Hi Team CrackBerry,

Some suggestions.
    1. Give the option to mark a post as 'solved' by OP so that while searching by somebody else, these 'solved' posts can give a clear guide.
    2. Though various sections AND tag option are given for each posts, people tend to post irrelevant post in different section. Regulate posting through a navigational selection route so that appropriate device, OS, app affecting the post are selected. Use the info while search queries are placed.
    3. Give a button to align or not to align with the views of OP so it can be used as a meter to the problem OP has posted. Say Contact App issue, Instead of replying or thanking or liking, one may click these button to express their views.

Thanks!
    Last edited by KingOfQwerty; 05-26-14 at 06:05 AM.
    05-26-14 05:53 AM
    Hi Team CrackBerry,

Some suggestions.
    1. Give the option to mark a post as 'solved' by OP so that while searching by somebody else, these 'solved' posts can give a clear guide.
    2. Though various sections AND tag option are given for each posts, people tend to post irrelevant post in different section. Regulate posting through a navigational selection route so that appropriate device, OS, app affecting the post are selected. Use the info while search queries are placed.
    3. Give a button to align or not to align with the views of OP so it can be used as a meter to the problem OP has posted. Say Contact App issue, Instead of replying or thanking or liking, one may click these button to express their views.

Thanks!
    REALLY like #1.
    05-26-14 06:25 AM
    I also like the solved option for the OP and also an option for the OP to close the thread once questions are answered.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 08:02 AM
    I also like the solved option for the OP and also an option for the OP to close the thread once questions are answered.

Posted via CB10
    The 'solved' or 'found resolution thing is something we have been looking into for a bit now. Not to say we're going to be implementing it but it is one of many things we're looking at. However, the OP closing the post thing might not work because as it now, things tend to get lost when a post is closed. We try NOT to close posts if we can. Good suggestions though.
    KingOfQwerty and eldricho like this.
    05-26-14 08:24 AM
    The 'solved' or 'found resolution thing is something we have been looking into for a bit now. Not to say we're going to be implementing it but it is one of many things we're looking at. However, the OP closing the post thing might not work because as it now, things tend to get lost when a post is closed. We try NOT to close posts if we can. Good suggestions though.
    Right. Just OP can tag the post as 'solved' but not the ability to close. That way if it is solved, experts need not to post further but a member with similar problem can look in to this first.
    05-26-14 09:03 AM
    On number 2, this is where the mods come in we often move posts to the appropriate forum. We would much rather be doing stuff like this than giving out infractions, believe me!
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    05-26-14 09:29 AM
    I agree, it allows others to comment on 4 year old dead threads adding an amazing amount of benefit to the thread and I am sure the OP is eternally grateful.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    05-26-14 09:58 AM
    I have one to add: How about a View Similar Threads Button when a newcomer is composing a new topic on Something that already exists. Example) my BB10 led flashes red and turns off' This is a common issue and often times people who don't want to take the time to search for the answer just make a new topic. It is not necessary. Please give a way to Show thread results to the Newcomer before they add a new (similar) topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-26-14 11:52 AM
    I have one to add: How about a View Similar Threads Button when a newcomer is composing a new topic on Something that already exists. Example) my BB10 led flashes red and turns off' This is a common issue and often times people who don't want to take the time to search for the answer just make a new topic. It is not necessary. Please give a way to Show thread results to the Newcomer before they add a new (similar) topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Actually that DOES happen has you are typing your thread title, the system suggests similar existing threads to you. Perhaps it could be made a bit more prominent or published more. Might be time for a blog on that feature, or an Ambassador Guide, or creating thread titles, or something along those lines.
    05-26-14 12:01 PM
    Ability to mark threads as "solved" would be an awesome addition to CB!
    05-26-14 12:05 PM
    I agree, it allows others to comment on 4 year old dead threads adding an amazing amount of benefit to the thread and I am sure the OP is eternally grateful.
    Lol. That too, but it keeps them in search. Closed threads don't turn up in searches as often so what if someone has the issue, there's a fix for it... and they can't find it because its been closed? They'll create another thread for something that's already been resolved, they just can't find it. But of course, one could say no one searches anyway.
    05-26-14 02:13 PM
    We already know the ones that don't search, they are the ones creating duplicate threads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    05-28-14 10:25 PM
    We already know the ones that don't search, they are the ones creating duplicate threads.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    That's where my point #2 comes. Because the search tools isn't prominent, members put duplicate threads.

Instead while posting itself, provide a well defined route like, device-OS-apps/hardware-issues/opinions etc to first display already available threads taking the inputs as a search query AND let user create if he want one again noting the route for future search queries.
    05-29-14 12:54 AM