Anyone know why the forums look like this from my 9780? It's been like this since I got the phone (about 2 months ago) and it's bugging the **** out of me...

04-21-11 03:01 PM
    Have you got it set to mobile view. I think there's something at the bottom of the page where you can change it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 03:31 PM
    OS problem. 9650 .524 does it.
    I use opera mini. Its just faster.

It allows for column view though.

04-21-11 03:35 PM
    I have the same - very annoying!!! - problem since a few weeks.
    As far as I can remeber this came suddenly, without an update on my Bold 9780.
    At this time I used firmware 480, now I still have this with the actual 534. :-(

Maybe flushing the browser cache could be helpful?

Would be great if anyone could help!

Daniel

05-04-11 03:10 PM
    Unfortunately flushing the browser cache did not help ... arrgghh ...

05-04-11 03:14 PM
    It does that on my 9650 running 6.0.431. But it's the same on the iPad and the Samsung Fascinate, too. I don't know what causes it, but I agree Opera Mini is the answer!

05-04-11 04:35 PM
    Check in Options> General Properties

Set your Default View > Column

Yep. Known issue with all the 500 series builds so far. It's actually a bug with the CB site and how it decides what font size to display. And it is only with the forum page in the mobile site. You might notice that the other tabs (blogs, apps, etc. ), look more normal. Albeit, still a bit to small for my taste on my Torch. It should read off the browsers default text size while in mobile view.

There are several theads scattered around here about this. Also check the "Site Questions & Bugs" section.

Last edited by joeldf; 05-04-11 at 05:55 PM.
    Check in Options> General Properties

Set your Default View > Column

OS 6 browser doesn't have that option anymore.

05-04-11 04:49 PM
    @OP - theres a thread on this issue in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/cra...te-bug-601407/ forum.

Opera Mini does display it better, but it's a little quirky sometimes, to the point that I'd really like to go back to the BB browser. The problem has something to do with how the browser renders the big CB header graphic at the top of the page.
    05-04-11 05:34 PM
    OS 6 browser doesn't have that option anymore.

That sucks. Can you change the minimum browser font to 14?

05-04-11 05:34 PM
    That sucks. Can you change the minimum browser font to 14?

Setting the "default font size", which is the only setting now, has no effect - and never did even before the 500 series builds turned the text into 2 pixel-high lines.

That's the problem.

Sure, you can "double-tap" to zoom, and that is where the font size kicks in, but that is worthless in the response window.

05-04-11 06:07 PM
    I've resorted to using BerryBlab or Tapatalk, since the default browser is pretty much unusable without a ton of clicking to zoom.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-11 08:31 PM
    I click and hold briefly. The page zooms up into a very readable mobile format. Escape takes me back to the tiny font. I haven't had to do a lot of zooming. 9670/6.0.0.522

05-05-11 12:10 AM
    @OP - theres a thread on this issue in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/cra...te-bug-601407/ forum.

Opera Mini does display it better, but it's a little quirky sometimes, to the point that I'd really like to go back to the BB browser. The problem has something to do with how the browser renders the big CB header graphic at the top of the page.
    yes there is a thread but still no resolution ?
    05-05-11 02:58 PM
    I also posted a thread about this a year ago, this problem dates back to the 9700. I really believe it can be fixed with one line of code, but the CB team has shown little interest:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/cb-...9700-a-469902/

05-05-11 03:03 PM
    Moving thread to Site Questions and Bug Reporting Forum

I also posted a thread about this a year ago, this problem dates back to the 9700. I really believe it can be fixed with one line of code, but the CB team has shown little interest:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/cb-...9700-a-469902/

Very busy with other things is the more likely answer, BUT I KNOW Kevin has seen that thread and the proposed solution, I pointed it out to him myself!
    05-05-11 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD