Anyone else somewhat befuddled by this?
    I like the idea of having one or the other, but in my ever so humble opinion it's superfluous to have both. If I thank someone for saying something, isn't it inherent that I like what they said? And if I make it known that I like something someone says, isn't it implied that I thank them for it?
    I need to sit down before my poor little head explodes.

PS - Everyone Like AND Thank my post if you agree

And yeah, I know this question would be better asked in the Site Questions and Discussions, but I wanted to get some discussion on the issue before the thread gets banished to that barren wasteland
    Laura Knotek, trucky and SavvyBB like this.
    07-07-11 12:24 AM
    Like the post if you enjoyed what they said.

Thank the user if they helped you with something.

SCrid2000 and pkcable like this.
    07-07-11 12:26 AM
    So if I both enjoyed your post and was helped by it, do both?
    anon(3733516) and pkcable like this.
    07-07-11 12:27 AM
    yessir!

07-07-11 12:27 AM
    I am equally befuddled. Most of the message boards/forums I belong to have a place to check if you want to add to a user's reputation, but that is it. This is the only site with both the "like" and "thanks".
    07-07-11 12:28 AM
    For me, when someone helps me out/posts useful information, or posts something nice in response to a post I made, I 'thank' them.

If someone posts something funny, cool, or interesting, I 'like' the post.

Kind of a subtle difference... but there is one.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-07-11 01:17 AM
    In my opinion there is definitely a difference between Like and Thanks.

Just because someone posts something I like it doesn't mean that I'm thankful that it was posted. Often times I read something that I find amusing but isn't particularly helpful - I liked what I read but it was random and not really useful to the thread...
    mobibiz likes this.
    07-07-11 07:46 AM
    Explained better than I could! I'm just going to move this to Site Questions. I did thank several of you thou.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    07-07-11 08:02 AM
    I did notice that when someone "likes" what you said, it shows up in your user profile as if they "like" you. Whereas "thanks" are almost anonymous until you check the post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD