Why is this site so full of online tracking things and Everytime I run a scan of my computer the number 1 things that are shown are from Crackberry.com.

Why do they want to track my use of the site?? Really
    Why so many ads that bog down the site?
    I know you have to make money but we all dont want to be tracked by everyone of your advertisers.

Get a clue CrackBerry, your not the NSA or Obama
    Rjinswand likes this.
    12-27-14 08:22 AM
    What are you scanning with?
    12-27-14 08:26 AM
    Why is this site so full of online tracking things and Everytime I run a scan of my computer the number 1 things that are shown are from Crackberry.com.

I know you have to make money but we all dont want to be tracked by everyone of your advertisers.

Google is a partner with Mobile Nations/Crackberry.

Tracking = clicks = cash $.
    12-27-14 08:59 AM
    This is why I only use the mobile app. The full site via a web browser is so slow and riddled with performance issues.

Posted via CB10
    Traxxmy likes this.
    12-27-14 09:24 AM

WHAT?

First, and most basic answer is: IT'S FREE. They make money from ads. If you don't want to be "tracked by advertisers" don't go to free sites that are paid for by those advertisers.

Second, just turn off cookies and sign out from google and use a different browswer.

Third.....Obama? What?
    anon(9194980) and raino like this.
    12-27-14 09:29 AM
    I know they have to make money like I said in my post, money makes the world go around but this site has only gotten worse and worse with the fricking ads and slowing down the site is all that im saying

Google=Obama
    12-27-14 10:00 AM
    This is why I only use the mobile app. The full site via a web browser is so slow and riddled with performance issues.

Posted via CB10
    And all cause by advertisement. Side ads, banner ads, pop up ads, flashing ads. Name it crackberry have it.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    12-27-14 10:07 AM
    Google=Obama
    Just let this thread die and save whatever dignity you have left. This is not even a thread asking for help.

Edit: and get an ad blocker for your browser.
    raino and bungaboy like this.
    12-27-14 10:08 AM
    I know they have to make money like I said in my post, money makes the world go around but this site has only gotten worse and worse with the fricking ads and slowing down the site is all that im saying

Google=Obama
    And all that I'm saying is that the site is free. Stop using it if you don't like the free content, or do all of the things I suggested. if enough people stop using the site, maybe CB will take notice.

Google equals Obama? Now you're just inserting desperate political troll remarks.
    anon(9194980), raino and bungaboy like this.
    12-27-14 10:08 AM
    The site is great but all the ads slow it down
    12-27-14 02:50 PM
    The site is great but all the ads slow it down
    If that's your problem, assuming you are viewing this site on a PC, here is your solution: https://adblockplus.org/
    12-27-14 02:56 PM
    If that's your problem, assuming you are viewing this site on a PC, here is your solution: https://adblockplus.org/
    Just do some small changes to browser setting will do the job in blocking ads. No need to add another browser extension which bog down the browser.

12-27-14 07:23 PM
    Google=Obama
    Why does CrackBerry have so many trackers & Junk Ads?-cfohq1o.gif

Seriously, use Ad Block. At least the ads aren't physically obscuring site functions (like in mobile view).
    12-27-14 07:25 PM
    Moved to Site Feedback for better exposure to the Admins.
    12-27-14 08:07 PM
    Wanted to reopen this discussion for a moment, actually would like to make this a poll but figured I'd post here first. I find the ads very annoying, and while I understand their purpose, would CB consider making a paid version of the site (monthly $9.95 or something like that) for no ads? There are other websites that do that, in fact you get extra features as well. I think I'm not alone in thinking that the ads have really gotten out of control. Thanks for listening, as always!
    01-20-15 11:34 AM
    Use Adblock (not Plus! ) and do-not-track-me or Ghostery -problems solved

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-21-15 05:05 AM
    Use Adblock (not Plus! ) and do-not-track-me or Ghostery -problems solved

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    This isn't a good solution for CrackBerry since long term it will affect their revenue from advertising. Likewise, highly invasive advertising will drive consumers away. I don't use ad blockers on principle, but I don't pay much attention to ads either (maybe subliminally) . CrackBerry needs to maintain a balance for the benefit of all involved. If the op is right, maybe things have swung too far in the favour if the advertisers.

