I've reported the abuse on a thread where I've been repeatedly attacked unwarranted by three selfish people who openly break the rules and guidelines for this community. No moderation, no apology, no concern whatsoever has been demonstrated. I simply thanked someone and briefly expressed how I felt about the way Microsoft support team dealt with the issues I complained about to them. It was done in a civil manner and completely about my experience. There was no valid reason for known trolls to attack me in the manner in which they did. I politely asked them to respectfully back off but instead they ganged up like false moderators, with no valid reason other than to put me down and make me feel worth-less.

I've noticed a pattern of these trolls insulting helpful members and making this an unfriendly community over several years, spreading nothing but negativity without warrant or relevance.

Phrases such as "Is it too much to ask to use software updated in the last 5 years?", "Quit whining about thinking somehow you're entitled to some kind of special treatment.", "you were living in a fantasy world. If you’re one of those people that need to go to a safe space I suggest you do it now" and "We're also following the rules and guidelines of this forum so we're at sitting here at the intersection of Entitled and Impasse right around the corner from STFU please" in a question category thread, are not friendly, helpful, relevant or event aligned with rules and guidelines thread in any shape or form.

Seeing these comments posted by the same individuals repeatedly are akin to bullying grooming tactics, designed to discourage other members from posting.

In your guidelines and rules you paint an impression that you want to encourage blackberry users to feel safe and contribute here, but until you moderate abuse accordingly, I don't feel supported, or safe to participate on this forum, where my contributions become fodder for trolls.

I say this with respect to everything you have done for the blackberry community, no internet forum is immune to internet laws or those in the countries we reside in.
    But even if abuse laws didn't exist, you have specified an infraction process in your guidelines and rules that these trolls and bullies don't face, which encourages them to repeatedly breaking the rules and insulting your target audience without impunity.

Trolls and bullies are tarnishing the reputation of this forum. Because it's a public forum, everyone on the internet who visits here will see the judgemental trolls and all their ruthless and unprovoked hate negativity, and think twice before signing up to contribute. That will starve the community of new solutions and answers to their questions.

I don't feel safe, nor encouraged to comment or reply to thank individuals because of these trolls. I have reported them and emailed moderation team. I'm not going to let them interfere with my need for support or expression of gratitude. I will resort to DM members, so I can give thanks without being harassed by the trolls.

If it matters to you that your members are being mistreated to the point that they have to resort to communicate in private just to avoid being harassed and abused, then maybe you will take appropriate conclusive action.

I remember you launched a new product and expressed plans to continue this community. That's all at risk if you continue to allow trolls to abuse your community.

My case is not an isolated incident, search the names of these trolls and you will find other members harassed and asking trolls to politely back off. That's your choice.

But me? I will not tolerate abuse towards me from anyone on here. I have rights and self-respect and I will not allow anyone talk to target me with abuse.

Harassment, abuse, backbiting and passive aggressive argument-baiting, no remorse, following their victim when they post in a separate sub-forum (including here) to laugh at the victim... is a form of patterned behaviour. It's not something to ignore. It's a crime in real life. Public internet forums are not exempt. We have institutions to report negative attacks and abuse in each of our countries for this reason.

TL;DR:
    I thank you for all you have done with crackberry and the community. But I don't feel safe to express gratitude due to the risk of the abuse attacks described above.
    Last edited by hmp3; 02-25-24 at 11:56 AM.
    SAVVYSCLUTTER likes this.
    02-25-24 11:11 AM
    i've reported the abuse on a thread where i've been repeatedly attacked unwarranted by three selfish people who openly break the rules and guidelines for this community. No moderation, no apology, no concern whatsoever has been demonstrated. I simply thanked someone and briefly expressed how i felt about the way microsoft support team dealt with the issues i complained about to them. It was done in a civil manner and completely about my experience. There was no valid reason for known trolls to attack me in the manner in which they did. I politely asked them to respectfully back off but instead they ganged up like false moderators, with no valid reason other than to put me down and make me feel worth-less.

I've noticed a pattern of these trolls insulting helpful members and making this an unfriendly community over several years, spreading nothing but negativity without warrant or relevance.

Phrases such as "is it too much to ask to use software updated in the last 5 years?", "quit whining about thinking somehow you're entitled to some kind of special treatment." and "you were living in a fantasy world. If you’re one of those people that need to go to a safe space i suggest you do it now" are not friendly in a question category thread are not relevant, helpful or in any way shape or form aligned with your rules and guidelines thread.
    Seeing these comments posted by the same individuals repeatedly are akin to bullying grooming tactics, designed to discourage other members from posting.

In your guidelines and rules you paint an impression that you want to encourage blackberry users to feel safe and contribute here, but until you moderate abuse accordingly, i don't feel supported, or safe to participate on this forum, where my contributions become fodder for trolls.

I say this with respect to everything you have done for the blackberry community, no internet forum is immune to internet laws or those in the countries we reside in.
    But even if abuse laws didn't exist, you have specified an infraction process in your guidelines and rules that these trolls and bullies don't face, which encourages them to repeatedly breaking the rules and insulting your target audience without impunity.

Trolls and bullies are tarnishing the reputation of this forum. Because it's a public forum, everyone on the internet who visits here will see the judgemental trolls and all their ruthless and unprovoked hate negativity, and think twice before signing up to contribute. That will starve the community of new solutions and answers to their questions.

I don't feel safe, nor encouraged to comment or reply to thank individuals because of these trolls. I have reported them and emailed moderation team. I'm not going to let them interfere with my need for support or expression of gratitude. I will resort to dm members, so i can give thanks without being harassed by the trolls.

If it matters to you that your members are being mistreated to the point that they have to resort to communicate in private just to avoid being harassed and abused, then maybe you will take appropriate conclusive action.

I remember you launched a new product and expressed plans to continue this community. That's all at risk if you continue to allow trolls to abuse your community.

My case is not an isolated incident, search the names of these trolls and you will find other members harassed and asking trolls to politely back off. That's your choice.

But me? I will not tolerate abuse towards me from anyone on here. I have rights and self-respect and i will not allow anyone talk to target me with abuse.

Harassment, abuse, backbiting and passive aggressive argument-baiting is not something to ignore. It's a crime in real life. Public internet forums are not exempt. We have institutions to report negative attacks and abuse in each of our countries for this reason.

Tl;dr:
    I thank you for all you have done with crackberry and the community. But i don't feel safe to express gratitude due to the risk of the abuse attacks described above.
    tl;dl: Lmfao
    02-25-24 11:13 AM
    I've reported the abuse on a thread where I've been repeatedly attacked unwarranted by three selfish people who openly break the rules and guidelines for this community. No moderation, no apology, no concern whatsoever has been demonstrated. I simply thanked someone and briefly expressed how I felt about the way Microsoft support team dealt with the issues I complained about to them. It was done in a civil manner and completely about my experience. There was no valid reason for known trolls to attack me in the manner in which they did. I politely asked them to respectfully back off but instead they ganged up like false moderators, with no valid reason other than to put me down and make me feel worth-less.

Phrases such as "Is it too much to ask to use software updated in the last 5 years?", "Quit whining about thinking somehow you're entitled to some kind of special treatment.", "you were living in a fantasy world. If you’re one of those people that need to go to a safe space I suggest you do it now" and "We're also following the rules and guidelines of this forum so we're at sitting here at the intersection of Entitled and Impasse right around the corner from STFU please" in a question category thread, are not friendly, helpful, relevant or event aligned with rules and guidelines thread in any shape or form.

In your guidelines and rules you paint an impression that you want to encourage blackberry users to feel safe and contribute here, but until you moderate abuse accordingly, I don't feel supported, or safe to participate on this forum, where my contributions become fodder for trolls.

I don't feel safe, nor encouraged to comment or reply to thank individuals because of these trolls. I have reported them and emailed moderation team. I'm not going to let them interfere with my need for support or expression of gratitude. I will resort to DM members, so I can give thanks without being harassed by the trolls.

