Hello. I'm typing this on my PB since my new Encore will not let me. The kb just disappears every time. I can reply to quotes fine but I can't do a quick Quote as it does the same thing.

Is this an Encore issue or the forum?

Thanks
    01-07-14 12:34 PM
    Hello. I'm typing this on my PB since my new Encore will not let me. The kb just disappears every time. I can reply to quotes fine but I can't do a quick Quote as it does the same thing.

Thanks
    It is the same deal on wp central. Just would like to know if it is a Toshiba tablet issue, a win 8.1 tablet issue or a forum issue. Don't know where else to look.
    01-07-14 06:26 PM
    It is the same deal on wp central. Just would like to know if it is a Toshiba tablet issue, a win 8.1 tablet issue or a forum issue. Don't know where else to look.
    Ok was just on a windows forum and did not have this issue. Must be a mobile nations issue. Anyone even care around here?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-14 07:49 AM
    Ok was just on a windows forum and did not have this issue. Must be a mobile nations issue. Anyone even care around here?
    I guess if I had said playbook there would be some kind of response?
    01-08-14 02:37 PM
    Relax.

My guess is that there are not a pile of Encore win 8.1 users on the crackberry forums that can help.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 03:03 PM
    Is that an RT device or a full Windows 8.1 device?

If it's full Windows 8.1, not RT, have you tried another browser beside IE11?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    01-08-14 03:29 PM
    Relax.

My guess is that there are not a pile of Encore win 8.1 users on the crackberry forums that can help.

Posted via CB10
    Probably not but maybe other win tablet users. I just got the thing so I want to find out is it a win 8 tablet issue, an encore issue or a forum issue. Only so many days to return it.
    01-08-14 03:52 PM
    Is that an RT device or a full Windows 8.1 device?

If it's full Windows 8.1, not RT, have you tried another browser beside IE11?

It's win 8.1 not RT. But I am using the modern browse which is what I'd use on the go. Don't think there are too many alternatives. I've been on a couple of other forums though and haven't had that issue which makes think its a mobile nations issue.

I could live with it but it's a pain lol.
    01-08-14 03:57 PM
    It's win 8.1 not RT. But I am using the modern browse which is what I'd use on the go. Don't think there are too many alternatives. I've been on a couple of other forums though and haven't had that issue which makes think its a mobile nations issue.

No issue on the desktop browser but the desktop takes bringing up the kb by touching it and then closing it with the x. Also not real touch friendly.
    01-08-14 04:22 PM

Firefox Nightly has a metro version. I don't know if it's better on touchscreen. I have a traditional laptop, so I rarely use its touchscreen or any metro browsers.

kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 06:37 PM
    Firefox Nightly has a metro version. I don't know if it's better on touchscreen. I have a traditional laptop, so I rarely use its touchscreen or any metro browsers.

Thanks Laura I'll have to look that up.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-14 06:46 PM

Is that on the store? I don't see it.
    01-08-14 07:08 PM
    Is that on the store? I don't see it.
    You'll need to download and install in the desktop. Firefox for Windows 8 adds a touch of Metro style | ZDNet

Firefox Nightly Builds
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 11:48 PM
    I can tell you it is an issue with MoNa's forums, not your device. I did notify tech staff about this problem.
    Djlatino and kbz1960 like this.
    01-09-14 12:04 AM
    I can tell you it is an issue with MoNa's forums, not your device. I did notify tech staff about this problem.
    Thanks Laura. I guess this can be closed then.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-09-14 05:20 AM

Thanks
    Have you tried using the mobile template?... This seems to be a rare issue with select Windows devices, and the mobile template is a working solution.
    01-13-14 04:23 PM
    Have you tried using the mobile template?... This seems to be a rare issue with select Windows devices, and the mobile template is a working solution.
    Hi, thanks and no I haven't. For some reason sitting at home on my tablet I just don't see it being a mobile device even though it is mobile.

I don't care for mobile sites unless it's a little screen. I've learned some work arounds I guess I'll keep using. I'm getting better at it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-14 07:52 PM
    Hi, thanks and no I haven't. For some reason sitting at home on my tablet I just don't see it being a mobile device even though it is mobile.

I don't care for mobile sites unless it's a little screen. I've learned some work arounds I guess I'll keep using. I'm getting better at it.
    I can understand what you're saying. I wouldn't want to use a mobile site on a device that runs full Windows, not RT, either.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-14 12:16 PM
    For whatever reason IE seems to give us a lot of grief. We had one of our guys on tech pick up a Surface tablet the other day, so I'm hoping we'll be able to more effectively diagnose and fix these issues. Thanks for your patience!
    kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-16-14 09:08 AM
    For whatever reason IE seems to give us a lot of grief. We had one of our guys on tech pick up a Surface tablet the other day, so I'm hoping we'll be able to more effectively diagnose and fix these issues. Thanks for your patience!
    Thanks. Leave it to MS or BBRY to be the odd balls lol. The only thing I haven't found a work around for is starting a new thread. I don't do that too often so I can wait till I get on something else. Thanks for looking into it.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-16-14 at 09:46 AM. Reason: nee to new
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-14 09:46 AM