14 10:25 PM
    I think it was mentioned in one of Derek's articles.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    Last edited by imcurved; 11-28-14 at 04:56 PM.
    11-27-14 10:27 PM
    As the best phone for business...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-27-14 10:28 PM
    Nah... Kessler is okay.

It is possible that the info wasn't ready when it was time to schedule the article to go live.
    11-27-14 10:29 PM
    Nah... Kessler is okay.

It is possible that the info wasn't ready when it was time to schedule the article to go live.
    Caaamaaan

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-27-14 10:34 PM
    Caaamaaan

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Seriously... I think he does a good job of balancing the editorial vision.

BTW, are any BB sales listed by retailers? Per the article:

Prices listed on this page are only retailer-published Black Friday sale prices, and may not be reflected on their respective websites until the day of the sale.
    I'm not sure myself, and am open to correction.
    11-27-14 10:53 PM
    He pulled ads for major USA retailers. Since the passport is not offered in the USA by any retailer there would be no black Friday deals to talk about.

I'm the first to admit Derek can be a little annoying but seriously you guys are just reaching now.
    purplefish212 and howarmat like this.
    11-28-14 09:17 AM
    He pulled ads for major USA retailers. Since the passport is not offered in the USA by any retailer there would be no black Friday deals to talk about.

I'm the first to admit Derek can be a little annoying but seriously you guys are just reaching now.
    I dont think its reaching to say he has shown nothing but cliche verge style contempt for BlackBerry both in his reporting, and on twitter. Mobile Nations is really great lots of really educated and professional staff in place (especially blaze, kevin, Daniel Rubino, and rene Ritchie most notably). But derek imho is a big step down, people can disagree with me, that's cool....but I know im not the only one who thinks this way

Z30 (10.3.1)
    gokulesh likes this.
    11-28-14 11:31 AM
    I dont think its reaching to say he has shown nothing but cliche verge style contempt for BlackBerry both in his reporting, and on twitter. Mobile Nations is really great lots of really educated and professional staff in place (especially blaze, kevin, Daniel Rubino, and rene Ritchie most notably). But derek imho is a big step down, people can disagree with me, that's cool....but I know im not the only one who thinks this way

Z30 (10.3.1)
    I read some of his comments about BB's newest phones. They weren't very flattering and some were mocking and rude. I wasn't sure if he was trolling Kevin's comments or what.
    11-28-14 01:45 PM
    It's his lack of respect for the CB10 that gets me. Cannot for the life of me make out any of the wording on the articles he posts with the backgrounds that obscure all text. D###!

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Tkarps, Clanked and Ragbert like this.
    11-28-14 04:37 PM
    Derek kessler not balanced reporting...BlackBerry hater.-img_20141128_223737.png

Tkarps likes this.
    11-28-14 04:39 PM
    Glad to see you're still beating the drum for balanced BlackBerry coverage, Clanked.

Why no BlackBerry on the Black Friday guide? Because in finding more the +250 deals worth consideration from the thousands that went up over the past few weeks, I may have missed a few. Despite all appearances, I am a human that makes mistakes. Is it worth a post like this instead of merely asking me why it's not on there? I'm not sure.

In the meantime, I'll point you back to my reply to you from a few months back: http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne.../#post10425289

Here's a fun little not-so-secret: it's not personal to me, and it definitely shouldn't be to you. Getting into a huff about whether your favorite smartphone is being portrayed fairly online is nearly as bad about getting hot under the collar about ethics in gaming journalism.

As for these posts in the CB10 app... that's a source of unending frustration for me. They render beautifully in the BB10 browser. �\_(ツ)_/�
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 11-28-14 at 07:00 PM.
    11-28-14 06:00 PM
    Glad to see you're still beating the drum for balanced BlackBerry coverage, Clanked.

Why no BlackBerry on the Black Friday guide? Because in finding more the +250 deals worth consideration from the thousands that went up over the past few weeks, I may have missed a few. Despite all appearances, I am a human that makes mistakes. Is it worth a post like this instead of merely asking me why it's not on there? I'm not sure.

In the meantime, I'll point you back to my reply to you from a few months back: http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne.../#post10425289

Here's a fun little not-so-secret: it's not personal to me, and it definitely shouldn't be to you. Getting into a huff about whether your favorite smartphone is being portrayed fairly online is nearly as bad about getting hot under the collar about ethics in gaming journalism.

As for these posts in the CB10 app... that's a source of unending frustration for me. They render beautifully in the browser. �\_(ツ)_/�
    Paint me as you want. I just think your tone regarding BlackBerry is not balanced. I like Rene Ritchie....if i'm some loony toon BlackBerry zealot shouldn't I be hating everyone who isn't BB 100%. Caman! I just think u should be more balanced...is that so wrong?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-28-14 06:29 PM
    Balanced where? On my personal Twitter account? Or when somebody asks my personal opinion? Please, show me where I've been unbalanced in the process of performing my job as a newswriter so I can correct myself.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    11-28-14 06:38 PM
    I don't know about your relationship with Clanked, but this is what I saw. Seemed at least unnecessary.
    Attached Thumbnails Derek kessler not balanced reporting...BlackBerry hater.-kessler.jpg  
    Clanked and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    11-28-14 07:44 PM
    Powned

Posted via CB10
    Clanked and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    11-28-14 11:55 PM
    I don't know about your relationship with Clanked, but this is what I saw. Seemed at least unnecessary.
    Why though? Plenty of members here expressed misgivings about that device.

Why is that opinion (from a personal feed) out of bounds?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-29-14 12:54 AM
    LOL just one of many times he's gone from mobile enthusiast to a BlackBerry hater.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-30-14 11:26 PM
    Why is that opinion (from a personal feed) out of bounds?
    Its the kind of unprofessional garbage you'd expect from hipsters living in brooklyn micro lofts completely sealed off from reality...aka The Verge staff lmao. But Mobile Nations has a lot of classy staff(classy on here, AND on twitter). Is he allowed to say that...of course, but its just not up to Mobile Nations high standard. Imho.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-30-14 11:30 PM
    Who does want that? I mean that comment is pretty innocent.

Please don't crucify me!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:53 PM
    Its the kind of unprofessional garbage you'd expect from hipsters living in brooklyn micro lofts completely sealed off from reality...aka The Verge staff lmao. But Mobile Nations has a lot of classy staff(classy on here, AND on twitter). Is he allowed to say that...of course, but its just not up to Mobile Nations high standard. Imho.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    The Porsche Design series are overpriced Z and Q's. I'd steer anyone away unless they seriously had a bent to pay $2000 for a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    12-01-14 01:02 AM
    I thought that was the general consensus for the Porsches..

After all, aren't most of its sales coming from Arabs that spend oil money left and right?

And, to be honest, the only journalists and reviewers we would consider "balanced" would be the ones praising BlackBerry, so I don't really blame the guy.
    12-01-14 01:18 AM
    That's my only concern too. Derek, I think the content of your articles is fine BUT... they are UNREADABLE in the CB10 app. Please dispense with the background image behind the text, and just let your words convey the message! Many thanks from the CB10 users!

It's his lack of respect for the CB10 that gets me. Cannot for the life of me make out any of the wording on the articles he posts with the backgrounds that obscure all text. D###!

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    ryandh1 likes this.
    12-01-14 01:49 AM
    I'll address a few points made in this thread.

First off, I had no idea who Derek was. I saw his post on Twitter a while back and figured he was trolling CrackBerry or being funny. I pretty much put him behind me until I saw his name in the "Trending Now" section while scrolling around over the long holiday weekend. So obviously, what he said stuck with me and I had pretty much decided to just ignore him moving forward. I will say this, his reply to CrackBerry contained three bits of information "overpriced" a matter of perspective/personal situation, "over-designed" whatever that is (an opinion I guess), and "17-month-old" which is untrue. Not much defense for that.

As far as the article Clanked referenced it was apparently stipulated that the deals be found published by retailers. I am unsure how Shop BlackBerry fits into this. One of you can start a poll if you would like to attempt to settle that matter.

Here comes the fun part...

I represented an organization that had brands. When tasked to develop an announcement for a show or produce a flier/invitation you better bet I made damn sure that ALL of our brands were adequately represented on such correspondence. It is just being professional and making sure I execute the details of my job to the best of my abilities.

Lastly, the shield of personal Twitter/Facebook account is total bull. If you want to be in the public eye and make a living doing what these guys do, you are accountable for your actions. Ask any number of "celebrity" that had to resign from their place of employment because of something they did in their personal lives. No disclaimer made what they did acceptable nor does it remove their accountability.

As for why Clanked has a bone to pick with this guy, well, that is between them. Me, I am all about second chances.
    Foreverup and Clanked like this.
    12-01-14 08:49 PM

Realistically many of us feel the same about the 2000 dollar Porsche phones. I would probably have similar feelings about such as iphone or Android device also! It's a waste of money!
    Thud Hardsmack and mrfreeze like this.
    12-02-14 10:09 AM
35 12