View Poll Results: Should Phil be Fired?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, He's Entitled to His Opinion

17 37.78%
  • Yes, he crossed the line!

11 24.44%
  • Other Punishment

3 6.67%
  • Who's Phil?

14 31.11%
    in light of his seemingly unprofessional behavior, should he remain onboard the Mobile Nations staff???

i tried to add a poll to this, can't get it figured out so:

1-yes
    2-no
    3-disciplined/probation
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 11-25-13 at 03:46 PM.
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    11-25-13 03:31 PM
    It was an opinion piece for peats sake! You might not agree with him but he's entitled to his opinion!
    11-25-13 03:34 PM
    i agree he's entitled allowed his opinion , but did he have to get *that* nasty about it,,, $*&(@%&@$(*??? not necessary,, he's supposed to be a pillar in "The Nations"...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 11-26-13 at 04:08 PM.
    pbeasley likes this.
    11-25-13 03:36 PM
    Good grief. No. You should probably read some of Phil's response from this thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-begin-877493/
    11-25-13 03:38 PM
    #wheres my popcorn, oh here it is#
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    11-25-13 03:43 PM
    Good grief. No. You should probably read some of Phil's response from this thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-begin-877493/
    yeah, doin' that now...
    11-25-13 03:45 PM
    Omg someone said something about BlackBerry that wasn't positive.

they need to be fired! Hung at the cross for their vile words.

Man get over it, as others have said, they're allowed their opinion, just like you are yours on the situation

Sent from my Red Nokia Lumia 920
    MERCDROID likes this.
    11-25-13 03:45 PM
    It was an opinion piece for peats sake! You might not agree with him but he's entitled to his opinion!
    Well said.

At some point, we will run out of targets that become targets because of differing opinion. BGR, CNET, The Verge, Kevin M, Daniel Rubio, Nickinson, Marissa Mayer... the constant head hunting makes one dizzy.

An opinion cannot and should not affect my use of a freakin' piece of technology.

The day Phil throws a rock at one of my kids, I'll be on board. Till then, I'm okay with someone not liking my device choices. Really, really okay.
    11-25-13 03:46 PM
    Omg someone said something about BlackBerry that wasn't positive.

they need to be fired! Hung at the cross for their vile words.

Man get over it, as others have said, they're allowed their opinion, just like you are yours on the situation

Sent from my Red Nokia Lumia 920
    it's not about whether it be pos or neg,,, it's about conducting yourself like most of the others here in a position do,,, from what i've read, quite a few people are upset w/ the way he presented his opinion,,, even my reply to KS was edited for using an acronymated version of what he said...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 11-25-13 at 08:16 PM.
    11-25-13 03:51 PM
    Being a fan of a particular mobile device isn't a protected class like race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. You aren't entitled to protection from your hurt feelings because someone dissed your smartphone.
    MERCDROID and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    11-25-13 04:10 PM
    wow. The Crackberry community has become so messed up now. Might as well say "Fire anyone who disses my smartphone"
    11-25-13 04:12 PM
    I don't think he should fired at all. It is piracy and he has his take on it. But two things I personally note about the piece:

1. Calling the kettle black. Not really a good idea for a site that allows a plethora of information spreading about sideloading, roms, software sharing, loading things on devices it was not made for, etc on it to be calling out others about pirating. He included a small disclaimer saying " we're not exactly turning a blind eye toward piracy on Android proper, either, folks." I don't think that little statement clears the slate of everything going on at that site though. We pirate, they pirate, and neither site should be calling the other platform out like this. I can't remember seeing CrackBerry write a piece condemning the sideload of the BBM apk and calling those who do a name.

2. The swearing in the article is really unprofessional and I thought that mobile nations had a higher standard then that.

Here's one example of just one quick thing I found that Android Central likes to give its approval on:

"Remember if you try this one out that it's completely unauthorized, and you're probably breaking at least one licensing agreement with a company that has your name and credit card number. If you're not deterred, hit the source link and give it a try"

Doesn't sound legal to me, and providing a link is definitely promoting it.

That is called swift rebuke, Jerry.

Unauthorized Netflix app now working on Android [update -- not any longer] | Android Central
    11-25-13 05:20 PM
    I don't think he should fired at all. It is piracy and he has his take on it. But two things I personally note about the piece:

1. Calling the kettle black. Not really a good idea for a site that allows a plethora of information spreading about sideloading, roms, software sharing, loading things on devices it was not made for, etc on it to be calling out others about pirating. He included a small disclaimer saying " we're not exactly turning a blind eye toward piracy on Android proper, either, folks." I don't think that little statement clears the slate of everything going on at that site though. We pirate, they pirate, and neither site should be calling the other platform out like this. I can't remember seeing CrackBerry write a piece condemning the sideload of the BBM apk and calling those who do a name.

2. The swearing in the article is really unprofessional and I thought that mobile nations had a higher standard then that.

Here's one example of just one quick thing I found that Android Central likes to give its approval on:

"Remember if you try this one out that it's completely unauthorized, and you're probably breaking at least one licensing agreement with a company that has your name and credit card number. If you're not deterred, hit the source link and give it a try"

Doesn't sound legal to me, and providing a link is definitely promoting it.

That is called swift rebuke, Jerry.

Unauthorized Netflix app now working on Android [update -- not any longer] | Android Central
    my point,,, thanks for reading past the title...
    11-25-13 08:00 PM
    Being a fan of a particular mobile device isn't a protected class like race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. You aren't entitled to protection from your hurt feelings because someone dissed your smartphone.
    wow. The Crackberry community has become so messed up now. Might as well say "Fire anyone who disses my smartphone"
    had you read thru the thread, you'd see i said it was about conduct, not the phone,,, if someone has a problem w/ what phone i use, & how i use it, they need to get out more...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-25-13 08:03 PM
    had you read thru the thread, you'd see i said it was about conduct, not the phone,,, if someone has a problem w/ what phone i use, & how i use it, they need to get out more...
    So what standard of professional conduct do you expect from a blogger? Most of their articles are written in their underwear.
    11-25-13 08:06 PM
    Might as well take Rob Ford from his position too then, don't ya think?
    Phil didn't commit a felony or something, he doesn't need to get fired. If he needs to get fired for that, there would be a lot of people I know that would be without a job today

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:31 PM
    Everybody has an opinion and phil's is a legit one. OP needs to relaxxxxxxx
    11-25-13 08:33 PM
    No, he should go directly to jail!!!

Fired from my Z10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-25-13 08:57 PM
    As per your request I added a poll.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-25-13 11:00 PM
    Everybody has an opinion and phil's is a legit one. OP needs to relaxxxxxxx
    I wouldn't call it "legit". It's disingenuous to blast BlackBerry over a device that relatively few own and where only a tiny fraction of THOSE owners have installed the leaked OS.

SEAWARRIOR and Mecca EL like this.
    11-25-13 11:06 PM
    How about mild punishment such as being required to use nothing but the Casio Commando for one month ;-)
    pkcable, SEAWARRIOR and Mecca EL like this.
    11-25-13 11:33 PM
    Hahaha he's getting torn a new one in that other thread. Back pedaling so hard.

Playing the nice guy, explaining himself and being so open and understanding? Try reading that thread and having the podcast playing in the background and you'll know how much manure he's shoveling.

Fired from my Z10
    Last edited by VR6; 11-26-13 at 04:02 AM.
    11-26-13 03:42 AM
    As per your request I added a poll.
    'preciate that...
    11-26-13 07:49 AM
    I wouldn't call it "legit". It's disingenuous to blast BlackBerry over a device that relatively few own and where only a tiny fraction of THOSE owners have installed the leaked OS.

damn TB,,, never thought i'd say this to you, but, you're right,,, thanks for "gettin' it"...
    11-26-13 07:51 AM
    Hahaha he's getting torn a new one in that other thread. Back pedaling so hard.

Playing the nice guy, explaining himself and being so open and understanding? Try reading that thread and having the podcast playing in the background and you'll know how much manure he's shoveling.

Fired from my Z10
    YYYUP!!! i noticed he softened his tone,,, maybe he got a good finger-shakin' behind closed doors,,, if so,,, well done...
    11-26-13 07:52 AM
130 123 ...