Hey, the computers in my school all have Cookies disabled and you cannot access the internet options to turn them on. They have also blocked all web browsers except Internet Explorer. I once got on the WAP forums in school and I could log in there but now when I go on the WAP forums I get redirected to the PC site, and if I change the skin from default to WAP it goes to default again. Since the use of a mobile phone in school will result in immediate confiscation, I really need to feed my addiction to CB and use the computers at break and lunch. Is there any way I can log in without Cookies (I can log into some sites) or access the WAP forums using IE?

Appreciate any help
    Thanks in advance.
    Adlen
    (Be nice, it's my birthday for another 1 and a half hours GMT, 6 and a half CrackBerry time!)
    02-21-08 04:31 PM
    Wap forums will not run properly on a pc. you could try Crackberry.com website but it will probably want to load cookies & I would imagine forums are forbidden. My workplace forbids forums.

Happy Birthday Adlen, hope you had a nice day!
    02-21-08 04:34 PM
    Thanks, I actually had a bad day in school they allow you to go on games in break and lunch but CB just won;t work and the stupid techies disabled Cookies!
    02-21-08 04:43 PM
    How come I have so much trouble with posts on the "mobile" version of CrackBerry.com?

Often it does not appear that my reply in a thread has actually been posted, primarily because my reply is usually still sitting in the text-box, so I hit reply a second time, only to be told that my post is a duplicate of something I've just posted!

Then, if this were not enough, my post is not immediately shown in the thread and in most cases, it's not even shown several hours later!

This problem ONLY occurs with the CrackBerry.com "mobile" site.

This is highly frustrating, so if anyone has any ideas as to why this happens and how it can be fixed, it would be most appreciated...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 05:50 AM
    try clearing your cache. the same thing happens for me. but when i post from my berry and then check it out from my pc, the posts are there.
    02-22-08 06:29 AM
    Well they need to fix it somehow, because on more than one ocasion I have noticed that my posts have doubled or even tripled up!

Like I said, I don't have this problem with any other site except CrackBerry.com...
    02-22-08 09:43 AM
    Sorry - have to post to see the second page. (See my other post in Site bugs)

02-22-08 10:06 AM
    oh yeah, I call it the BatBerry signal...
    02-23-08 10:34 AM
    How come I have so much trouble with posts on the "mobile" version of CrackBerry.com?

Often it does not appear that my reply in a thread has actually been posted, primarily because my reply is usually still sitting in the text-box, so I hit reply a second time, only to be told that my post is a duplicate of something I've just posted!

Then, if this were not enough, my post is not immediately shown in the thread and in most cases, it's not even shown several hours later!

This problem ONLY occurs with the CrackBerry.com "mobile" site.

This is highly frustrating, so if anyone has any ideas as to why this happens and how it can be fixed, it would be most appreciated...

Easy fix, and almost 99.99% of our users don't know this. When you post something and it loads and you still see your text in the box, Click your BB menu button(Its on the left side of the trackball) and click refresh, let it load and wham! No more text in the box! Kinda like magic!
    02-23-08 10:48 AM
    wow! you're right click, had no idea. nice, thanks!
    02-23-08 10:49 AM
    AHHHHH, thanks Click.
    02-23-08 10:50 AM
    But does that fix the "my message didn't actually post" problem, or does that just remove the text from the box?

02-23-08 11:33 PM
    Well It posted! Did you refresh like I said to? If you did then looks like the problem is fixed!
    02-23-08 11:34 PM
    Trying Click's suggestion...

02-24-08 07:20 PM
    Success! Fantastic! Thank you!!

02-24-08 07:21 PM
    Thanks Click! I always wondered what to do to fix that.

02-24-08 07:46 PM
    ... Or, you can use the R key, a keyboard shortcut to Refresh the page.

02-24-08 07:48 PM
    Thanks for that tip guys I was having the same issue.

02-24-08 07:51 PM
    I usually find that if I wait 20-30 secons and then click post a second time, it tells me that my post is a duplicate and my post appears in the thread... Most of the time (not always though!).

02-25-08 01:45 AM
    How does 1 get n 2 facebook n such on my prescious bberry?
    03-30-09 06:17 AM
    How does 1 get n 2 facebook n such on my prescious bberry?
    Do you have the facebook application? Do you have internet access on your blackberry? If you don't have the application you can dl it or go to the regular website by using your browser. Click on the BROWSER icon, hit MENU, then Go To >Facebook | Welcome to Facebook. Once your there all you need to do is simply log in.

Oh btw you can use the Search Forums function at the top of the screen to find answers to most of your questions. Good luck! Check out the 101 lecture series on this link to get ya started good...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 03-30-09 at 06:27 AM.
    03-30-09 06:22 AM
    Facebook also has a mobile site...

Facebook | Welcome to Facebook
    03-30-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD