When was the like button added to every post?
    I know Crackberry was going to be adding a +1 button to the site.... is this part of that?
    How is it different from the thanks?
    Technerd.McLeod and rrrebo like this.
    06-20-11 08:19 AM
    Well I've found that I would rather "like" some posts, thanks to Facebook, rather then "thank" the person. To me, thanking is when that person answers your question or you learned something from the post. Liking is when you just, well.. Like it.
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 08:33 AM
    hmmm just seems a little excessive to me. Watch, now everyone is gunna put that in their signature too. lol
    rrrebo and ridesno159 like this.
    06-20-11 08:52 AM
    I guess we need multiple ways to give gradification to people...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rrrebo and howarmat like this.
    06-20-11 09:02 AM
    i dont think its needed really either, i use the thanks like i would a like button. i think most people do.
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 09:44 AM
    Moved to Site Questions.

From what I'm told, it is part of a new plug in that was just installed. Kevin, or another Admin (Bla1ze or Adam) will hopefully provide more info.

EDIT: Guess we are gonna need a Top Liked List now? Oy Vey! (Quick everyone like this post so I can get on the Top liked list!!!!!! j/k)
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 10:00 AM
    Moved to Site Questions.

From what I'm told, it is part of a new plug in that was just installed. Kevin, or another Admin (Bla1ze or Adam) will hopefully provide more info.

EDIT: Guess we are gonna need a Top Liked List now? Oy Vey! (Quick everyone like this post so I can get on the Top liked list!!!!!! j/k)
    Having a "Thanks" and a "Like" button is sort of like wearing suspenders and a belt!
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 10:11 AM
    Having a "Thanks" and a "Like" button is sort of like wearing suspenders and a belt!
    Hahaha well said...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 10:23 AM
    Moved to Site Questions.

Sorry about posting in the wrong section, thanks for moving it.
    I really shouldn't come on here early in the morning lol
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 10:25 AM
    Sorry about posting in the wrong section, thanks for moving it.
    I really shouldn't come on here early in the morning lol
    Nay you were fine! It's just a BETTER fit here. We were ALL shaking our heads when it popped up this morning. Eventually Kevin, or one of the other Admin's will tell us what's up.
    rrrebo likes this.
    06-20-11 01:55 PM
    *Still shaking head* lol

But their is some behind the scene stuff happening
    06-20-11 02:25 PM
    If they are gonna have a Like button, at least make it into a real damn button instead of just the word all alone there out in the post field.

If there is a reason for this new feature then it may be to make CrackBerry even more positive that it already is.
    06-20-11 02:35 PM
    hmmm just seems a little excessive to me. Watch, now everyone is gunna put that in their signature too. lol
    Another way for the chronically insecure to measure their self-worth, right behind post counts and thanks counts? Maybe they count how many threads they lock too.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-20-11 at 02:42 PM.
    06-20-11 02:40 PM
    where is this rrrebo fella.... most positive person on here liking everything lol.
    06-20-11 02:42 PM
    Another way for the chronically insecure to measure their self-worth, right behind post counts and thanks counts? Maybe they count how many threads the lock too.
    nothing wrong with getting your ego stroked once and a while... wait we can see how many threads got locked of ours???

jk jk
    06-20-11 02:44 PM
    nothing wrong with getting your ego stroked once and a while... wait we can see how many threads got locked of ours???

jk jk
    lol....if you're coming here for an ego stroke, you have big issues, but I know some regulars on here live for it
    06-20-11 02:54 PM
    Can we have a dislike button too?
    lol
    06-20-11 05:42 PM
    Can we have a dislike button too?
    lol
    Now that I would like! I'm sure that won't ever happen though, need to stay positive on CB I suppose...
    06-20-11 05:52 PM
    Glad the "like" button was added before the rendering of the m.crackberry site was fixed. At least we know the priorities.
    06-20-11 06:51 PM
    Hey All,

We were doing maintenance updating of our forums software and modules, and the new like button was a bit of an unexpected addition of one of the module updates.

We will get a button made for it so it looks better.

In case you haven't noticed, the Like button is actually awesome and is a LOT different than thanks, due to what happens after you like a post. Notice when you go to the start of a thread, there's a new Like button at the top right corner of the thread, which when click drops down a tree with top liked posts. This is AWESOME. If you have a thread with 400 pages, instead of clicking through post after post to find the best posts on the thread, odds are you'll find them here and be able to jump right to them. That said, Thanks and Like are pretty much the same thing from a user perspective, so we'll figure out how to change things up here so they make the most sense. I like the way the Like button functions, but i know people like their Thanks too. The plot thickens...

As for our list of other things to do and priorities.. trust me, the list is LONG... working on checking them all off. Think I'll start a thread in the forums this week for everybody to give me their list of nagging things they want fixed/addressed and we'll re-prioritize and keep trying to make progress on them.

Kevin
    howarmat, ridesno159 and pkcable like this.
    06-20-11 09:17 PM
    im out of thanks so i had to hit he like button for you kevin lol
    06-20-11 09:21 PM
    im out of thanks so i had to hit he like button for you kevin lol
    I was able to do BOTH!
    06-20-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD