I have been on this site for years before I became a member and what made me become a member was Kevin's positive spin on BB and showing how the devices are not just a fad. I live in NYC where in the corporate world is still two phones for the most part outside of the corporate world the trend nowadays is the bigger the better i.e. the note or what I just seen yesterday the Samsung smart watch. I don�t get why a worker in a supermarket would need a smart watch but I am not one to judge.

I have no problem with the way Adam and Blaze amongst others trying to pick up the slack on the site and I really enjoy reading Chris market breakdowns in regards to Blackberry. But at this point it's starting to remind me of the 90's Bull's without Jordan sure they could contend but they was missing the soul that glued them all together. In hindsight you didn�t have as much negative post from members when Kevin was doing his weekly editorials, active in forums and podcasts because people felt a connection and believe in the brand more so through that connection.

I really don�t give a damn about APPS and have a short attn span for them but the mass do, the Kevin I got the perception of would've spearheaded a petition showing BB and developers alike how much APPS are wanted. Before anyone says this was done in some shape or form I am aware but my point is only that people associate Brands for the most part with people and needless to say the BB brand and Kevin go hand and hand. With Kevin as of late fading more and more away from crackberry as far as on the frontline scene the site for the most part feels like it's a disassociation rather than a vehicle for building up the brand and supporting it.

The reason I even keep a BB is because it�s the phone for me. I am on crackberry and join crackberry to share in the gratitude for the company as well as share my views with others alike. I don�t need to constantly read the brand is doom or on it�s last days or why should I keep a BB. If one feels that way go about your way don�t broadcast. At the same time I believe the reason for all these broadcasts are simple, they want to feel connect to the brand and this site again. In the end everyone has to make there own personal choice but when it comes to brands that are soulless we often time look for people to put a soul into the brand which is what Kevin has done for so many years it�s just now it feels this site soul has disappeared in my opinion.

Feel free to rip this rant apart�But I for one miss the soul of the site..
    12-19-13 02:14 PM
    The soul of the site was when BlackBerry was the most popular smartphone in the world.

Now it's a basic argument between those that are realist and those that are still fanatical about BlackBerry. There really isn't much to talk about these days, especially with the leaks drying up.

I'm thinking Kevin has "other" priorities in his life these days (nerd + real girl = lifestyle change), and I'm not sure what he can add without getting burned at the stake like Chris has. It's hard to be positive and truthful.
    jason9900 likes this.
    12-19-13 02:35 PM
    I answered another thread much the same yesterday. He just did a blog about channels 2-3 days ago, and we got a *echem* lovely view of his hind side too.

http://crackberry.com/bbm-channels-h...yoga-pants-too
    Barljo likes this.
    12-19-13 02:46 PM
    It's not about being real or not but more so noone can really say what's wrong with the phone outside of APPS or BB doesnt have APPS. I have a q10 the battery is good, the camara is good I the signal is and will always be base on service provider. I've done only one battery pull in the months I've had it. There's a tradeoff to everything, even with Apple there will away be a trade off but to doom a new Mobile OS without really giving it a chance (which BB is majority the blame on this) which much of the comments I've read on here states is absurd. I mean really do people only want two mobile platforms?
    12-19-13 02:54 PM
    I agree with scalemaster. Most BB news over the last (at least) 6 months has been negative. That's not just an opinion, it's fact. Some people want Kevin to come in and tell them that all those reports are wrong and that BB is going to be fine and that none of it will ever have an impact on them personally. That's just not realistic.

Kevin has a role, which is providing leadership on BB's main fan/information/discussion website. He does that, and does it well. But his role is NOT running BlackBerry, so he can't be held accountable for BB's sins, nor is his job to play fanatical cult leader/messiah who will single-handedly save the universe.

The situation is what it is. Keven did just about everything he could to prevent it, but even his impact was limited. To expect any more from him is to have unrealistic expectations.

He and his wife just moved to France, where she'll be staying for (school?) a year, while he comes home alone after a couple of months. He's got to get in a lot of "family time" before he leaves, and so maybe he isn't here quite as often, but I'm sure his presence will pick up a lot once he gets back home. Even then, though, I wouldn't expect everything to be rainbows and unicorns when he does; BB is in such a dire situation that the company's very survival is definitely in question, and assuming they do survive at all, they're going to do so as a VERY different company than you're used to seeing. Keven can't help that, and he's not going to lie and tell you that nothing is going to change.
    12-19-13 02:59 PM
    12-19-13 02:59 PM
    It's not about being real or not but more so noone can really say what's wrong with the phone outside of APPS or BB doesnt have APPS. I have a q10 the battery is good, the camara is good I the signal is and will always be base on service provider. I've done only one battery pull in the months I've had it. There's a tradeoff to everything, even with Apple there will away be a trade off but to doom a new Mobile OS without really giving it a chance (which BB is majority the blame on this) which much of the comments I've read on here states is absurd. I mean really do people only want two mobile platforms?
    Only two? No. That's why WP8 is beginning to thrive. People will give competitive products a chance. I think the average smartphone buyer doesn't just buy hardware anymore. They buy entire ecosystems.

Saying that apps is the only reason BB10 can't keep up with the competition is like saying an engine is the only reason a horse buggy doesn't outdo a Ferrari. It's arguably THE reason.
    12-19-13 03:01 PM
    I miss the old Kevin. Mobile nations Kevin isn't as fun

Sent from my Z30
    12-19-13 03:02 PM
    I miss the old Kevin. Mobile nations Kevin isn't as fun

Sent from my Z30
    Awww. How can you say that? I've done way more dumb fun things as Mobile Nations Kevin than when I was just only CrackBerry Kevin...

The dumbest things CrackBerry Kevin did this year | CrackBerry.com
    pkcable, kbz1960 and eddy_berry like this.
    12-19-13 08:06 PM
    Kevin, do you have a built-in Kevin filter or something lol

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    12-19-13 08:10 PM
    @roderick ....

A) Read this post - http://forums.crackberry.com/general...9/#post9342351

I posted a fairly indepth explanation there which also applies to this thread. Long story short... first of of 2013 I was fully dedicated to CB and shirked my other duties. Back half of 2013 I have to make up for that - lots of things to do and they have to get done.

Still lots of passion though. And if you REALLY pay attention to the site you'll see that I'm still here. I'm active in the comments on the blogs even on articles I don't write. Been actually more active the last couple of weeks than I have been in a while. Also on twitter, etc.

So the SOUL is not missing. You're just not paying close enough attention. Those who follow closely -- as pointed above -- do know.

Also, podcast tomorrow morning after the earnings call. Right after earnings I have to jump on CNBC.
    BigBadWulf, Barljo and southlander like this.
    12-19-13 08:11 PM
    I agree with scalemaster. Most BB news over the last (at least) 6 months has been negative. That's not just an opinion, it's fact. Some people want Kevin to come in and tell them that all those reports are wrong and that BB is going to be fine and that none of it will ever have an impact on them personally. That's just not realistic.

Kevin has a role, which is providing leadership on BB's main fan/information/discussion website. He does that, and does it well. But his role is NOT running BlackBerry, so he can't be held accountable for BB's sins, nor is his job to play fanatical cult leader/messiah who will single-handedly save the universe.

The situation is what it is. Keven did just about everything he could to prevent it, but even his impact was limited. To expect any more from him is to have unrealistic expectations.

He and his wife just moved to France, where she'll be staying for (school?) a year, while he comes home alone after a couple of months. He's got to get in a lot of "family time" before he leaves, and so maybe he isn't here quite as often, but I'm sure his presence will pick up a lot once he gets back home. Even then, though, I wouldn't expect everything to be rainbows and unicorns when he does; BB is in such a dire situation that the company's very survival is definitely in question, and assuming they do survive at all, they're going to do so as a VERY different company than you're used to seeing. Keven can't help that, and he's not going to lie and tell you that nothing is going to change.
    Great post! Thanks for that. I'll just correct that technically I'm engaged and not yet married (though we've been engaged for a year and a half and haven't set a wedding date... Lol. Also, I didn't move to France. I was just there for a month. I abandoned my financ�e there now while she's studying, and I'm back home working!
    Troy Tiscareno and kbz1960 like this.
    12-19-13 08:12 PM
    Kevin, do you have a built-in Kevin filter or something lol

Posted via CB10
    Better than a filter. I've got people.

AND... I also have the CB10 app.

That's just it folks.... even when I'm a little less active on blogging, I'm still always here. Remember that. I'm like Santa Claus... I know who's naughty and nice. Kinda jolly too. Just don't want to look like him.
    eldricho, kbz1960, pkcable and 1 others like this.
    12-19-13 08:14 PM
    If Kevin the soul of the site, I shotty being the soul of the forums.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    12-19-13 08:17 PM
    Kevin, can you please PM me, I have some very important matters to disguise with you which I would rather not do publicly.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:51 PM
    Send me an email.. kevin @ crackberry.com. I often miss PMs. Too many. Once we get them built into the CB10 app I'll be quicker to reply. Make the email subject KEVIN HAS NO SOUL and I'll be sure to read it
    12-19-13 09:02 PM
    OH YES. That reminds me. I have been working on making some horcruxes lately... maybe the OP's observation is tied to me splitting my soul onto multiple objects.

..... :O
    12-19-13 09:03 PM
    Don't you have to kill people to make horcruxes?

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-19-13 09:06 PM
    The Mods, Ambassadors, and members are soul of the forum!
    12-19-13 09:42 PM
    The problem is people responding to negative threads. If the thread has a negative title why bother continuously bumping it. Stop promoting the negative threads.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 09:50 PM
    WOW I get home from playing a basketball game and this thread has become even more interesting. Kevin, I wasnt attacking your commitment or anything of sorts, its just I felt that without you being the I dunno Crackberry Kevin that I was used to seeing all over the site there was a disconnection with members of the site. I used to read alot of threads on here but I stop because the negative began to out way the positive. So I guess I didn't see your comments on various topics. I have no problem owning up to that oversight on my part.

I do believe you are the soul of this site but I also realize the other duties that you have on you plate now and have nothing but respect and wish you the best, sorry for the oversight on my part...

OH YES. That reminds me. I have been working on making some horcruxes lately... maybe the OP's observation is tied to me splitting my soul onto multiple objects.

..... :O
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    12-19-13 10:14 PM
    The Mods, Ambassadors, and members are soul of the forum!
    Keep telling yourself that bubba.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:32 PM
    Also.... I think this post may have inspired me to do something stupid.... stay tuned! Gotta do a lot of dumb things next year if I want to top 2013. A soulful video seems like a good idea though.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-19-13 10:55 PM
    Also.... I think this post may have inspired me to do something stupid.... stay tuned! Gotta do a lot of dumb things next year if I want to top 2013. A soulful video seems like a good idea though.
    Don't do anything until I email you.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:57 PM
    Glad to see such active responses, not just from Kevin but the others too. Normal discussion still exist on the forum (*cheers*)!
    I just came here for the funny auto-correct/typo:
    .. I didn't move to France. I was just there for a month. I abandoned my finance there now while she's studying, and I'm back home working!..
    Now, I know you were trying to say fiance. But when I think about it leaving a woman alone in France will probably affect your finances as well.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    pkcable and CrackBerry Kevin like this.
    12-19-13 11:15 PM
27 12