Personally my biggest problem with the CrackBerry website is that it is slow to load and seems to be very heavy on resources. Viewing it in Firefox on my (slightly older) laptop shows significant lag. Most of the time I'm using the CrackBerry app so it's not an issue.

Edit: oh, and although I don't block ads, I do regularly clear cookies and browser history to restrict tracking ad much as easily possible. I don't think tracking is acceptable.
    01-21-15 05:36 AM
    CrackBerry the full site loads for 2 seconds on my computer. If that's still slow then I don't know what is fast anymore.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    01-21-15 05:40 AM
    CrackBerry the full site loads for 2 seconds on my computer. If that's still slow then I don't know what is fast anymore.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    I'm not at my laptop, but it takes about 9 seconds to load in the supposedly fast z10 browser. Fair enough, the page may be mostly viewable after 5-6 seconds, but it's annoying having stuff appear while reading (usually the ads seem to be last to show). Each click then seems to incur a similar delay in spite of caching.
    As is often said, I guess this is a first world problem.
    01-21-15 05:51 AM
    I don't mind a few ads but they are getting gross as hell! Especially the one with the thing that's supposed to be a ***** that has a sore on it.
    I contacted the advertiser and requested that they stop doing that, in the name of the children of course and I'm awaiting a response and if they don't pull that garbage off the Web I'm going to get with the federal trade commission and or the FCC.
    If it's not that it's the jellyfish looking ad that bothers me and I just know the public is sick and tired of it too.
    Good taste ads no problem but when companies push the limit and I'm unable to block them on my phone I have a problem with that.

05-18-15 12:24 PM
    When you load the site on BlackBerry, there is 0 content displayed. It's all titles and ads.. you have to scroll to actually see any content.

That's just ridiculously bad website design. Did a 15 year old design CB?
    06-27-15 02:07 PM
    Yep. The first thing loaded is the advertisement then only the real content. That's why I never visit the website. Just use crackberry app is enough.

07-04-15 06:50 AM
    Rene Ritchie of iMore did a good editorial on the problem. It's worth a read......

Content blockers, bad ads, and what we're doing about it | iMore
    07-09-15 07:56 AM
    When you load the site on BlackBerry, there is 0 content displayed. It's all titles and ads.. you have to scroll to actually see any content.

That's just ridiculously bad website design. Did a 15 year old design CB?
    I have complained about the ads before only to get laughed at and comments to leave the site. I suppose these were from inside people or people that are suck ups.

That being said the last time I checked the ad count was unusually high. And if viewed on a small screen like the 9900 the foot and header ads take 25% of the screen.

There is another thread I started about the app not being updated or worked on. Bla1ze says they have no resources to improve the app? If you think back the ads got heavier after Kevin put Bla1ze in charge. Most likely to offset the additional expenses or maybe someone was trying to impress the CEO?

In any case there are so many dedicated people that service this site for free. These people are what makes the site not because of fancy Web pages with images. To bad CrackBerry don't throw them a bone once in a while like game tickets or product. Instead the ad revenue goes to the king. Not opposed to CB making money but feed the hand that got them there. It's a shame CB users have to donate to assist when some of that ad revenue could spread around. Just a little would go a long way.

In regards to the programing I could not agree with you more. It's like they took students in a class and collectively built the website and maintained by the next class. The search function is the worse I have ever seen. On the CB10 there is no basic functions such as PM or reviewing profile.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 07-10-15 at 10:40 AM.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-10-15 10:21 AM

There is another thread I started about the app not being updated or worked on. Bla1ze says they have to resources to improve the app? If you think back the ads got heavier after Kevin put Bla1ze in charge. Most likely to offset the additional expenses or maybe someone was trying to impress the CEO?

In any case there are so many dedicated people that service this site for free. These people are what makes the site not because of fancy Web pages with images. To bad CrackBerry don't throw them a bone once in a while like game tickets or product. Instead the ad revenue use goes to the king.

In regards to the programing I could not agree with you more. It's like they took students in a class and collectively built the website and maintained by the next class. The search function is the worse I have ever seen. On the CB10 there is no basic functions such as PM or reviewing profile.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    With regards to the CB10 App, it has a very small team of devs, 8 contributors including myself, PM stuff is not a 'basic' thing to implement, the Android App is lucky that's it's practically a skinned version of Taptalk.
    07-10-15 10:43 AM
26 12