does anyone know how i apply to be a moderator ?
    02-02-09 05:26 PM
    You express interest to a current moderator, and then you have to show that you are here to better the community, and be helpful and respectful to the other members. Then if and when they feel the time is right, they will contact you.

I believe this to be accurate from what I have heard, as I wish to be one as well. Mods correct me if this statement is not true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:29 PM
    While 25 posts probably isn't enough experience with a community to be moderator-material, your best bet to increase your chances is basically do the opposite of whatever I do.

Want to be a moderator? Don't be like Norsk
    02-02-09 05:34 PM
    Just for the record, how many posts does it take to be a moderator?

02-02-09 05:50 PM
    Just for the record, how many posts does it take to be a moderator?

There is no designated post count that will get you to be a moderator. New moderators are chosen by the existing ones, and Kevin I believe. Its not always about the quantity of the posts, but more importantly the QUALITY of them...
    02-02-09 05:52 PM
    While 25 posts probably isn't enough experience with a community to be moderator-material, your best bet to increase your chances is basically do the opposite of whatever I do.

Want to be a moderator? Don't be like Norsk
    ROFL!!!!!!! Anyways to the OP, you might want to check out THIS section of the Forum. It has the site rules and announcements, and other stuff like that.
    02-02-09 05:56 PM
    ...you have to show that you are here to better the community, and be helpful and respectful to the other members.
    Apparently that completely counts me out. I made a post last week suggesting to an OP that he/she "needs to search harder" and within five minutes was PM'd by a current moderator (won't say who) asking me not to make any "rude posts." Then had the nerve to ask me not to "fire back" at him/her (the same mod) in the thread. He/she automatically assumed that I would resort to childish behavior by scolding him/her. I replied with a chuckle and said that person didn't have to worry about that. But please, give me a break.
    Last edited by poe1983; 02-02-09 at 06:07 PM.
    02-02-09 05:57 PM
    There's no point in being rude to other people, especially when it comes to technology. Everyone has their limits But anyways, back to the response; quality is always better than quantity. Don't want a whole lot of bs and gibberish, and absolutely no competence moderating, do we? Haha

02-02-09 07:08 PM
    I would say that yes quality has alot to do with it but, having the time and proving to be a dedicated person would help too. These mods here do a tough job...its not an easy task, I know from running my own sites. I dont really know how one becomes a mod. Would I do it if asked...sure but I am by no means on the same level as most of the mods here...and I'll leave it at that.
    02-02-09 09:52 PM
    I agree. Being a Moderator must be a tough job, and I applaud all of them on this site. There's always more to learn, though.

02-02-09 09:54 PM
    They have a tough job to do and I commend them for it. There are only 14 and as big as this site is for them to keep all the crap out of here is truly amazing.
    02-02-09 10:00 PM
    No joke! This site seems to be pretty huge...

02-02-09 10:01 PM
    Yes there is always more to learn. But lets say one person is in a pinch and others just cant seem to help them out. They start looking for MODS. You cant just be a mod...guess I'm saying you gotta prove your worth.
    02-02-09 10:03 PM
    Amen to that. How much good with this site actually be doing without the helping hands of people that actually know what ther are doing?

02-02-09 10:06 PM
    The current mods of Kevin will ask you to be a mod. As far as I know there is no application process. The mods as a group will discuss it with Kevin I am sure, and proceed from there.
    02-02-09 10:11 PM
    There is no designated post count that will get you to be a moderator. New moderators are chosen by the existing ones, and Kevin I believe. Its not always about the quantity of the posts, but more importantly the QUALITY of them...
    Yes post count is not the most important. Quality posts that are helpful to others is the most important. Also we look at the frequency members are on as well. We also dont want to see members getting into arguments on the forums. Last, you are correct as well. The mods are chosen by the current mod team. We have to feel that we can worth with them on a daily basis.
    this is a big site with a lot of knowledge on it. Mods shouldn't have to ask anyone one to be nice that should be a given. you can't all ways fine what you are looking for by searching so if you know the answer then just give it to the person.
    Usually if you have to ask then there's a good chance you're not mod material.
    02-03-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD