Chris is now saying on iMore that he'll switch to Apple iPhone 6. He finds the OS simpler and it has so many apps. Hopefully he'll find a file manager app and an email app that allows for better efficiency.

I post this because I don't understand how someone who obviously needs to be efficient and productive would switch to Apple. There is no file manager. Email is a pain to use. Maybe this will change with the new OS, I don't know. Even Android offers more options than iOS.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:16 PM
    Chris is now saying on iMore that he'll switch to Apple iPhone 6. He finds the OS simpler and it has so many apps. Hopefully he'll find a file manager app and an email app that allows for better efficiency.

I post this because I don't understand how someone who obviously needs to be efficient and productive would switch to Apple. There is no file manager. Email is a pain to use. Maybe this will change with the new OS, I don't know. Even Android offers more options than iOS.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that you're measuring productivity by your own criteria though.

I couldn't be productive without a file manager, but I know several people who are.
    TgeekB, mornhavon, srfinva and 4 others like this.
    08-29-14 05:21 PM
    The problem is that you're measuring productivity by your own criteria though.

I couldn't be productive without a file manager, but I know several people who are.
    Exactly. "Productive" isn't the same for everyone.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-29-14 05:23 PM
    Tre Lawrence and TgeekB: point taken. Perhaps I'm so used to a phone OS that mirrors a little what I do on my computer that I can't imagine any better way.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-29-14 05:34 PM
    I'm sure he will at least kick the tires of a Passport when the time comes, and if he prefers it, having had tried an iPhone 6 will just give him a more balanced perspective (and credibility). If I could afford it (i.e. not married), I would love to try every device too.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:56 PM
    I'm sure he will at least kick the tires of a Passport when the time comes, and if he prefers it, having had tried an iPhone 6 will just give him a more balanced perspective (and credibility). If I could afford it (i.e. not married), I would love to try every device too.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.

LOL @ affording/marriage. I hear ya.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-29-14 05:58 PM
    You can download a file manager for iOS. Not everyone likes BlackBerry 10, for a lot of people, iOS will be far better than BlackBerry 10. At end of the day, it's all preference.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:03 PM
    Tre Lawrence and TgeekB: point taken. Perhaps I'm so used to a phone OS that mirrors a little what I do on my computer that I can't imagine any better way.
    Understood and we all probably feel that way at times. Just have to keep an open mind. I'm sure he will get by with the iPhone.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-29-14 06:06 PM
    I have switched between Blackberry, Android and IOS platforms and they all have their good and bad points. To me there is not one great OS, it's up to the end user to determine what best fits their needs.

I like the app ecosystem in Android and IOS, I like the customer and product support from Apple. I also like the hub, email and file manager in Blackberry OS10.

I currently have a z30 and a iPhone 5s and I find myself using the z30 more because it lets me be more productive. But this is all personal choice.

I am going to buy a passport as soon as an unlocked GSM version is available and I will also be getting the iPhone 6 when it becomes available.

I have posted allot of my personal experiences on these platforms on this forum and I have been critical of how blackberry is going to manage their resources for the future.

Whenever someone ask me what platform I would recommend to them, I always asked them what their needs are and then show them the great features Blackberry and OS10 have to offer, but in the end, the decision has to be what works best for the individual.
    08-29-14 06:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Before this thread gets out of hand. Please provide proof of when and where he said this.
    lift likes this.
    08-29-14 06:22 PM
    At first I wanted to say we have a traitor among us - but I realized he is no longer here on CrackBerry
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-29-14 06:23 PM
    To be honest, as a gadget person, like Chris, and myself for that matter, it is our duty to try all OS' and devices.

Most of us come back to BlackBerry eventually.

Just saying...
    08-29-14 06:28 PM
    Should have waited for the 6s. Guess he will learn the hard way!
    08-29-14 06:37 PM
    To be honest, as a gadget person, like Chris, and myself for that matter, it is our duty to try all OS' and devices.

Most of us come back to BlackBerry eventually.

Just saying...
    I also find myself coming back to Blackberry, when I leave and try something else.

I find myself missing the hub, peek and the gesturing concept. It's hard to explain but it does keep calling you back. 😍
    08-29-14 06:38 PM
    At first I wanted to say we have a traitor among us - but I realized he is no longer here on CrackBerry
    Good, because I stopped taking his articles seriously about BlackBerry after he told his preference for Android over BB10. There is is nothing wrong in liking other devices, in fact I use Android but I do like BB10 and want Blackberry to succeed. The difference is I don't work for CrackBerry, a Blackberry fan site. I believe if someone works at a place like CrackBerry, that person should be totally passionate about BlackBerry. Constructive criticism is good but you still need to show that support and passion to give the best to your work.
    acovey and westcoastjay like this.
    08-29-14 06:39 PM
    Before this thread gets out of hand. Please provide proof of when and where he said this.

http://m.imore.com/never-mind-if-55-...ke-apple-money

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it all comes down to usage and preference. He can carry 2 phones if he likes to. It all comes down to his needs..
    08-29-14 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    No he will not kick the tires of the Passport ! He is done...

The thing is the new iPhone will cost $$$$ whereas I hope the Passport is $$$ and the Z20 is $. BlackBerry may be able to deliver on value.
    08-29-14 06:43 PM
    Good, because I stopped taking his articles seriously about BlackBerry after he told his preference for Android over BB10. There is is nothing wrong in liking other devices, in fact I use Android but I do like BB10 and want Blackberry to succeed. The difference is I don't work for CrackBerry, a Blackberry fan site. I believe if someone works at a place like CrackBerry, that person should be totally passionate about BlackBerry. Constructive criticism is good but you still need to show that support and passion to give the best to your work.
    I think he works for the whole Mobile Nations site.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and damien kupuku like this.
    08-29-14 06:44 PM
    The difference is I don't work for CrackBerry, a Blackberry fan site. I believe if someone works at a place like CrackBerry, that person should be totally passionate about BlackBerry.
    Chris doesn't work for 'CrackBerry', he works for Mobile Nations and brings several different aspects and analysis for all of the sites. If you don't like his thoughts or opinions fine, but at least understand his position. I write for all the sites as well...does that make me any less passionate about the platform I CHOOSE to use? Not at all.
    08-29-14 07:35 PM
    I dunno much about this Chris guy. But from what I gather he was maybe still is some investor/trader type. When he was in his prime investing/trading days he used BlackBerry to power his day to day dealings. During this time his bank account soared to epic proportions giving him the ability to retire at a younger than most age.

Now that he's retired all he wants do is play the latest Angry Birds by the pool while he sips his margaritas.
    NotGoodIMO likes this.
    08-29-14 07:47 PM
    Who cares what Chris uses, please! His five minutes of fame are over, why bother rehashing what he says, does or doesn't do. In the larger scheme of things he's just proven that he goes with the flow rather than against the current, he is entitled to use, say ,do whatever he wishes ,as with the case with everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 08-29-14 at 08:18 PM.
    TgeekB, lift, Andy_bb_king and 1 others like this.
    08-29-14 07:59 PM
    He likes IOS because its dumbed down and simple... its weird reading for a tech site. He should be writing for Zoomer magazine or some other place geared for the non tech crowd.
    08-29-14 08:01 PM
    He switched to android mainly for google services if I recall correctly. If your work uses google drive or hang outs or groups or any of the other if not all the google suite offerings then you should consider an android device. It will make you more productive in the end. Even though it lacks the hub. Which is a big negative in my opinion.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-29-14 08:15 PM
    It would not get out of hand if we just allow people to use the devices of their choice.
    08-29-14 08:21 PM
66 123