I was trying to put an image in one of my posts when it told me I need to have 10 posts in order to include images....so, yes, this is me trying to get more posts, but also complaining
    01-01-10 01:01 PM
    Well, there are a great number of folks on the site, some join just to ask a question or 2. Now, while it seems to be a pain, this is how some clutter is reduced. And, if you work at it just a little, getting 10 posts takes almost no time at all. Just remember, post in Social forums don't add to the count.

Happy posting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 01:15 PM
    If we allowed the SPAM bots to post links, images or send PM, our member would be subject to the worst of the internet SPAM.

01-01-10 02:00 PM
    I try to do my part and cull those spam posters where I see 'em. I'll hit the Report button most ricky-tick on them.

01-01-10 02:45 PM
    Whatever is needed to hold down the spam works for me. If 10 posts helps go for it.

Meantime I feel your pain, andriakaye. Hang in there. Your numbers will grow quickly with little effort.

01-01-10 04:38 PM
    I encountered this little roadblock as well while trying to post a link to help a poster in their thread...oh well I'll get there eventually lol.
    01-01-10 04:44 PM
    Coool you can add pictures wow I'm way behimd the 8 ball on that one

01-01-10 04:53 PM
    i hate forum SPAM!!!!!
    01-01-10 07:34 PM
    am posting,and posting and still have five posts....
    What`s this.....
    Can somebody help!??
    01-01-10 09:00 PM
    guys just keep in mind, mods frown upon spamming and threadwhoring trying to up your post count. if you spend 10 minutes browsing, you can legitimately gain your 10 posts. they will delete bumping posts meant to increase count. it may stink, but it keeps the garbage down to a minimum. im surprised this thread hasnt been locked considering the OP admitted to his attempt to increase post count in it. be a daily member, with legitimate contributions, and your post count will soar in no time.
    01-02-10 02:55 AM
    I would think another good way to increase your count is search for things you aren't sure about regarding your BB, and when you find a post answering your question, thank the person who answered it. Its nice to know that there are people who know how to use the search function.

01-02-10 07:46 AM
    I can understand some of the heartache being raised. Take me for example. I don't post a whole lot. I've only had a BB since July, but I'm on here almost daily. I like to read the posts, see what problems and solutions are being posted and go on about my business. Just because I don't have hundreds of posts doesn't mean I don't understand the BB. There may be other members just the same.
    01-02-10 08:32 AM
    I can understand some of the heartache being raised. Take me for example. I don't post a whole lot. I've only had a BB since July, but I'm on here almost daily. I like to read the posts, see what problems and solutions are being posted and go on about my business. Just because I don't have hundreds of posts doesn't mean I don't understand the BB. There may be other members just the same.
    I would have to agree. I am very much the same. I come here and read everyday but only post if I feel like it will actually add to the discussion or answer a question that hasn't been answered. I hate when people re-answer a question that has been answered 5x in a thread just to add to their post count.
    01-02-10 09:31 AM
    guys just keep in mind, mods frown upon spamming and threadwhoring trying to up your post count. if you spend 10 minutes browsing, you can legitimately gain your 10 posts. they will delete bumping posts meant to increase count. it may stink, but it keeps the garbage down to a minimum. im surprised this thread hasnt been locked considering the OP admitted to his attempt to increase post count in it. be a daily member, with legitimate contributions, and your post count will soar in no time.
    I agree with most of what you are saying D, BUT I feel we should leave this thread open, it's a legitimate question/complaint. And the OP did not spam his/her own thread JUST to get the count up, just expressed the issue with 1 post.

ALSO I am going to move this to site questions.
    01-02-10 09:37 AM
    Also I read in another post about someone asking about the 10 count post "cramping their style" so to speak and "Crackberry Kevin", posted to it and said he may modify the restriction some.I am not sure if he has yet tho .
    01-02-10 09:42 AM
    If we allowed the SPAM bots to post links, images or send PM, our member would be subject to the worst of the internet SPAM.

Makes sense to me. The spammers are getting more and more sophisticated. I think the owner and moderators have the experience to appropriately deal with these matters.
    01-02-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD