I've been comparing how often CrackBerry is updated with articles compared to Android Central and it's painful. A quick example is as I type.. The CrackBerry home feed was last updated two days ago. android Central was Updated a minute ago.

Now.. I know some will say well there's nothing new happening with BlackBerry but guess what? You're so wrong. BlackBerry is now an android OS based phone that's targeted for the most part, at business users. But of course.. We have the advantage of also being able to use it as a fun device thanks to android.

Now.. There is so much going on in the android space.. Way more than ever happened in the BlackBerry space that I can't understand why the editor and contributing writers on here cannot have business targeted android news every other hour. Whether it's business focused, productivity focused, apps that work well with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ giving it has a pkb, things happening in the messaging space i.e. RCS, security focused messaging apps like signal etc.. And so forth. Why can't we also get articles like this that are focused on the BlackBerry type of user?

I know every now and again we get something on instagram for the fun users, bbm for the messaging folk and tons of annoying adds about buying some excel training course thing. I know you must advertise and sell to stay afloat but you must also cater to your core Base.

You can't tell me that in the whole android world.. In two days.. There's been nothing, whether new or old that would interest the BlackBerry community. Personally.. I think you guys got lazy or have other plans that are focused elsewhere.

You guys really need to do better. If I could help I would but I do have a day job which I'm commited to. You guys tho.. I assume this is your day job so u need to do better. If it ain't.. Then get some more commited staff.
    04-26-18 08:25 AM
    Can you drill down and provide some specific examples of articles or apps to discuss that would be considered specific to a BlackBerry Android user?
    Last edited by conite; 04-26-18 at 09:14 AM.
    04-26-18 08:38 AM
    I doubt the revenue from BBMo supports much of an editorial staff. If you want, you could write-up and article and contact Bla1ze to see if he will add it.

But Mobile Nations isn't into duplicate information. If it is BlackBerry specific, then it belongs on CrackBerry. If it's Android specific or in general, then it really belongs on Android Central.

I expect that most anything you want... cold be found in the archives of either site. It's not like there is much going on in the BlackBerry world, and even OREO is old news at this point in the Android world. But I expect we will see a few OREO topics here, once BlackBerry release it.
    Molfus likes this.
    04-26-18 09:10 AM
    Or, I think we can put crackberry into subforum/category in android central.
    04-26-18 09:18 AM
    Or, I think we can put crackberry into subforum/category in android central.
    That kind of internal arrangement of Mobile Nations is simply a business decision based on readership.
    04-26-18 09:31 AM
    (Moved to Site Feedback for better exposure to staff)
    04-26-18 10:02 AM
    I too just did a quick comparison of Android Central and CrackBerry.

Most of the AC articles just today are product specific. Pixel, LG, Huawei, Amazon Kindle/Echo, or other devices like smart thermostats, Playstation controllers...etc, or things like Gmail in a browser.

A lot of stuff, sure. But none of them have anything to do with BlackBerry.

I see CB as a brand specific site. So really, only things related to BlackBerry would be posted. Today there was an SD card article, because BlackBerry phones take SD cards, so, there you go.

Related.

But Playstation controllers have nothing to do with BlackBerry. So I don't expect to see that article here.

LG reporting their profits has nothing to do with BlackBerry. So I don't expect to see that article here either.

Yes, I do see a few general android help articles that could cross over, but really, sometimes similar article do pop up over here that are geared for BlackBerry android since BB does have a few differences.

Just my assessment.
    04-26-18 10:05 AM
    Now.. There is so much going on in the android space.. Way more than ever happened in the BlackBerry space that I can't understand why the editor and contributing writers on here cannot have business targeted android news every other hour. Whether it's business focused, productivity focused, apps that work well with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ giving it has a pkb, things happening in the messaging space i.e. RCS, security focused messaging apps like signal etc.. And so forth. Why can't we also get articles like this that are focused on the BlackBerry type of user?
    "Business" is so variable that it would just end up duplicating Android Central and the other Mobile Nations sites most of the time, though. Hell, if one works in marketing or PR the social media stuff that makes the peanut gallery here blanch would be "business". And thanks to Knox and Android for Work and stuff like that, BlackBerry doesn't have the monopoly on "business" it once had, either (unless you're fine with Samsung news on the front page).

