Hi, I just bought a BlackBerry Z10 charging dock through Crackberry and a few days later my TD Visa that I used was hacked for $224.00 from an unknown company in California, I hope this is a fluke and in no way a result of Crackberry sharing my info.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:36 PM
    Hi, I just bought a BlackBerry Z10 charging dock through Crackberry and a few days later my TD Visa that I used was hacked for $224.00 from an unknown company in California, I hope this is a fluke and in no way a result of Crackberry sharing my info.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't seem like it is, but I'll escalate this issue, so we can confirm it wasn't us
    07-12-13 07:32 PM
    I don't know exactly how it happened, maybe just a coincidence it was right after my purchase from your site. TD Fraud department is also looking into it. Thanks for your concern.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:06 PM
    I had two pre-paid VISA giftcards with fraudulent transactions on them for itunes, "steam" gaming software, and other attempts. The only common denominator for purchases between the two cards was crackberry.
    07-13-13 01:29 PM
    Hmm, disturbing.
    07-14-13 07:53 AM
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Am sending this over to our tech team to investigate.
    07-15-13 08:07 AM
    I really hope that CB isn't the cause....
    07-15-13 07:44 PM
    Also happened to me this past April, after purchasing items from the crackberry store (which was the only activity on the card for several months prior).
    Very sad to see this is still happening, I had a list of items I was considering purchasing.
    07-16-13 12:49 PM
    I know I used paypal to pay for my purchase through the store, and I never had a issue. Is this happening to Visa owners only? Is anyone else a MC user like myself?
    07-16-13 01:35 PM
    I know I used paypal to pay for my purchase through the store, and I never had a issue. Is this happening to Visa owners only? Is anyone else a MC user like myself?

Paypal is a good option when you don't trust the reseller to keep your card details secure.
    07-16-13 03:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure I've used a Visa in the past on other M|N site stores, not sure if I ever used my MC. The one time I know my number was compromised via online purchase (not by any M|N site) it happened to a whole bunch of us. A well known VW auto parts suppliers payment company got hacked, and it his a lot of people I knew.
    07-16-13 03:59 PM
    I buy prepaid visa cards from time to time for online purchases. The first time it happened to me was with a prepaid VISA gift card Verizon sent for renewing a FiOS contract. I had signed up for text alerts to be sent to my phone each time the card was used. It had all been normal (legitimate purchase/text alert) till there was around $60 left on the card. Then one day I got an alert that my VISA card had been approved for a transaction in the amount of $0.00 by "BB_Nonpro" or something to that effect. I didn't think anything of it -- figured it was just a fluke -- until a few days later I got another alert saying the card was charged $9.99 for something I never would have used it for: itunes. It was a Sunday, so I called the cardholder services and was told that department won't be in until Monday, so I quickly went online and applied the remaining balance to my Verizon home phone bill so the criminals couldn't benefit more. Well, these pieces of sh*t must have not realized it was a prepaid gift card, thought that it was a regular credit card which was maxxed out, and that funds would become available again if/when I made a payment, because they kept trying. For several weeks after I kept getting texts saying the card was declined in various amounts at various vendors. They tried itunes again, too, and it was declined. I even got the mysterious "approved" transaction text for $0.00 at "BB_Nonpro" again a couple of times and figured it must be some vendor that the criminals are able to run cards against to see if the cards will work. Initially I didn't suspect crackberry, because I had one other purchase I had made from another online vendor after the crackberry purchase, but then when it happened with yet another prepaid Visa card I purchased at the grocery store which had only crackberry in common with the first card, I figured it was too much of a coincidence.
    07-16-13 04:35 PM
    Initially I didn't suspect crackberry, because I had one other purchase I had made from another online vendor after the crackberry purchase, but then when it happened with yet another prepaid Visa card I purchased at the grocery store which had only crackberry in common with the first card, I figured it was too much of a coincidence.

This is disturbing.
    07-16-13 10:17 PM
    Did you use a computer or your Z10 to access the crackberry web-site?
    07-16-13 10:32 PM
    I use MC but the last time I bought something from Crackberry was May. It is safe till now.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:45 PM
    it happened to me as well for $257 from a place in california too!!! A female shoe store called Tory Burch!! Something if very fishy with this....
    07-16-13 10:59 PM
    My son's friend has a TD Visa. No CB purchases, but on line gaming. He has a $350 unauthorized charge on his card today.

From Zed to U via CB10
    07-16-13 11:02 PM
    RBC Visa here also was compromised this week

Last online purchase was thru my z10 on crackberry.com for the spare battery pack and 1.8 car charger
    About 2 months ago
    I usually use PayPal to buy online, but could not get it to work on the app. I later figured out that if I changed the app to open in browser Window that would have let me use PayPal

I did enter my visa number on the CB site and got an email back from phone security that they need a picture of my card

Everything appeared legit until this week when Visa called me that my card had been compromised.

Could all be a considence. Doesn't hurt to report it here.

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    07-16-13 11:07 PM
    Did you use a computer or your Z10 to access the crackberry web-site?
    I used my computer. I buy the cards almost every month for certain regular transactions. Crackberry is actually a rare purchase for me. I used the Verizon Visa that was compromised to buy my friend a battery for his Curve. I used the other Visa gift card to buy a replacement battery for my Bold. The two purchases, IIRC, were about 6 mos. apart.
    07-16-13 11:08 PM
    Sounds like someone got a backdoor to the payment system CB is using. Probably pishing the data base, now that ain't cool.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:12 PM
    Sounds like someone got a backdoor to the payment system CB is using. Probably pishing the data base, now that ain't cool.

Posted via CB10
    The realtime text notifications on the Verizon visa were great. I'd be interested to learn if anyone else has seen "BB_Nonpro" listed as a transaction on his card. Very strange, transactions approved in the amount of $0.00. Had to be some way of testing the credentials on the card.

My loss on the Verizon card was only $9.99 (the itunes transaction) which I did recoup. As much as I wanted to nail the criminal(s), I didn't use the cardholder system of recouping the money; that would have required a notarized affidavit of fraud, postage, and copying expenses that would have exceeded the $9.99 loss and taken like 45 days. Instead, I sent an email to Verizon legal counsel and cc'd cardholder service's legal counsel explaining what happened and saying something to the effect of, "Look, I don't expect you to do anything about this, I just want you to know what's going on with your cards in case it's someone at cardholder services." The next day I heard from some kind of Verizon executive services. Verizon credited my phone bill $20 which was very nice of it.

The other card that was compromised was a card I bought. I saw some transaction for a vendor I didn't recognize. (I forget the amount.) Cardholder services gave me the tel. number for the vendor and said I might get faster results from the vendor if I call and explain what happened. I left a message -- the recording said something like, "Thank you for calling Steam!" -- and I received a call back. Was told that the charge indeed looked fraudulent and that my card would be credited in about 6 days. (Interesting how the debits are always instant, but the credits take 6 days.) I asked the lady who called me what the he'll "Steam" is, and she said gaming software.

I can probably find this info, dates, transactions, etc. if I look around on my computer. I usually make screen shots of stuff like that just so I can remember certain details while they're relevant.
    07-16-13 11:44 PM
    Yes.
    07-17-13 08:12 AM
    Happened to me as well. Only online purchase with my visa was on crackberry and my card was compromised 2 days ago..

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:20 AM
    @All - had a chat w tech this morning on this and both our tech and store teams have assured me they're looking into this issue. This is serious and the issue is in more than capable hands. Will keep you updated on what they find, we all appreciate your patience and understanding!
    ATMJOE, Azensun and ukmight like this.
    07-17-13 08:53 AM
    @All - had a chat w tech this morning on this and both our tech and store teams have assured me they're looking into this issue. This is serious and the issue is in more than capable hands. Will keep you updated on what they find, we all appreciate your patience and understanding!
    Thank you. Look forward to the results; I hope it's as simple as patching up the back door security. I notice that the address for the store does not contain 'https.' However, once you click to 'proceed to checkout' , the address moves to 'https.'
    07-17-13 12:24 PM
46 12