Ca.crackberry.com ca.shopandroid.com. These websites are jointly operated by Tibo Distribution Inc. (TDI) and Smartphone Experts (SPE). We recognize the importance of the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information provided to us by our customers and we have always been committed to protecting this information. Regrettably, we are writing to inform you of an incident with the American partner, Smartphone Experts (SPE), that has exposed some of your information to unlawful access by a third party.

On July 12, 2013, SPE suspected that a very sophisticated foreign hacker had gained access to their order billing system. SPE immediately took steps to verify if we had been victimized and hired a forensic investigator. The hacker had used tactics to specifically mask their actions that made discovering the fraud difficult. Nonetheless, once discovered, SPE immediately took the necessary steps to stop the fraudsters and also notified law enforcement, including the American Secret Service; however, the information collected through payments completed on our websites between April 25, 2012 and July 12, 2013 may have been accessed by the fraudsters.

This incident does not affect customers who made payments by credit card through our PayPal Express Checkout.

Although credit card information is encrypted when it is stored in the SPE system, the investigation revealed that the hacker may have had the technical ability to use a decryption feature of the system to view the name, address, credit card account number, CVV code, and the card?s expiration date associated with orders in the system. We are working with credit card companies to protect the cardholders that may have been affected.

Out of an abundance of caution, we are notifying you of the incident so you can take steps to protect your card from any attempted misuse. We recommend that you remain vigilant to the possibility of unauthorized charges on your card by reviewing your account statements. You should immediately report any unauthorized charges on your card to your financial institution because the major credit card companies have rules that typically guarantee cardholders will not be responsible for fraudulent charges.

We want to assure you that we are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information and are taking this matter seriously. SPE immediately undertook measures to prevent any further unauthorized access and engaged a leading data security firm to complete an investigation. In addition, SPE has implemented additional technical safeguards and has conducted a comprehensive internal review of their practices and procedures in order to prevent an incident like this from occurring in the future.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at +1-877-218-0049, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. (Closed on U.S. observed holidays.) Please be prepared to provide the following ten digit reference number when calling: *REDACTED*.

From my Z10
    08-09-13 01:14 PM
    Sorry new to this I just got this email from the company that runs the Web site purchase side... i thought everyone should know

From my Z10
    08-09-13 01:16 PM
    Got the same email, sucks, I hope this doesn't affect me.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:24 PM
    I got this too
    08-09-13 01:24 PM
    Got it, card already was hacked. At least I have piece of mind know when and with how.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:26 PM
    My credit card got charged $400 a while back in mid July! I got my money back but this is probably where my number got lost.

Kind of lost confidence with shopcrackberry.....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:27 PM
    So this is where my credit card got compromised haha. Had a phone call from my credit card company saying someone booked a trip on Expedia and a few other sites and maxed out my card. They blocked the transactions and sent me out a new card. At least they acknowledge the incident!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-09-13 01:29 PM
    Gotta love PayPal - no problems here!
    polgara59 and BryanVilla like this.
    08-09-13 01:35 PM
    There is more information in this thread from earlier this week, please continue the conversation there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...cation-836488/
    08-09-13 01:47 PM