As of late, I have noticed many (well a select few) people holding just your average day conversations in the Curve 8900 theme forums. The problem I have with this is that these people are building up their post counts simply by just talking amongst themselves and not really giving any knowledge. Basically, they're not earning their rep that normally comes with a post count!

Before you start flaming, I know the whole post count deal isn't all that important, but, put yourself in a newbies shoes...

You have a problem that you can't figure out on your own. So you ask for help. Then you check back in on the thread and you find 10-15 posts giving different answers. Which persons post are you gonna trust? The one that has a higher post count or the one that has a lower post count. You're gonna go with the higher one! And now, what if that person with a high post count has no idea what they're talking about? What's the newbie gonna do? Probably go somewhere else and never trust Crackberry as a reliable source of information.

So there in lies the deal with the rep associated with a post count. They didn't earn their rep by helping others, giving advice and learning, so that they could use what they learned to help someone in the future! They earned their "rep" by just talking amongst themselves. Which in turn could give Crackberry a bad rep!

I don't know what a solution to this would be, I just had to rant about it. Carry on...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 11:13 PM
    So how was your day skullgame45?
    07-03-09 11:17 PM
    Serious, please!?! No smart-a$$es needed right now! I'm too tired to deal with them!

07-03-09 11:20 PM
    SG45,

I'm away on vacation so not in the ideal situation to handle things, BUT I;m sure my fellow mods can handle this. Go to a couple of these threads and use the report button (triangle with !, or !!! on WAP) and we will be happy to review those threads and remove the OT posts if warranted.
    07-04-09 09:33 AM
    Bump...

Great read and excellent points made here.

07-13-09 01:20 PM
    My two cents: I don't care about/notice post counts, If someone has a lower PC does that mean that person is an *****/doesn't know what he/she is talking about? Seems kind of biased to assume that. I care about the content of what is being said. True there may be differences in answers but it would never occur to me to blindly take the opinion of someone who has posted more often than the other.
    I'm not speaking against any particular poster, I'm speaking generally based on the subject of the thread.

Edit.. I didn't realize I couldn't say the word ldi0t here.
    Last edited by gemsong; 08-17-09 at 04:12 PM.
    08-17-09 04:09 PM
    So, how do you download a theme?
    08-17-09 04:25 PM
    This is the "Site Questions and Bug Reporting" forum.
    You might want to check out the theme forum here. http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
    08-17-09 05:08 PM
    Hulk Smash!!!
    08-17-09 05:10 PM
    Not a post I expected from you!!!

08-17-09 07:06 PM
    This is the "Site Questions and Bug Reporting" forum.
    You might want to check out the theme forum here. http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
    I know where I posted this thread at! And that's exactly where it's gonna stay!

08-17-09 07:08 PM
    My two cents: I don't care about/notice post counts, If someone has a lower PC does that mean that person is an *****/doesn't know what he/she is talking about? Seems kind of biased to assume that. I care about the content of what is being said. True there may be differences in answers but it would never occur to me to blindly take the opinion of someone who has posted more often than the other.
    I'm not speaking against any particular poster, I'm speaking generally based on the subject of the thread.

Edit.. I didn't realize I couldn't say the word ldi0t here.
    Ok then, I welcome you to go into the 8900 theme threads and view all the nonsense posts that are being made. That's what I'm referring to!

Maybe I should have rephrased the title to only include the 8900 theme forum, but I didn't and I clearly state what theme forum I'm talking about in my original post.

Last edited by skullgame45; 08-17-09 at 07:13 PM.
    08-17-09 07:10 PM
    lol...i know u r kidding.
    08-19-09 10:11 AM
    I know where I posted this thread at! And that's exactly where it's gonna stay!
    gemsong's replying 2 SevereDeceit.
    08-19-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD