KB36766-BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

Reports of this are building by the hour. Autoloader or going back to 10.2 won't help. This is major and people need warning.

Posted on my now almost useless z30 that won't wake up
    03-04-15 10:20 AM
    I wonder if this could be as simple as a bad batch of screens. I had a cheap replacement screen on mine, months ago, and my battery went dead, same behavior. I had the old cracked screen yet and put it back on and have been good since, even with a new replacement screen. Although I have never let my phone die since.
    03-04-15 10:36 AM
    I don't believe it's the same this myself. I firmly believe it's an issue in firmware. With almost 20 years experience in tech support, I've seen lots of issues with firmware doing crappie like this. I just hope BlackBerry gets a fix out fast

kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-15 10:39 AM
    Yep. Could just be a coincidence.
    03-04-15 10:40 AM
    How many threads/posts are you going to create for this matter?

We get it, you work in tech support. We get it, you have experience in software. Have you tried opening it up and reconnect the display cable or replace the display? Keep making these threads and posts is not going to help making the display work again.

People experience the black screen BEFORE the 10.3.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:00 AM

We get it, you work in tech support. We get it, you have experience in software. Have you tried opening it up and reconnect the display cable or replace the display? Keep making these threads and posts is not going to help making the display work again.

Posted via CB10
    Why would I play with the display? It's not hardware. BlackBerry have admitted it's an issue with 10.3

If I'm bugging you with this, don't read but if I can keep even one more person from having a useless z30. I'll keep posting

You say to me. All these posts won't help my screen turn on. Your right,( what a useless this to say to me) but this is about helping others. Get it?

kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-15 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you even visit the link I posted?

I just read that BlackBerry have now pulled the z30 update to all carriers. This is a big deal.
    03-04-15 11:09 AM
    Why would I play with the display? It's not hardware. BlackBerry have admitted it's an issue with 10.3

If I'm bugging you with this, don't read but if I can keep even one more person from having a useless z30. I'll keep posting

You say to me. All these posts won't help my screen turn on. Your right,( what a useless this to say to me) but this is about helping others. Get it?

Because you're tech support. Gotta be efficient on both software and hardware problems.

The reason is because those that opened up the Z30 has successfully revive their phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:15 AM
    Because you're tech support. Gotta be efficient on both software and hardware problems.

The reason is because those that opened up the Z30 has successfully revive their phones.

Posted via CB10
    Is that only if they don't let the battery die again?
    03-04-15 11:26 AM
    Please show me a thread where someone has a z30 that had the black screen that wouldn't wake up that fixed it with a replacement screen.

I've read of a few people who did just that and it didn't help, cause it a software issue. Are you really suggesting all of us with dead z30's killed our screens at the same time? Please, this isn't a trivial issue, BB have pulled the z30 update, telling people to replace their screens isn't helping them or the issue at all.

Sorry, I'm not being a tool, I would really like to see this thread or threads.
    03-04-15 12:42 PM
    Please show me a thread where someone has a z30 that had the black screen that wouldn't wake up that fixed it with a replacement screen.
    I've read of a few people who did just that and it didn't help, cause it a software issue. Are you really suggesting all of us with dead z30's killed our screens at the same time? Please, this isn't a trivial issue, BB have pulled the z30 update, telling people to replace their screens isn't helping them or the issue at all.
    Sorry, I'm not being a tool, I would really like to see this thread or threads.
    Re: Z30 will not turn on / charge after battery dr... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    This dude somehow let the unit fixed itself.
    03-04-15 01:13 PM
    This issue and others are already stickied:
    Known issues with BlackBerry 10.3.1 update
    Item #10

The fact that you missed it shows how much attention is given to stickied threads. So, we don't need another one for this single issue.

/closed
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 03-04-15 at 05:33 PM.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-04-15 01:16 PM