Hi CB,

I m seeing more and more article about Android apps than native BB apps. Please, if I want to know about Android apps and games, I know where I can the info (for those who don't, it's Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers).

I think, the more you post android related articles, the more BB-less (lol) you ll become. If you keep doing this, I believe next year u need to change CB to CBD (CrackBerryDroid)

Anyway, this is ur site, so it is actually up to u, what u want to post. I m just sharing my thought. And I believe some if not most CB user here will think similar.

Please ignore me if u think I m wrong

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob, IntricateNL and gokulesh like this.
    03-14-14 03:07 AM
    Posting about Android apps does not make the site less CrackBerry. but you are entitled to your opinion. Its a help site. And BB users are using Android apps. Some of them need help. Hence the postings.
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-14-14 07:33 AM
    They are trying out Android apps on BB10 to see if they work, any glitches, etc and normally I hold off on downloading until I see a review.

CB isn't just for fans of BlackBerry but for users of all levels. Beginners to advanced and their posts cover everything and everyone.

I like the variety of posts and if there is a topic I don't like, I don't click.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:44 AM
    @cuek80 - Oh, Please.... Lol. While I appreciate threads like this, I sort of hate them too.... the reason being you underestimate my awesomeness in EVERYTHING I do. Nothing I do is without tact. Nothing is non-strategic. I TEST everything. I watch for feedback from our users, etc. I pivot as need be. I'm already way ahead of you on a thread like this.

In the case of talking about Android apps, we have a few thoughts here:

A) We test to see feedback in the comments.

B) We'll run a poll, etc. checking in with the broader community. Remember, the most vocal in the comments are actually typically the minority. We're under the assumption that the average owner wants APPS on their device, regardless of how they get them.

C) We find the the happy medium. In the case of something like talking about Android apps that run on BB10, my HUNCH is that we'll probably do a weekly round up of new/good Android apps that run well on BB10.

Also, I watch the stats. Stats don't lie (seat belts save lives!). And in general, what the stats show me (traffic, etc.) is that our users are VERY interested in getting Android apps on their BB10 devices. If they weren't, the stats would reflect that.

Thanks again for the thread. I appreciate your concern that you think we're going in the wrong direction. Hopefully this clarifies that the direction I always go in is the one that the majority of the users of this site want us to go in (knowing that you can't please everybody 100% of the time).

Kevin out!
    03-14-14 09:09 AM
    I miss this Kevin.

Please come back CB, you are going to the wrong direction-kevin-cranes-new.jpg
    03-14-14 09:17 AM
    And this one

howarmat, pkcable and BionicKris like this.
    03-14-14 09:19 AM
    Hahahahaha
    03-14-14 09:27 AM
    Please come back CB, you are going to the wrong direction-oq8yqe.jpg

#nomnomnom
    pkcable, BionicKris and Adam Zeis like this.
    03-14-14 09:39 AM
    LOL at those GIFs
    03-14-14 10:56 AM
    Got it. Guess I was wrong to think most ppl feel same way. Apologize.
    Maybe it just feels weird at first because this is a new feature on latest OS version, and you are right to say some user need this guide.
    And maybe it feels weird because months ago, android related articles here in CB are a rare one.

Maybe we'll get used to it.

It is right that if we don't like the article, we don't have to read it, don't get me wrong, I didn't read the articles. No offense to the author though. I just don't play games

I'm just saying, encouraging ppl to use and install android apps is bad, not for the user (not in a short term anyway), but for BB.
    For example, if I am an app Dev and some user push me to release my app to bb10, I ll just guide them to side-load it. Done.
    Then mosy Dev won't even bother to make native one. Since the side loaded one works. Then what happen to BB World?

Please, I m not saying that you shouldn't post android apps article at all, but IMO lesser is better. Beside I think you just need to introduce snap, and let user search through it for apps, not promoting the android app, but Snap (which is a BB app)

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:33 PM
    Btw, AC and CB was part of mobile nation, instead of competing, let's help each other out.
    Including iMore and WPCentral.

Just my two cents!

Posted via Q10 10.2.1 (2141-OS/2142-Radio)
    03-14-14 11:47 PM
    Btw, AC and CB was part of mobile nation, instead of competing, let's help each other out.
    Including iMore and WPCentral.

Just my two cents!

Posted via Q10 10.2.1 (2141-OS/2142-Radio)
    I was just thinking the other day. I would love to see a CB10 like app but allow it to visit all of the sites. Call it the MobileNations10 (or MN10) and then I could easily browse all the sites for news and browse their forums and what not so easily! Please make this happen

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 01:18 AM
    I was just thinking the other day. I would love to see a CB10 like app but allow it to visit all of the sites. Call it the MobileNations10 (or MN10) and then I could easily browse all the sites for news and browse their forums and what not so easily! Please make this happen

Posted via CB10
    There is an MN app for Android.
    03-15-14 01:27 AM
    There is an MN app for Android.
    This, and u can also install tapatalk.

And please.. I m not saying android is bad or anything. I use all major platform: iOS, Android, Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    On the 2014 roadmap. SUPER APP
    James Falconer and cuek80 like this.
    03-15-14 08:00 AM
    The fact of the matter is, it will bring more people TO BlackBerry from the other OS platforms. It brought me back, and for productivity apps, not games. AND that will put BB back in the financial means they need to be in to once again flourish.

Those who don't want to be part of it can write checks to John Chen for a few million a piece to keep the company alive. Look at the numbers, they do not lie.
    04-06-14 01:30 PM
    How did I miss this thread!!!!! It's so full of WIN!!!!!!!!

Please come back CB, you are going to the wrong direction-full_of_win.jpg
    04-09-14 10:19 AM