I have noticed a couple of bugs in the new notification system. These bugs have manifested themselves on more than one occasion

1. Sometimes, I get emails for posts that haven't gone live yet. What I mean is that when I click on the link to the thread, the post isn't there It does eventually show up though.

As an example, I got a notification (#1986739) for a post by amacw in the Marketplace thread WTB: AT&T rounded passport - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com. But when I clicked on the link, amacw's post wasn't there. The newest post I saw was by SackHarry 7/14-15 at 07:26 PM. Plus, my Subscriptions page hadn't refreshed either: it still shows that the last post was by SackHarry, 07-12-15, 03:42 PM.

Edit: I started writing this post on 7/14 but by the time I started this thread, amacw's post has shown up.

Plus the thread has a Follow button, which implies I'm not subscribed to it (which I obviously am) Nothing happens when I click on Follow..

2. Below the notification number is a 'sent in' stat. I don't think it's very accurate. I have gotten notifications much later than what the 'sent in' time--usually 1.0-1.5s--shows.

And this is not so much a bug but a change that I wish could be reversed: prior to the new system, I liked how blog comment notifications were from "CrackBerry" (noreply at crackberry.com,) whereas forum notifications were from "BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com" (info at crackberry.com.) The different sender names were helpful in identifying which notification was for which; now everything comes from "CrackBerry Notifications" (no-reply at crackberry.com) which forces me to read the subject to figure out what the notification is for (back breaking work, I know.) Small thing and I would understand if it's not important enough to be addressed, but just thought I'd point it out
    07-15-15 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! Sending to our team now!
    07-16-15 09:42 AM
    Update regarding the Marketplace thread--everything is now looking like it should: amacw's post is the last one I'm now seeing, and the thread is correctly placed in my Subscriptions page, so the display has "caught up." This was not a solitary incident though, which is why I thought I should report it.

Edit: four minutes after this post, SackHarry updated his thread. I got an email for it immediately, and clicking on the link in my email to that thread shows his post there. Subscriptions page looks okay too.
    Last edited by raino; 07-16-15 at 01:28 PM.
    07-16-15 01:12 PM
    07-17-15 08:36 AM
    Happened again, in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...t-uma-1030033/. I got a notification for a post by Anatolian2015, and it is not showing up.
    07-21-15 12:28 PM
    I think sometimes that happens if the person is editing the post.
    07-21-15 12:54 PM
    I think sometimes that happens if the person is editing the post.
    Couldn't have happened with the Marketplace thread though.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-21-15 01:06 PM
    Certain forums are MUCH more likely to have posts end up in the moderation queue and thus have to have a Mod approve them before they go live. The Market Place is one of these forums, Ask a Question would be another. It's possible there's some sort of glitch in the system and moderated posts are STILL having notifications sent out. While my staff is pretty quick at approving posts we are not always able to do it instantly, especially during the wee hours.

My guess is the issue is moderated posts. And it's an automatic thing, it's rare that we put posts into moderation, mostly the system flags posts. Even we don't understand why it flags them sometimes. NEVER EVER be alarmed if the system flags your post, we will handle it and hopefully quickly approve it. IF there ever is an issue with your posts THEN you will hear from us, but don't worry about a flagged post or two, it's just the goofy filter!
    raino likes this.
    07-23-15 08:16 AM
    Hello,

When refreshing my Participated threads they multiple, I've tried restarting the app and my phone but nothing helped.

Notification system: bugs and feedback-img_20150922_225535.png
    Notification system: bugs and feedback-img_20150922_215610.png
    09-22-15 04:13 PM
    Thanks for reporting this. We will take a look!
    09-23-15 03:15 PM