I posted a question on the BB Storm forum today on using a bluetooth for listening to media.
    No one answered for several hours. When I did a search for my name, and the title of the post in the search this forum it didn't show up.

When I search my name, it comes up with old posts not my newest.
    07-14-09 07:38 PM
    yep. same here.

That's why I always subscribe to forms I post in so I can find them easily. Plus, I get email notification of new posts/replies

I actually thought the search issue was something I was doing wrong. Glad to know that it wasn't!
    07-14-09 10:26 PM
    What was the title of the thread?

Also did you use a very descriptive title? As that will keep things most organized and useful no matter where the treads are (makes search work better) and makes it easier for people to locate things.
    07-16-09 08:59 AM
    It's happened to me on any thread that I've posted in or tried to follow. I'll use the exact same search terms, and the thread won't come up. I've especially had an issue with the thread titled "Text wont go through while on phone call" not coming up in search, unless I use it's exact title. That's why I've learned to subscribe now, because I can't remember exact titles. Does the search operate on keywords, or only exact title?
    07-16-09 02:07 PM
    That's why I try... but usually don't utilize the search function. I can't really seem to get relative results using the search engine for CB forums.

However, I was successful in one of many searches. It was a very specific and couldn't go wrong. I typed "Korean" to find threads regarding viewing/typing Korean characters on my BB. Other than that, most of my searches have been unsuccessful.

Hopefully it'll get better.

* Unless I'm not using it properly. *
    07-16-09 02:35 PM
    I typically Google. Helps with results a lot, especially with CB.

Now granted, you don't get every possible result that CB could offer, if you just use Google, but you don't get all the results with the current site search anyway so...
    Last edited by crackberrylover2012; 07-16-09 at 02:45 PM.
    07-16-09 02:42 PM
    What was the title of the thread?
    It was http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/lis...etooth-267153/

sometimes when I am trying to find a recent post and I remeber who posted it, I can find one of their osts, click on their username, and select "Find all posts by ..." That's how I quickly found Juan's bluetooth thread
    07-16-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD