Attn: To the people that run this board.

What would be GREAT is to prevent anyone from posting who didn't have their model number, firmware version and carrier filled in their profile.
    To prevent those who are lazy and try to thwart the profile with nonsense, entries would only be possible from dropdown lists updated by the moderator/owners of this board. Newbies are so guilty of this.
    10-02-10 05:43 PM
    I dont think it's ever been an issue with a user not having that information filled out. Are you referring to this about preventing spam?

Btw I moved your post from General BlackBerry Discussion to Site Questions, and you still had your profile filled out
    10-02-10 05:50 PM

PLEASE give ot 1 a job! I'm a Crackberry newbie (long time fan, but relatively new to posting in the forums). Not that anyone should really care, but if you were to visit my page to check my profile (don't bother - there's not much to view), you'd see that most of my details are missing. You could be forgiven for thinking that as I'm new to this, I was having some trouble filling out the blanks in the appropriate areas, but now we know the truth: I'm lazy and guilty!
    Maybe I was too close to the problem to see, and it took the brilliant insight of ot 1 to point out my shortcomings (and I thank you) - now I can address this and take my newfound love of self improvement to further dizzying heights. On top of my lazyness, can we also go out on a limb and assume that I'm ****-ugly (as I dare not post a picture of myself), am on the run from the authorities (as I refuse to reveal my exact location), and I'm dumb as a box of hair to boot (as not only do I seek the advice of others for technical troubles, I'm also yet to actually add anything of real value helpwise for others).
    The reality is, I feel that I don't really need to share some of these things with people I've never met. It's not that I don't trust any of you (I do read your entries and often use your advice), or that I don't like what I've come to learn about some of you (I know that I'll most always be entertained by the entries of certain bloggers).
    There are those who have concerns about the details being leeched from their handsets and shared with invisible entities out there by installed apps, yet as a whole - despite repeated cautionings - we seem to not be able to stop ourselves from sharing intimate details and images via tweets, facebook, etc etc.
    If anyone wished to chat with me, great. If I'm online I'll chat right back at them. If they want to know specifics, they can always ask rather than me have my details there for all to peruse (I might not tell them either, by the way!). And if the moderators want to block me for being slightly enigmatic, I'll be disappointed, but it wont end my life.
    Get over yourself buddy. Let people decide for themself how much they share.

And... dismount (off my high horse).
    10-02-10 06:33 PM
    On top of my lazyness, can we also go out on a limb and assume that I'm ****-ugly (as I dare not post a picture of myself), am on the run from the authorities (as I refuse to reveal my exact location), and I'm dumb as a box of hair to boot (as not only do I seek the advice of others for technical troubles, I'm also yet to actually add anything of real value helpwise for others).
    Wait, can you repeat that again?
    10-02-10 06:37 PM
    Wait, can you repeat that again?
    Why.... Are you The Man?
    10-02-10 06:50 PM

PLEASE give ot 1 a job! I'm a Crackberry newbie (long time fan, but relatively new to posting in the forums). Not that anyone should really care, but if you were to visit my page to check that I'm ****-ugly (as I dare not post a picture of myself), am on the run from the authorities (as I refuse I'll be disappointed, but it wont end my life.
    Get over yourself buddy. Let people decide for themself how much they share.

And... dismount (off my high horse).

Mungus..you make me laugh over your rediculousness

Was I asking for a home addr, bank account, perhaps SSN?, oh DL? VISA #?
    phone number? oh email address? your race? creed? If you think sharing your carrier with the world, (is Mangus your real name? LOL) is harmful, I got big news for you, the NSA has already been looking at every single one of your SMSs so revealing your carrier, or phone model could cause you little harm.
    Of course, if your paranoid from selling drugs, or smoking too much pot, you shouldn't have replied to my post in the first place, or for whatever reason you are on the run(P.S. advice: cash under the table, don't travel on airlines, don't open a bank acct.)

The point being, since it obviously escapes you, is to get those who post and ask questions to make it much easier for those responding, or those reading to equate their own issues, to the poster.

P.S. BTW the Russkies probably already have your VISA#
    P.P.S. I have a feeling the NSA has perked up their little ears now, so don't be using your cell ph anymore.
    Last edited by ot_1; 10-03-10 at 08:39 AM. Reason: homonym correction, proper case
    10-02-10 07:20 PM
    Ah... Touch�. I stand corrected with my ranting - and glad you could have a bit of a chuckle at my expense! Thanks for replying too by the way, nice to feel wanted (even internationally it would seem)...
    Thanks also for the advice on how to keep myself free for longer (scary how people always know the best way to stay on the lam), although I'm all outta cash (curse those cunning Nigerians) and haven't had much luck offering "favours"... Possibly a good thing for everyone.

Anyhoo, the border guard is changing shift, so I'd best make my move.

P.S. My Pearl sports the original software version it came with (whatever that is). I'll ammend that at some stage, no hurry
    P.P.S. Don't take any huge offense at anything I write. Seriously, look at my name! And no, it's not anything like my real one...
    P.P.P.S. How old school is this whole "P.S." thing? Haven't seen it done since the olden days where people used paper!
    10-02-10 10:38 PM
    I have no clue what is going on..

Locked.
    10-03-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD