Seriously the app right now sucks, u can't watch videos, multiple images in posts and sometimes it is slow to load, I think the update should have come a loooong time ago

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    04-03-14 11:16 AM
    Not to mention that it is the number 1 BlackBerry fan site but its own BB10 app isn't headless.

For one, it needs to be in the BlackBerry Beta Zone.

It needs to use push-notifications for subscribed threads.
    It needs to have an option for push notifications for articles.
    It needs to support Private Messages
    Any links opened for CrackBerry.com need to open in the App
    It needs to have bigger radio buttons for polls
    As mentioned: It needs to support video playback.
    Special character support needs to actually be a thing
    Articles in the app need to better support multi-page posts - like the top 10 leaked devices didn't work properly...and the new Kopi pictures article needs to allow for us to tap on the left or right of the image to go to the next ones or tap on the image for full-screen.
    ciabo, habs_fan, gokulesh and 3 others like this.
    04-03-14 11:58 AM
    Even the Android app is way better than the native one

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 12:12 PM
    Maybe they want us to install the android one via snap and just drop support for BB10

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    jope28 and Ankish khatri like this.
    04-03-14 12:20 PM
    Not to mention that it is the number 1 BlackBerry fan site but its own BB10 app isn't headless.

Articles in the app need to better support multi-page posts - like the top 10 leaked devices didn't work properly...and the new Kopi pictures article needs to allow for us to tap on the left or right of the image to go to the next ones or tap on the image for full-screen.
    I agree with all you said. But I can't imagine for the life of me why people have a problem with video playback. I always check the podcasts (if I check them that is) in-app.
    04-03-14 12:53 PM
    And yet another thread with no attention, ah, lovely.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-03-14 07:45 PM
    What it desperately needs is a way to clean out its cache, either with a button in the settings menu, or done automatically by the app. It's a 2.4 MB app with 282.6 MB of data attached to it on my handset. It's bigger than Angry birds for me! And at the moment, the only way to make it take up less space is to delete the app and reinstall it.
    Nharzhool, highos and dibbis like this.
    04-03-14 08:07 PM
    I will chime in on this. As a fan site, the CB10 app should be an exemplary, native app, and set the standard for all other applications. If your Android developer won't code natively for BlackBerry 10, and won't put the effort and features in, then contract a developer who will.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    gokulesh and StutterStep like this.
    04-03-14 08:08 PM
    I will chime in on this. As a fan site, the CB10 app should be an exemplary, native app, and set the standard for all other applications.
    It is sad. Very sad. Maybe Mobile Nation has no money. What else could be the reason besides being broke?

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    04-03-14 08:50 PM
    Add my vote. I too am unhappy with the app. Their CEO coded this app, I think. Good for him and it was a good first app. But now needs a serious overhaul / upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:05 PM
    I will chime in on this. As a fan site, the CB10 app should be an exemplary, native app, and set the standard for all other applications. If your Android developer won't code natively for BlackBerry 10, and won't put the effort and features in, then contract a developer who will.

I whole-heartedly agree. It makes no sense that with Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Simon and Chris making a fuss about wanting headless support on the platform; they don't have their app made headless.

There are lots of very good BB10 Qt and QML devs. Hell, contract Knobtviker, jamespaulmuir, Adrian Sacchi or NemOry to get it done. They've already shown how good they are!
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-03-14 10:44 PM
    I whole-heartedly agree. It makes no sense that with Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Simon and Chris making a fuss about wanting headless support on the platform; they don't have their app made headless.

There are lots of very good BB10 Qt and QML devs. Hell, contract Knobtviker, jamespaulmuir, Adrian Sacchi or NemOry to get it done. They've already shown how good they are!
    Exactly my thoughts. And I could even bet that some developpers would do it for free, just for the glory of working for CrackBerry and having like 100000 users for it. Hell, I know I do not represent the mass, but i'd pay a dollar for a well-made and supported app.
    04-03-14 11:31 PM
    It is sad. Very sad. Maybe Mobile Nation has no money. What else could be the reason besides being broke?

Well if someone didn't buy expensive iphones.....

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:33 PM
    Or the P'9982 while disregarding CB10.

Ankish khatri likes this.
    04-04-14 12:12 AM

All of the above!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 12:48 AM
    CrackBerry BB10 App sucks!! Wonder why they do not know somebody who can code a nice App for Blackberry also, not only for Android

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 04:18 AM
    I was thinking about this too. Shouldn't CB take the initiative by creating an exemplary app that sets standards? The cache issue is ridiculous.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    04-04-14 04:41 AM
    Even the Android app is way better than the native one

Posted via CB10
    And that is why i'm using the android Crackberry app on my Z30 lol. It actually looks nice and runs extremely well.
    pmccartney and Ankish khatri like this.
    04-04-14 05:27 AM
    04-04-14 07:57 AM
    Fix the dam app!

I'm tired of the scrolling forever bug!!!!

Takes over 45 seconds for a thread compliant to register!

Can get it to copy n paste.

The orange is getting on my nerves!

Takes up to much disk space.

There is so much more to do but it seems CB is not moving forward on anything right now.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-04-14 08:06 AM
    Hell, I know I do not represent the mass, but i'd pay a dollar for a well-made and supported app.
    I am thinking that same thing. I'd pay a dollar for an upgraded and polished app, but only if it is natively coded and well maintained (regular updates and bug fixes).

04-04-14 02:07 PM
    I think the CB10 app works great lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 02:44 AM
    I think the CB10 app works great lol.

Posted via CB10
    CB10 usually works fine but wouldn't you agree that it should have as many (or more) features than the CB android app?
    Check out the CB android app when you get a chance.
    04-05-14 09:06 AM
    CB10 usually works fine but wouldn't you agree that it should have as many (or more) features than the CB android app?
    Check out the CB android app when you get a chance.
    I've never used the Android version, which I'm not planning on using ever. But I agree with you. Whatever the level of the Android app is, the native app should be at least on par. I'd even go as far as to say that it should exceed the Android version.

I'm sure the CB team agrees with the statement. I wonder if they'll dedicate themselves to it or not. CB10 does a great job for me, I haven't checked the website for over a year. However, I do feel a lot of improvements can be implemented. Thinking of PM, notifications upon reactions on comments and an improved Search. Oh and I wish there was a way to leave a participated thread, but that is of a way lesser order than the rest.
    04-05-14 05:37 PM
    Oh and I wish there was a way to leave a participated thread, but that is of a way lesser order than the rest.
    Menu > Unsubscribe

Edit: Aha I see what you mean. I guess the above doesn't do that.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    04-05-14 06:54 PM
68 123