It's been a while so I don't recall what sort of captcha/bot-protections Crackberry uses, but I think they need to be updated. =/
    02-13-10 11:10 AM
    The only spam protection currently in use is user reporting.
    02-13-10 11:13 AM
    That's too bad because I hate seeing spam. It's a shame that people do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 11:44 AM
    I don't see too many spam messages, which I despise as well... I love recaptcha, esp the randomness of the words, I've gotten some very odd odd/funny word combos.. (IE: today I got 'overeating tears' and prev was '20lb midget') However, I find alot of whining in the Tour threads.. Need a filter for that
    02-13-10 12:13 PM
    I see tons of spam daily. It seems to hit after midnite. I've reported up to a dozzen in one night. I'm usually scrolling around CB while watching TV. I find it in General Discussion, How to, and really heavily in 87xx. I'm sure it comes up in other places I don't cruise. A lot of it comes right back on within minutes after its taken off. These guys are fast. I cruise thru again before I hit the rack, and find a whole new batch. I work swingshift so my hours are screwy, but good for yanking spam. I posted on the spam sticky in 'How To' and they spammed the sticky heavy that night. I call it 'Hunting wild spam'. Its almost like a video game at CB. You get it taken off and see where it pops up next, and how fast. Its like 'Whack-a-mole'. Too bad there's no way to score it. There'd be no spam at all if we made a game out of it. It even pops up in off topic, and people will post around it like its not there and just leave it. These are like intruders in the house. They are making money while they're there. They are easy to find since all new posts go to the top. Just check the last page of the top 2 or 3 threads and that's where it will be if its there. Hit the [!!] button and type 'spam' in the box, hit the report button. Then check back later and see how much if it came back with a new user name. You may be amazed... Thanks, rippedvanwinkle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD