What happens to Kevin's baby, Crackberry, if Blackberry's demise really does come to pass?

I'd imagine that Crackberry has steadily declined along with Blackberry over the last few years. Blackberry's high point probably was 2007-2009, with the decline beginning sometime in 2010.
    08-12-13 04:05 PM
    As long as there are devices out there, people will come.

It's future proofed with the likes of imore and android central.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:09 PM
    If that is the case, then it really remains to be seen. The brand Blackberry is still a very strong and viable brand that "will" live on for years to come. There are support agreements with countries, government agencies, corporations and consumers alike and if BB is sold, the buyer is fully aware of the brands promises. BB will be servicing phones, updating OS's and more for quite some time.

So with this, Crackberry too (all things Blackberry) will be around to mix it up with us for some time to come.

Go BB!
    08-12-13 04:10 PM
    CrackQNX? But seriously that day wont happen that BlackBerry is disappeared into the nevermore nor CrackBerry.
    08-12-13 04:13 PM
    What happens to Kevin's baby, Crackberry, if Blackberry's demise really does come to pass?

I'd imagine that Crackberry has steadily declined along with Blackberry over the last few years. Blackberry's high point probably was 2007-2009, with the decline beginning sometime in 2010.
    Why would BlackBerry die? The worse could happened is being sold, still a solid phone,i personally think BlackBerry if sold would be a strong force to deal with, just wait and see....

Golf=passion
    Rohit_K likes this.
    08-12-13 04:13 PM
    If we were nearing Blackberry's End, This would probably happen:

webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help

Some people might laugh but it makes me sad!
    bekkay likes this.
    08-12-13 04:16 PM
    As long as there are devices out there, people will come.

It's future proofed with the likes of imore and android central.

Posted via CB10
    Probably. But web traffic has to decline along with Blackberry's end. I'd bet Crackberry's web traffic has been in decline since the Blackberry bubble burst and people steadily left the platform for others.

Looking back at Blackberry (my first smartphone) I still can't believe how at the time they really genuinely tried to pass the Storm 9530 (aka Storm 1) as a viable and real iPhone alternative. Really makes you think someone was smoking something up in corporate back then.
    08-12-13 04:16 PM
    It depends...if Prem Watsa takes it private then it will do fine over time...if it's sold outright which is very un- likely then CB will also have to go...Most likely CB does fine, participation rate will significantly drop though is public shareholders dissappear.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:17 PM
    Kind of surprised at the reaction to today's news. BlackBerry will continue but I think you will see a move to take the company private. But they will still be there and the phones will remain as well giving us users a need for a place like this. I for one think the move will help in the end and make blackberry a stronger company in the end.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:25 PM
    MobileNations websites for platforms that go under should be moved to deadOSnation.com
    08-12-13 04:27 PM
    What End are you referring too? The end of the month or week or today.. in all cases CB and BB will be here.

All that is going on is they are looking for partners or someone to buy it OR go private.

Partner : If this happens BB is here to stay for awhile longer (ie 2 years +)
    Buy out : If this happens BB will still be here as that company will have deep pockets and will want to make money on their investment. BB got the DoD MDM contract and that is just the starting point of good news. If say Samsung bought BB they wouldn't have to try and get KNOX to work (cause is shelved currently)

Private: If this happens well even better cause then we wouldn't have to listen to Market analyst make up target goals and complain when BB doesn't reach them and then suffer as we watch the SP plunge. They can just keep doing what BB has told us they are doing, releasing 6 new phones every year and updating and supporting both OS10 and OS7.

SOO... in all cases CB will still be here.
    nquyen and sergey_IL like this.
    08-12-13 04:46 PM
    If the company goes private, there will be less to write about on CrackBerry. Private companies do not attract alot of news. So I see your point. It would probably mean less editorials from CrackBerry Kevin and company on this site.

Kind of surprised at the reaction to today's news. BlackBerry will continue but I think you will see a move to take the company private. But they will still be there and the phones will remain as well giving us users a need for a place like this. I for one think the move will help in the end and make blackberry a stronger company in the end.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    08-12-13 04:47 PM
    Blackberry won't die...they will come out strong!
    08-12-13 04:50 PM
    I doubt it. The troll population here has grown exponentially in the last couple of years.
    Lehomer likes this.
    08-12-13 05:23 PM
    Take a trip on over to amigaworld.net. A site for Amiga addicts. Commodore-Amiga Inc went bankrupt in 1994. 19 years ago. The site is still supporting the community. Addicts need a place to go!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    08-12-13 05:24 PM
    same thing that happened to hp webos nation/precentral.net.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 08-12-13 at 06:41 PM.
    08-12-13 05:48 PM
    How in God's name do you make the leap from today's news to the imminent end of BlackBerry??
    nquyen and sergey_IL like this.
    08-12-13 06:03 PM
    Why are you surprised? It's in the BB faithful's nature to root for the underdog in an altruistic and somewhat naive manner. I'm a member of the BB faithful and I absolutely hate, with a passion the idea that I'd be stuck with only Droid, iOS or WP in my pocket. Hell, if BB goes away, I might figure out how to get a Sailfish or Firefox phone running on Verizon.

Everyone who is posting outraged comments, like me, is...outraged. It's like your underdog team selling you a season ticket and then moving in the middle of the night to another city.

Thor hyped, Thor played, Thor failed. And I get to live with a phone that might not see new feature or new apps for the next 18 months.
    08-12-13 06:12 PM
    If your suffering from the business version of Emphysema, as today's news indicates, your days as the company we envisioned are numbered. BB may survive, but if it is a subsidiary of Sony or Lenovo, or they have a controlling interest, then BB is nothing better than another Apple or Microsoft.
    08-12-13 06:14 PM
    So far, the trolls were right.
    08-12-13 06:15 PM
    Really so you think taking this company private is a failure? Well I see this a good thing cause now you can focus on your product without having to worry about shareprice for your holders. Look at last quarter they sold 2.6 million BB10 phones, more Z and Q as Q was just out for 2 months. Yet they didn't meet EXPECTATIONS of Wall Street of 3.7million so what happened? Shares tanked. They sold 2.6 million Z10's and the previous quarter they sold 1million Z10's. They increased but not enuff.

This is like a parent spanking you on your **** because you went from a C grade to a B grade yet they expected you to get an A++.
    08-12-13 06:28 PM
    I'm sure that's what everyone said about Palm before its demise. The Palm Pre and WebOS were actually quite good.

National Rail Times App for BB10 (Native Q10 and Z10) - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20352963
    08-12-13 06:29 PM
    If your suffering from the business version of Emphysema, as today's news indicates, your days as the company we envisioned are numbered. BB may survive, but if it is a subsidiary of Sony or Lenovo, or they have a controlling interest, then BB is nothing better than another Apple or Microsoft.
    This is only one possible scenario of many that this new committee is evaluating. Of course the typically drama-seeking media will have us all believe a complete sale is the only outcome, but in fact very little has changed since over a year ago when the company announced it had hired a couple of investment banks to evaluate -- hold on -- the very same thing this internal committee is now charged with doing. Guess what -- BBRY IS NOT YET FOR SALE. It isn't going bankrupt, it isn't closing its doors, nothing has changed from two days ago other than the public acknowledgement that high level internal execs are looking more seriously at strategic options.

The depths of stupidity of the American media and the blind sheep who swallow their every word and syllable never ceases to boggle my simple mind.
    08-12-13 09:41 PM
    Really so you think taking this company private is a failure? Well I see this a good thing cause now you can focus on your product without having to worry about shareprice for your holders. Look at last quarter they sold 2.6 million BB10 phones, more Z and Q as Q was just out for 2 months. Yet they didn't meet EXPECTATIONS of Wall Street of 3.7million so what happened? Shares tanked. They sold 2.6 million Z10's and the previous quarter they sold 1million Z10's. They increased but not enuff.

This is like a parent spanking you on your **** because you went from a C grade to a B grade yet they expected you to get an A++.
    Completely agree. Going private at this point could be the best thing that could possibly happen.
    08-12-13 09:42 PM
    Go to webosnation.com and read the forums, the history repeats itself. Different nicknames but the same reactions, some fans kept the faith until the very end.
    08-12-13 10:01 PM
40 12