But me? I will not tolerate abuse towards me from anyone on here. I have rights and self-respect and I will not allow anyone talk to target me with abuse.

Harassment, abuse, backbiting and passive aggressive argument-baiting, no remorse, following their victim when they post in a separate sub-forum (including here) to laugh at the victim... is a form of patterned behaviour. It's not something to ignore. It's a crime in real life. Public internet forums are not exempt. We have institutions to report negative attacks and abuse in each of our countries for this reason.

TL;DR:
    I thank you for all you have done with crackberry and the community. But I don't feel safe to express gratitude due to the risk of the abuse attacks described above.
    I'm not sure I agree, but you've made an interesting point.
    hmp3 likes this.
    02-25-24 11:59 AM
    I agree with the original poster. A lot of us were excited BlackBerry fans back in the day. There was no other forum/website ecosystem like CrackBerry. Posters were very supportive and helpful and shared amazing tips and techniques. Many of us were disappointed when BlackBerry announced they were pulling out of the smartphone market. But the great news was they were handing off "tech support" to CrackBerry where we knew people would still help us with our BlackBerry concerns and problems.

I have moved on from BlackBerry, but I still follow CrackBerry and have noticed the same issues the OP has mentioned. This is no longer a site where people can ask legitimate questions and receive helpful answers in the majority of instances. Instead posters are made to feel like they are dying dinosaurs. And yet look at the technology that BlackBerry brought to our lives that is only recently or still lacking from the current phones. Remember when we were chastised because no one would ever learn gestures to use their phones? Now all users seem to use gestures with no issues. Remember when bad battery life ruined your phone experience? Took awhile before other phones came out with reliable batteries. Remember when you could add a birthday to your contact's information and it would then show up on your calendar? Google is finally offering this in Messages. Remember when your phone made you productive with useful apps?

Sorry, went off on a long tangent. But it shows us dying dinosaurs were way ahead of the curve and it would be nice to see posters getting some respect. There is no need for moderators and other posters to bully us here.
    hmp3 likes this.
    02-25-24 12:48 PM
    I think all internet forums have an aspect of the good old schoolyard about them. Some kids trading their lunches, some beating others up, all kinds of stuff going on. A microcosm of fallen human nature.
    Ph1llip likes this.
    02-25-24 12:57 PM
    I think all internet forums have an aspect of the good old schoolyard about them. Some kids trading their lunches, some beating others up, all kinds of stuff going on. A microcosm of fallen human nature.
    The problem starts when people start complaining that some entity owes them some level of support when that's simply unreasonable. Then comes to a site where help is offered but then wants to go on some entitlement rant and think others can't have a different opinion. F that
    02-25-24 06:11 PM
    The problem starts when people start complaining that some entity owes them some level of support when that's simply unreasonable. Then comes to a site where help is offered but then wants to go on some entitlement rant and think others can't have a different opinion. F that
    Thanks for the insight. I hadn't known that was happening.
    02-25-24 06:23 PM
    Update: Thank you for your initial reply. I can't tell if you're a Mod or not. My reply and question below was directed to a Mod or Crackberry Kevin.

True, but I'm sure you are aware, that in current times, a lot of 'good old' abusive behaviour that was once ignored/excused is no longer tolerated. Measures are actively being taken collectively in law and on social media platforms all around the world to eradicate this abuse which has contaminated all walks of life, regardless of creed, age, income, or otherwise, for long enough. The world is collectively evolving away from hate speech and trolling. This effort is not in the minority, and it is not 'special'...

https://www.un.org/en/hate-speech/un...is-hate-speech
    https://lawcouncil.au/resources/subm...ling-bill-2022
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...-trolls-online

That's the rest of the world, which anyone with access to news, google or network TV ads is likely already aware of.

What's unclear to me is, are the extensive violation policies, warnings and infractions procedures detailed in crackberry's community rules and guidelines (those which are related to the quotes in my OP), expressed with sincere intent?

https://forums.crackberry.com/volunt.../#post12806924

" Points Expiration Warnings
    Inappropriate Language 25 6 Months YES
    Trolling 35 9 Months YES
    Personal Attacks or Insults 35 9 Months YES"

"It is important to note that no individual member should consider themselves ‘above the law’. If you make a habit of trolling, using profane language or posting inappropriate materials, our moderators will hold you accountable. We reserve the right to give arbitrary infractions at our discretion.

Please think before you post."

... OR would those in charge of the forum like us to fend for ourselves, disregard the rules, and uphold the old school yard conflict-escalation flame war approach instead?
    Last edited by hmp3; 02-26-24 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Clarification: My reply and question below was directed to a Mod or Crackberry Kevin.
    02-25-24 06:49 PM
    Nobody is forcing you to be here.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-25-24 09:21 PM
    Nobody is forcing you to be here.
    Yeah I don't get it, especially after looked at the thread in question. The OP is the one that escalated things.... but they never got nearly as bad as I have seen things in the past here.

And he seems so out of touch.... like Kevin visits the forums?
    02-26-24 07:32 AM
    Thanks for the insight. I hadn't known that was happening.
    Really Paul, you're a comedian and a half...
    02-26-24 08:35 AM
    True, but I'm sure you are aware, that in current times, a lot of 'good old' abusive behaviour that was once ignored/excused is no longer tolerated. Measures are actively being taken collectively in law and on social media platforms all around the world to eradicate this abuse which has contaminated all walks of life, regardless of creed, age, income, or otherwise, for long enough. The world is collectively evolving away from hate speech and trolling. This effort is not in the minority, and it is not 'special'...

https://www.un.org/en/hate-speech/un...is-hate-speech
    https://lawcouncil.au/resources/subm...ling-bill-2022
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...-trolls-online

That's the rest of the world, which anyone with access to news, google or network TV ads is likely already aware of.

What's unclear to me is, are the extensive violation policies, warnings and infractions procedures detailed in crackberry's community rules and guidelines (those which are related to the quotes in my OP), expressed with sincere intent?

https://forums.crackberry.com/volunt.../#post12806924

" Points Expiration Warnings
    Inappropriate Language 25 6 Months YES
    Trolling 35 9 Months YES
    Personal Attacks or Insults 35 9 Months YES"

"It is important to note that no individual member should consider themselves ‘above the law’. If you make a habit of trolling, using profane language or posting inappropriate materials, our moderators will hold you accountable. We reserve the right to give arbitrary infractions at our discretion.

Please think before you post."

... OR would those in charge of the forum like us to fend for ourselves, disregard the rules, and uphold the old school yard conflict-escalation flame war approach instead?
    I honestly am in disbelief that you think Conite, with 60k plus posts and Chuck with close to 30k posts, are trolls. They together with D3 (40k plus) have probably helped the most visitors to CrackBerry. You may not like their blunt, direct language but that's more an indictment of how sensitive you appear to be.

Trust me, if there was something to be moderated, you would have seen swift action from Howarmat or one of his team. The fact that this thread isn't locked yet means your concerns are unwarranted. This is a very congenial forum compared to something that starts with You and ends with Tube, as an example.

But thanks for injecting some much needed excitement back into the forum, however briefly it may last
    02-26-24 08:50 AM
    I honestly am in disbelief that you think Conite, with 60k plus posts and Chuck with close to 30k posts, are trolls. They together with D3 (40k plus) have probably helped the most visitors to CrackBerry. You may not like their blunt, direct language but that's more an indictment of how sensitive you appear to be.

Trust me, if there was something to be moderated, you would have seen swift action from Howarmat or one of his team. The fact that this thread isn't locked yet means your concerns are unwarranted. This is a very congenial forum compared to something that starts with You and ends with Tube, as an example.

But thanks for injecting some much needed excitement back into the forum, however briefly it may last
    Yeah, while the mods aren't really active here... if you report something, they'll look at it and act if necessary.
    Laura Knotek and hmp3 like this.
    02-26-24 10:17 AM
    Yeah, while the mods aren't really active here... if you report something, they'll look at it and act if necessary.
    Thank You.
    02-26-24 11:21 AM
    I certainly wasn't going to make an issue of this in the original thread, but since this has been brought up as a separate topic, I will add my two cents.

For reference, I have attached the original exchange that set the OP off.

What I DO find a sign of the times is someone who proclaims a victimhood status instead of taking personal responsability for their own actions. If one chooses to use ageing unsupported software, that's absolutely fine. But to then blame Microsoft for not responding with all hands on deck, is somewhat delusional.

In any event, I stated my opinion in the exchange in a perfectly reasonable way. If the OP considers this bullying, then he may have to recalibrate.

Open Letter to Crackberry Kevin and moderation team.-exchange.jpg
    02-26-24 11:31 AM
    I certainly wasn't going to make an issue of this in the original thread, but since this has been brought up as a separate topic, I will add my two cents.

What I DO find a sign of the times is someone who proclaims a victimhood status instead of taking personal responsability for their own actions. If one chooses to use ageing unsupported software, that's absolutely fine. But to then blame Microsoft for not responding with all hands on deck, is somewhat delusional.

In any event, I stated my opinion in the exchange in a perfectly reasonable way. If the OP considers this bullying, then he may have to recalibrate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exchange.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	454134
    It was the tone of your voice... in his mind when he read it, and the scowl he imaged you had when writing it.
    02-26-24 11:41 AM
    It was the tone of your voice... in his mind when he read it, and the scowl he imaged you had when writing it.
    And now I have the image of much pearl clutching and face fanning. Lol.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-26-24 11:43 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exchange.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	454134
    My business with Microsoft has nothing to do with you whatsoever. You were not there. You have no idea what actually happened. You were extremely rude and out of line in the way you attacked me. It was offensive. Instead of trying to resolve things, when I asked you to politely back off, you made it all about you and your rights, even though you had no business with my reply which was simply thanking another member for their contribution. This didn't involve you, your rights were not attacked. You started a fight where there was none.

Open Letter to Crackberry Kevin and moderation team.-web-capture_25-2-2024_201030_forums.crackberry.com.jpg

And then you laughed at me. And then another member decided to attack me despite the fact that I have been polite and respectful throughout the entire conversation.
    02-26-24 11:58 AM
    My business with Microsoft has nothing to do with you whatsoever. You were not there. You have no idea what actually happened. You were extremely rude and out of line in the way you attacked me. It was offensive. Instead of trying to resolve things, when I asked you to politely back off, you made it all about you and your rights, even though you had no business with my reply which was simply thanking another member for their contribution. This didn't involve you, your rights were not attacked. You started a fight where there was none.
    02-26-24 12:00 PM
    Even now, I continue to speak respectfully, yet you still refuse to stop insulting and attacking me.
    Not one person I quoted in my OP has made any attempt to understand, apologise or resolve things with me. I've received abuse, profanity and condescending remarks directed towards me, completely unprovoked, with no relevance. And that is why I stopped replying there and directed this thread here at the mods, not you, and not the others who attacked me after you.

Whatever your past reputations have been for helping people does not warrant the way you have chosen to treat me at present, taking pleasure in the offence you have caused me.

I've never seen such disgusting hostile aggressive belittlement for personal pleasure in my life.
    02-26-24 12:31 PM
    Microsoft makes it clear what is or isn't supported. They also stop supporting their own end of life software. Why should Microsoft be expected to support another company's end of life products when they cut off support for their own end of life products?

If you want specific Microsoft support, then you'll need to purchase hardware and/or software that meets the specifications that Microsoft puts forth.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, conite and m3ach like this.
    02-26-24 01:18 PM
    Again, if you don't ask me what happened between Microsoft and I, and if you weren't a witness, then how can you possibly know for sure what went wrong, how they interacted with me, or what we even discussed.
    I'm surprised that a moderator would jump to conclusions and assume what happened rather than ask.

I even mentioned onenote (a supported software, which includes but is not limited to unsupported BB), so how can you be so certain that my reason for expressing my dissatisfaction with MS without breaking any rules was solely to do with Blackberry and exactly what you thought it was about? I didn't detail it and you didn't ask.