If TCL remembers they have devices to sell (be they new or yet another KEYone paint job), or if Optiemus ever makes good on those concepts, the news will pick up and there would be something unique on the front page again.
    04-26-18 10:26 AM
    Well.. looks like you've all decided to settle for less. That's fine. My view is its all about engaging the target audience.

Quick examples of engaging articles might include:

In depth article on BlackBerry security i.e. difference between android and bbos.

BBM vs the rest.

Hub as an email app vs the rest.

Hub as a messaging aggregator vs the imitators.

BlackBerry Launcher vs the rest i.e. the Microsoft launcher.

BlackBerry battery performance vs the best on the market.

BlackBerry apps vs similar. I've seen android central post about best calendar apps without even a mention of the BlackBerry calendar which I think is superior. They've done the same for email apps without even a mention of the Hub.. which is far superior to most.

Hell.. even do some productivity app articles vs the competition.

BlackBerry vs other security focused phones no matter how few there might be.

KEYᵒⁿᵉ camera vs the pixel.

There's a lot that can be written from a BlackBerry enthusiast perspective that I think would be really engaging for the site visitors.

I realise some of these might have been done before or elsewhere but I'm sure there's still loads of room for more.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    04-26-18 10:48 AM

If TCL remembers they have devices to sell (be they new or yet another KEYone paint job), or if Optiemus ever makes good on those concepts, the news will pick up and there would be something unique on the front page again.
    Seems like you don't really approve of TCL/BBM's strategy?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    04-26-18 11:38 AM
    Well.. looks like you've all decided to settle for less. That's fine. My view is its all about engaging the target audience.

In depth article on BlackBerry security i.e. difference between android and bbos.

BBM vs the rest.

BlackBerry apps vs similar. I've seen android central post about best calendar apps without even a mention of the BlackBerry calendar which I think is superior. They've done the same for email apps without even a mention of the Hub.. which is far superior to most.

There's a lot that can be written from a BlackBerry enthusiast perspective that I think would be really engaging for the site visitors.

I realise some of these might have been done before or elsewhere but I'm sure there's still loads of room for more.
    Are you sure you want to know the answers to some of these questions?

Besides, most "versus" articles come down to preference anyway.

And since Knox and BlackBerry Android don't actually publish technical papers on their security, it would come down to trust and marketing literature.
    04-26-18 11:41 AM

I agree that those articles would be interesting, but probably not for the same reasons.

Seems like you don't really approve of TCL/BBM's strategy?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    Not really, no. Their strategy hurts sales more than helps them: little to no carrier support, dragging device launches out to dilute any positive press that would come out, too many special editions, irregular and uncertain updates, so on and so forth. About the only thing they've learned is to bump up the hardware quality control before shipping devices, although that they had to learn it the hard way isn't admirable.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Qorax like this.
    04-26-18 11:46 AM
    I kind of agree with you here. There is virtually no editorial content or Op-Ed pieces on CB anymore (unless there's a device launch). I get that the news cycle, particularly as it relates to BlackBerry, revolves around new devices. But it would still be nice to get some accessories reviews once in a while or maybe a column series that looks at some of the historical aspects of the BlackBerry brand.

Wouldn't it be great to get a retrospective on the history of the company? Or a weekly spotlight on a legacy device, how it was rated at the time, what the world was like back when it was released? People love retro! I think this type of content would definitely cater to the "fan" in all of us, stimulate some dialogue and tide us over until the next device is released.
    grover5 and naijab0y like this.
    04-26-18 01:40 PM
    I kind of agree with you here. There is virtually no editorial content or Op-Ed pieces on CB anymore (unless there's a device launch). I get that the news cycle, particularly as it relates to BlackBerry, revolves around new devices. But it would still be nice to get some accessories reviews once in a while or maybe a column series that looks at some of the historical aspects of the BlackBerry brand.

Wouldn't it be great to get a retrospective on the history of the company? Or a weekly spotlight on a legacy device, how it was rated at the time, what the world was like back when it was released? People love retro! I think this type of content would definitely cater to the "fan" in all of us, stimulate some dialogue and tide us over until the next device is released.
    I’d be interested in this. I’d like the accessory content and the retro articles.
    04-26-18 01:44 PM

BBM vs the rest.

Not to mention BB officially redirected forum traffic to crackberry and isn't the licensee eco system and anything that relates to them specifically head turner?
    04-26-18 03:40 PM
    Surely guys like Eric Peterson who wrote the BB10 clock thread more so part of the BB10 developer veterans and who knows how many of his BB10 colleagues can come along to contribute nice editorial worthy material.
    https://epeterso2.com/2018/01/30/clock-work/
    04-26-18 03:52 PM

BBM vs the rest.

Saying to focus on target audience is like saying to focus on BBOS or BB10. Things are just more quiet since BB withoutbOS is smaller footprint and BBMo is only device and not an OS.

Each new article drives traffic unless new articles just rehash old information. Look at traffic at iMore and Windows Central. Things here at CrackBerry have been managed pretty well.
    04-26-18 04:24 PM
    I agree that those articles would be interesting, but probably not for the same reasons.

Not really, no. Their strategy hurts sales more than helps them: little to no carrier support, dragging device launches out to dilute any positive press that would come out, too many special editions, irregular and uncertain updates, so on and so forth. About the only thing they've learned is to bump up the hardware quality control before shipping devices, although that they had to learn it the hard way isn't admirable.
    While I agree to everything you say except the carrier support part. I am sure that's not part of their strategy. They are just having to face the music because of the BlackBerry brand. Yes they do need to pull up their socks on the other things.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    04-26-18 08:21 PM
    I like it. Less garbage. But the odd android update article wouldn't hurt if it works on bb
    04-26-18 08:26 PM
    While I agree to everything you say except the carrier support part. I am sure that's not part of their strategy. They are just having to face the music because of the BlackBerry brand. Yes they do need to pull up their socks on the other things.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    As much as they have their own problems, at least Essential can release one phone that works on pretty much any carrier.
    04-26-18 09:31 PM
    Write some articles yourself, TS. If they're good enough then I'm sure they'll be added.

Like honestly what do you expect to see?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-18 12:44 AM
    As much as they have their own problems, at least Essential can release one phone that works on pretty much any carrier.
    Fair enough but looking at essential's sales I don't think that's working that good for them.
    While there isn't a single model that works on all in the case of KEYone, but at least there are compatible models for all the 4 carriers (locked or unlocked)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    04-27-18 02:13 AM
    OP you're wrong.There's so many useful android articles like how to take a screenshot, how to install an app, how to update an app etc etc, which is a real big help because they're the darndest things to get a hang of while using an android cell phone. Stop being a negative nancy.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    04-27-18 04:43 AM

I agree with you there! The only thing not completely under their control is the carrier support. All the same, giving AT&T a 6 month exclusive on the black K1 without requiring them to showcase the phone in stores or their website was a dumb move. And that's not even considering the 3GB/4GB nonsense.

I hope round 2 goes better, but the fact that they aren't hyping the new phones at all to build excitement before release doesn't bode well.
    04-27-18 05:36 AM
    I agree with you there! The only thing not completely under their control is the carrier support. All the same, giving AT&T a 6 month exclusive on the black K1 without requiring them to showcase the phone in stores or their website was a dumb move. And that's not even considering the 3GB/4GB nonsense.

I hope round 2 goes better, but the fact that they aren't hyping the new phones at all to build excitement before release doesn't bode well.
    Round 2 was the Motion... that didn't go better.

Round 3... we will see, but will depend on Enterprise (if there is demand) and the whole anti-China stuff going on in the US right now. But based on how poorly round 2 went, I wouldn't count on Enterprise being a factor.

But Sprint's the one with the initial KEYone "exclusive"... AT&T was simply the only other US carrier that was willing to offer it.
    04-27-18 07:39 AM
58 123