Hello everyone! As some of you may or may not know Im a fairly new member to Crackberry, and the BB community as a whole as this is the first black berry I have ever owned ( and I must say prob the best Smart phone I have ever purchased thus far).

Prior to crackberry I have never belonged to any other forum so I have never dealt with some of the horror story's I've heard from other members in regards to how members of other boards treat each other... since the day I stumbled across Crackberry, the week I purchased my new best friend...I have been enlighted by many smart, courteous, and very friendly people...I quickly noticed that the crackberry community was like a well made Machine... Stong & powerfull, helpfull in many ways, and most importantly every piece in the machine played a big role in the community whether it be the moderators for moderating, and giving great info... Kevin doing a great job providing us with the latest BB news ( kudos to you Kevin for doin a great job day in and day out), and the members always creating interesting,fun, and helpfull threads, answering questions etc...I became proud of considering myself a part of the Crackberry family

In the little time I have had the priveledge of being a member of the crackberry community I have laughed, made new friends, and learned so much about BB that I can proudly say I make many of my local CSR reps at verizon/att/& TMO look like pre-schoolers when it comes to blackberry knowledge...

One thing I have always valued about the crackberry community is that the word of its members always held weight... you know it truly mattered, and recently im noticing things that are starting to make me feel differently...Im sure to some they may be somthing very miniscule, and un-important but to others its truthfully the small & minor things that make us happy...with this being said I would like to ask the moderators and those more seasoned then me several question as maybe they can explain to me how several things work... First thing is how do stickys work?? How do you, as moderators categorize somthing worthy of the "sticky" stamp??

Do you just place a sticky on what ever YOU feel is important as a moderator or do you take the communitys imput into consideration??
    Do you just place a sticky when somthing is asked over, and over again to avoid this question from continuing to get asked?? For Ex. " why is my phone deleting my call logs and messages"

Also if somthing was previously classified as a sticky, then what makes it loose its stickyness... what makes a moderator suddenly change their mind and Un-sticky somthing?? For Ex. " what does your screen look like" & share your favorite wall papers"?

I can't speak for everyone as its not my place but I can say that lately I feel like our voices as crackonians are not being heard... I feel like certain threads like the 2 mentioned above should have never been stripped of their "sticky" classification, I feel that these threads have alot more traffic, and alot more posts then alot of threads on this forums that are considered stickys ( i can actually think of 2 right now off the top of my head that were created this morning that didnt even have 1 post and were already classified stickys)... these threads are visited and posted on constanly...And yes. I understand that these threads may not be about "how to restore memory", or the constant battle between the IPhone & BB Bold...But these are still threads that we love to post on... and honestly if im wrong and out of line by saying that the stickys were removed for no reason then prove me wrong...atleast explain why they have been unsticky'd...Atleast then I will be able to validate to myself why I should just deal with searching for it every single time I want to post or share a wallpaper (as we all know its not a walk in the park finding these threads)

Anyways I hope no misinterprets my comment as this post is not personal against anyone.... everything stated in my post is IMO and how I feel about the matter... I hope that some light can be shed on this and made easier for me to understand the reasoning behind how these things work!

I wish you all the best and Crack-ON!
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 06-12-08 at 10:26 AM.
    06-12-08 10:16 AM
    We did indeed do a bit of "house cleaning" in the past few days. We took a spin through the forums and saw a lot of old stickies (some from over a year ago even) that we really didn't think needed to be stuck. Its not that we don't find the threads important, just that we like to keep the forums clean and only have the really important threads stuck. We have nothing against anyone or their posts, we just do our jobs as we see fit. Stickies are based on what we (as moderators) as well as the forum community see fit. Helpful threads, newest info, common problems etc. Truth is, if the threads we unstuck are truly that popular, they will keep getting bumped to the top anyway, and if we hear about it, we can always stick them back if the community so desires. So all in all, we have no problems with any of it, just wanted to keep things tidy.
    06-12-08 10:31 AM
    Wow. Good Post. And I thought I was the only one who likes to write out novels!

There's no HARD rule on Stickies. When it comes to yesterday's slight clean up of stickies, that came at my request to the moderation team. Basically, certain forums had a ton of stickies (like 15) and some of them to me seemed non-current or not really that important anymore. Also, there were others that I felt should be moved into the BB Tips, FAQ & How To forum. That particular forum is basically ALL STICKIES in my opinion. Anything of real big importance should likely make it's way into there, which means less Stickies in other forums.

As for the means of getting things Stickied - I'd say you've sort of nailed it. Some times members request it be stickied, other times moderators will just sticky a thread that appears to be of importance. I'd just say best judgement is used at all times. If you feel a thread got unstickied that should of have been stickied or vice versa you can just PM a moderator or leave a message on a thread and they should be able to find it.

Basically comes down to we just want stickied what's important to every new user entering into that forum for the first time. This is slightly different that "popular". As popular threads get bumped to the top every time they are posted on, so they don't necessarily need to be stickied, as they will always be easy to find in the forums as people are always posting on them.

Hope that helps. I appreciate the patience. We're all just doing our best around here!

Keep Crack'n!
    06-12-08 10:38 AM
    We did indeed do a bit of "house cleaning" in the past few days. We took a spin through the forums and saw a lot of old stickies (some from over a year ago even) that we really didn't think needed to be stuck. Its not that we don't find the threads important, just that we like to keep the forums clean and only have the really important threads stuck. We have nothing against anyone or their posts, we just do our jobs as we see fit. Stickies are based on what we (as moderators) as well as the forum community see fit. Helpful threads, newest info, common problems etc. Truth is, if the threads we unstuck are truly that popular, they will keep getting bumped to the top anyway, and if we hear about it, we can always stick them back if the community so desires. So all in all, we have no problems with any of it, just wanted to keep things tidy.
    Thankyou Azeis for your prompt response again I am a new member to not only crackberry/ and the blackberry community but to forums as well and stickys are a new concept to me so I was never too familiar on how they work or how they are considered valuable enough to be a sticky... so i figured i would speak out my concerns for them to be answered as i have been visiting this site daily since i became a member and I just did not understand why these threads had been "cleaned" as you mentioned...

I will be the first to say that if at all possible I would love it if these threads we re-sticky'd as I feel they are threads alot of us greatly enjoy posting on and visit on a regular, as well as there is alot of good sharing going on in these threads and I think it would be unfair to the newer members to not be able to benefit from these threads if they werent readily available... again i thank you for you quick response and explanation and truly hope you can make these sticky's again!

Thanks!
    06-12-08 10:42 AM
    We're all just doing our best around here!
    And it shows. With this much growth so fast, it can't be easy to keep up and keep things fresh, useful, and easy to navigate. With so much info, tips, and news/rumors, I think you, the mods, and members alike all do a great job.
    06-12-08 10:43 AM
    realestatepro...as the commercials say...dude!?
    06-12-08 10:46 AM
    Wow. Good Post. And I thought I was the only one who like to write out novels!

There's no HARD rule on Stickies. When it comes to yesterday's slight clean up of stickies, that came at my request to the moderation team. Basically, certain forums had a ton of stickies (like 15) and some of them to me seemed non-current or not really that important anymore. Also, there were others that If elt should be moved into the BB Tips, FAQ & How To forum. That particular forum is basically ALL STICKIES in my opinion. Anything of real big importance should likely make it's way into there, which means less Stickies in other forums.

As for the means of getting things Stickied - I'd say you've sort of nailed it. Some times members request it be stickied, other times moderators will just a thread is of importance. I'd just say best judgement is used at all times. If you feel a thread got unstickied that should of have been stickied or vice versa you can just PM a moderator or leave a message on a thread and they should be able to find it.

Basically comes down to we just want stickied what's important to every new user entering into that forum for the first time. This is slightly different that "popular". As popular threads get bumped to the top every time they are posted on, so they don't necessarily need to be stickied, as they will always be easy to find in the forums as people are always posting on them.

Hope that helps. I appreciate the patience. We're all just doing our best around here!

Keep Crack'n!

Thanks for the great explanation as well Kevin! like I mentioned before this is my first forum i have ever been a member of so this is still all quite new to me so i do appreciate your patience and all the great explanations! and yes i guess we both share the novel writing gene! LOL By the way Keep up the awesome work...Crackberry is one of my favorite sites since i stumbled across it ... as you can see im faily close to 400 post and dont think ive been a member for even a month yet!

Thanks again!
    06-12-08 10:47 AM
    Nicely written post! To the point, direct, yet not rude...
    06-12-08 10:51 AM
    I have to say, I have been a member of many forums even at work we have them. None of them can hold a candle to this one. As fast as it has blown up, most of everyone here actually cares about what is said and goes on. Even if you post something that has a wrong answer I have not seen anyone get out of control(no fingerpointing or name calling). We have a great family here and I am very proud to be a part of this community. I must hand it to the ones in charge you put a lot of time and effort into this. To the rest of you I am glad to see everyone here has respect for others and leave their differences behind. Truly Worldclass. Thanks to everyone.
    06-12-08 10:54 AM
    Nicely written post! To the point, direct, yet not rude...
    Thanks Navi! It was never my intention to be rude & im glad it wasnt interpreted that way... I love crackberry, and appreciate all its member and moderators which make this site IMO amazing I was just curious as to how this works, so who better to answer my question then those who know it best! keep up the great work guys!
    06-12-08 10:55 AM
    I totally agree that this is the best forum environment that I have seen....I learn something new here everyday, and sometimes get to share something that I learned!
    06-12-08 11:04 AM
    MMMMMMMMMM .............Nice information.
    06-12-08 11:35 AM
    I frequently use WAP to browse the site, skipping over pages of stickies is just part of the WAP experience.

Each forum deserves it's own unique stickies, the latest device OS links are well worth sticking and replacing as the status changes.
    06-12-08 12:38 PM
    im with realestate pro
    ive never been part of any forum for anything but i just feel at home here
    some stickys need to stay and some have to go, thats the way it is
    im sure kevin and the mod team take each sticky into serious consideration as to sticky them or unsticky them
    06-12-08 02:02 PM
    Re-sticky share your favorite wallpapers! Anyone else with me?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 02:18 PM
    I vote to return the two stickies removed if ne one cares. Lol

06-12-08 02:19 PM
    Re-sticky share your favorite wallpapers! Anyone else with me?!?

<<< this guy right here is with ya and "what does your screen look Like" that one needs re-stickying also those are my 2 favs...
    06-12-08 02:19 PM
    Ok you guys win .. they have been restuck - or restickied - or um .. stuck again
    06-12-08 02:50 PM
    Ummm.... rehab for the lot of you!!
    06-12-08 02:59 PM
    Ok you guys win .. they have been restuck - or restickied - or um .. stuck again
    Yayyyy Azeis!!!
    06-12-08 03:17 PM
    Thank You! We are back people! AntiAndy will be happy I know that...
    06-12-08 03:30 PM
    RE Pro, I just read through this entire thread and first of all, very well written and tactful post. Kudos to you.

The fact that not one, not two but three mods responded with input shows how responsive the CB team is to the concerns of it's members and I for one truly appreciate that.

Most importantly, recognizing that what is important to the membership may not always square with what they, the mods think, and going with the members opinions, wishes and desires speak volumes about why this is THE SITE for true BB enthusiast.

Great job all, RE Pro, for asking the question, and the mods for the way it was handled.
    06-12-08 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD