If a high quality app lands on our platform and can be enjoyed only in the US, CrackBerry shouldn't even promote the title. The world doesn't revolve around the United States.
    06-29-13 08:06 PM
    If a app is good, it'll be reported on. They have reported a ton of UK only apps as well, no just US/CAD/NA
    angieberry10, Barljo and CMcRob like this.
    06-29-13 08:17 PM
    If a high quality app lands on our platform and can be enjoyed only in the US, CrackBerry shouldn't even promote the title. The world doesn't revolve around the United States.
    You're right, it doesn't and neither does our readership. That's why we report on all apps of significance no matter what their regions are. I'm Canadian, and I see plenty of apps I can't use on a daily basis from every platform. That's no reason to stop reporting on them though. Plus, there is ways around region based apps.
    06-29-13 08:18 PM
    I respectfully disagree. For one thing, they don't only report on regional apps that are only available for US customers. They have also reported about regional apps that are only available for UK or Canadian customers. I haven't seen a single complaint from a US customer when that happened. As long as the entire industry of games, music, books, movies, tv shows and tv channels has not caught up yet and are dealing with georestrictions due to copyright and licensing, we will have to deal with apps that are only available to a certain section of the world.

I'm glad CrackBerry does still report on these apps. A lot of people within the specified region might be unaware if CrackBerry didn't report on them. Apart from that it also gives us, the people in other regions, the opportunity to become aware, make ourselves heard and put in a request with the developer or content owner to consider a wider audience. It shows them there is a wider interest than they might have considered before. Overall, I hope CrackBerry continues on reporting on all these apps.
    CMcRob likes this.
    06-29-13 08:18 PM
    It would be better for BlackBerry to let CrackBerry subscribers discover regional apps on their own. Less global end user dissatisfaction that way.
    06-29-13 08:20 PM
    It would be better for BlackBerry to let CrackBerry subscribers discover regional apps on their own. Less global end user dissatisfaction that way.
    I don't quite understand why this would be a good idea. CrackBerry is a global community, what would be next? There are blog posts about device releases in different regions, or posts about OS updates on specific carriers. Should those not be posted either? By the same logic if something is only available on the Z10 should it not be posted as it doesn't apply to Q10 users?

But hey I see a positive here, if this is your biggest complaint about CB then we are doing pretty good
    06-29-13 10:18 PM
    Newsworthy apps make the news, regardless of location. If you feel there's an app that deserves a write-up, let us know!
    07-01-13 08:56 AM
    Newsworthy apps make the news, regardless of location. If you feel there's an app that deserves a write-up, let us know!
    What is the best way to do that?
    07-03-13 08:34 PM
    What is the best way to do that?
    Send Us Your News Tips | CrackBerry.com
    James Falconer likes this.
    07-04-13 08:19 AM
    Birdman38, you may come to the US someday. It would be nice for you to know what is available.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 02:31 PM