Regardless, what happened between MS and I was aligned with your rules.
    I simply said I'm not thankful to them, I didn't attack them by making some bold sweeping statements like "MS are terrible, they should close down'. And if I saw someone else say that, that's them talking about MS, it's not targetting me the end user. If I disagree, I could still politely express without being rude 'That's a shame, not sure what happened between you both, my experience is often, but I have heard that others feel the same way as you too.'

My reply did not in any shape or form warrant anybody on this platform to attack me in the ways described in my OP.
    They had the choice to reciprocate my respect and decency, and ask me what happened, if they were actually concerned and want to help. That's what Most members do. But if they're not interested in helping, that doesn't give them the right to personally attack me.
    If they don't want to even write something, why not have a dislike button, to allow them to simply express their disagreement if they don't want to communicate their dissent in a reasonable manner?
    Having only a like button creates a lot of invisible bias because it doesn't allow anyone to simply disagree. So it looks like everyone either loves a post or feel neutral or haven't got an opinion, or haven't read the post.
    Something like a dislike button could help to curb unwarranted hostility, and still allow those to express their dissent in a civil manner.

You don't see me going around the forum, playing a judgemental detective and hounding on someone for their civil opinion, hijacking their story to talk down to them and ridicule them, without even bothering to ask them if suspicions about what upset them were even correct.

The individual could have simply exercised self-control before jumping to defend MS as one might if I'd fabricated an elaborate smear campaign against they themselves personally.
    It's like your rules say "Please think before you post".

If I can make an effort to follow your rules, PUPPA guidelines and consideration to think before posting, then so can others because of what's written in your rules:
    "It is important to note that no individual member should consider themselves ‘above the law’. If you make a habit of trolling, using profane language or posting inappropriate materials, our moderators will hold you accountable."

If I can respect those who attack me by asking them to politely stop targetting me (by quoting me about their dissent about a thread I didn't even start, to fight, not to enquire), then why should I tolerate double standards when they and other individuals continue to harass me, resorting to profanity, mockery without any sign of decency or remorse?
    Last edited by hmp3; 02-26-24 at 04:57 PM. Reason: noun inconsistency
    02-26-24 04:05 PM
    Dear Mods, to support my claims, this is the reputation I have discovered about crackberry. I simply searched for "Crackberry" on reddit, it seems that others in the replies have complained of similar hostile experiences that I've faced, and have even cited some familiar usernames.

TW: Some of the comments mentioned there are not so kind or respectful as I have been.
    And I do not condone the way they phrased things. Whilst similar, these are their experiences, not mine.
    So there's nothing 'special' about what I've said, as others have accused me of being.

*EDIT: Out of respect, I've decided to remove the links and decided to make them available to Mods on special request, to avoid an escalation of hostility on here.*
    Last edited by hmp3; 02-26-24 at 05:49 PM.
    02-26-24 05:31 PM
    Dear Mods, to support my claims, this is the reputation I have discovered about crackberry. I simply searched for "Crackberry" on reddit, it seems that others in the replies have complained of similar hostile experiences that I've faced, and have even cited some familiar usernames.

TW: Some of the comments mentioned there are not so kind or respectful as I have been.
    And I do not condone the way they phrased things. Whilst similar, these are their experiences, not mine.
    So there's nothing 'special' about what I've said, as others have accused me of being.

*EDIT: Out of respect, I've decided to remove the links and decided to make them available to Mods on special request, to avoid an escalation of hostility on here.*
    You do realize a MOD replied to you. You're creating your own train wreck and then complaining about everyone rubbernecking and discussing their own ideas and opinions about said trainwreck.
    conite likes this.
    02-26-24 07:17 PM

Okay? Do you expect anything to happen? Because if so, you’re going to be disappointed.

But if you’re still using outdated Blackberry hardware and software, you’re probably already used to disappointment.
    Laura Knotek and Ph1llip like this.
    02-26-24 10:36 PM
30 12