i hate it when people dont read the posts in a thread and only read the title or the OP's message before they add there 2 cents.

these guys just end up repeating whats already being said.
    they only do this to get their own post count up.

does this bother anyone else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 04:26 AM
    who cares. they are reiterating and backing up previous posters with their own experiences even if its repeating whats been said. its more of a bother to me when people dont search at all or ask wildly stupid questions. actually this thread bothers me. we all get annoyed at other posters and wanna get our points across regarding bulletin board etiquette and "rules" but we dont need to cover the forums with threads like this. its just gonna stir shizzle up.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-04-09 at 05:41 AM.
    06-04-09 05:16 AM
    The best ones are the ones that say nothing but "yea what he said. Welcome to cb." Doesn't bother me though, that's just how forums get when there's this many people.

06-04-09 05:17 AM
    i hate it when people dont read the posts in a thread and only read the title or the OP's message before they add there 2 cents.

these guys just end up repeating whats already being said.
    they only do this to get their own post count up.

does this bother anyone else

hey I do this sorry I definitely do I will admit..

but you will also notice that I have suggested that they add a feature to hide post count..

I would personally prefer that my post count didn't even show... to be honest..

I literally try to read through things and help people out if I don't help people out or I make incorrect statements then someone corrects me and I learn something..

Also when I post in a thread it subscribes the thread to me so if its a topic I like or I want to know the outcome of it I like the fact that it subscribes based on a post..

I wouldn't post on a topic if I am not interested in the topic.. or if I am not helping someone out.

unless of course you count the threads that are basically just "chill" threads like waiting rooms and such
    06-04-09 05:19 AM
    who cares. they are reiterating and backing up previous posters with their own experiences even if its repeating whats been said. its more of a bother to me when people dont search at all or ask wildly stupid questions. actually this thread bothers me. we all get annoyed at other posters and wanna get our points across regarding bulletin board etiquette and "rules" but be dont need to cover the forums with threads like this. its just gonna stir shizzle up.
    grammer mistake "("rules" but be dont need)" did you mean we ("rules" but we dont need)

06-04-09 05:31 AM
    grammer mistake "("rules" but be dont need)" did you mean we ("rules" but we dont need)

i meant "we", so to make you happy and increase my postcount, i corrected it and added this post
    06-04-09 05:42 AM
    Do not be too lazy as to filter out unneeded information in forums on your own. They will always be there in the form of posts and whatnot. Just take what you need and be happy.

oh btw.

Plus 1 post count for me.
    06-04-09 05:47 AM
    No, as long as someone tries to contribute its all good. What's really annoying is when someone creates a thread to ask if we are annoyed about something. Haha

06-04-09 05:48 AM
    I have suggested that they add a feature to hide post count..

I would personally prefer that my post count didn't even show... to be honest..
    You should try wap some time. No post counts to see. If everyone were on wap, there would be no post count intimidation.
    06-04-09 05:55 AM
    No, as long as someone tries to contribute its all good. What's really annoying is when someone creates a thread to ask if we are annoyed about something. Haha

maybe i made this thread to push all our posts up maybe not
    probly not
    but look whats happening
    walla

06-04-09 05:56 AM
    stop bumping your own thread and others will ignore you as well. true story.
    06-04-09 06:31 AM
    grammer ... did you mean "grammar"?
    06-04-09 06:50 AM
    grammer ... did you mean "grammar"?
    haha i think so

06-04-09 07:09 AM
    i actually will read the 1st few replys and then respond i usually wont read the next 5-10 pages of replys. and i also welcome people to CB who wouldnt? I LOVE THIS PLACE and i never want to make any newbie feel unwelcome, we all start out with the thrist for knowledge on our Berries, isnt that why WE ALL STARTED coming to CB?
    Last edited by mrsjackd; 06-04-09 at 07:29 AM.
    06-04-09 07:12 AM
    What about the people that don't use the search function, I'm pretty sure rants like this already exist

06-04-09 07:14 AM
    What about the people that don't use the search function, I'm pretty sure rants like this already exist

i did use it and found nothing that pertains to this rant. why did you? i also did a google search and nothing on any other forum
    are you tryin to start a rant mate

06-04-09 07:18 AM
    No sir, it just seems these threads never accomplish anything, by the time new members join this thread will be long gone and the old ways will continue, seems a little futile.

06-04-09 07:21 AM
    yeah i guess youre right but this is a different thread because there is nothing like it out there its only similar to other rants because it is a rant.

06-04-09 07:26 AM
    yeah i guess youre right but this is a different thread because there is nothing like it out there its only similar to other rants because it is a rant.

Yep, and yes when people don't read what the OP said is annoying

06-04-09 07:27 AM
    Not really sure what this has to do with Black berry Discussion which is where you posted it. But I suggest everyone takes a look at the bold(Text) section.

At CrackBerry.com we take pride in keeping these forums very open. If you've been here a while you've probably noticed this yourself. We don't want the forums to be a police state where you need to be scared to post something for fear of getting banned by a moderator.

At the same time, posting on this forum is not a right... it's a privilege that's granted when you register here and agree to the terms and conditions, which include following the forum rules and guidelines, including our rules for General Member Conduct, which I'll post right here:

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always use the Report Post function - exclamation mark inside a triangle at the top right corner of every post - to report something to the mod team that you think is offside). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    And we will leave it at that.
    06-04-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD