Hey I've been trying to delete my account for 3 weeks now emails after emails and no responses I want my account deleted permanently! Can anyone help?
    01-20-14 10:24 AM
    Hey I've been trying to delete my account for 3 weeks now emails after emails and no responses I want my account deleted permanently! Can anyone help?
    and if you'll leave it, will not check it etc... even - change the name - will it bother you?!
    01-20-14 10:26 AM
    Hi Bruinsdiva8,

We do not delete member accounts. If you do not wish to use the account any longer, simply walk away from it. If you need the account locked up so you can no longer access it, we can do that for you.

Thanks
    Dave
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-20-14 11:04 AM
    Hey Dave okay! That would be great to lock it up!
    01-20-14 12:07 PM
    Done.... just go up to the top right corner of the page and click "log out" and you will be permanently logged out and not able to retrieve account access. Thanks

UPDATE: See? I didn't actually get your account locked up and you came back and posted a few days later. Proof to other members that taking time off and simply walking away for a few days is all you need.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02-02-14 at 10:05 PM. Reason: clarified
    01-20-14 12:28 PM
    thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:14 PM
    Sorry to see you go, OP.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    01-21-14 04:22 AM
    I would like my account to be locked up so that I can no longer access it.

Can you please do that for me?

I would like that done as soon as possible.

Thank you!!!!
    01-24-14 10:43 AM
    Why are people leaving? Well good luck to y'all, hope you find what you're looking for!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-24-14 11:01 AM
    Ha ha, well they're probably trying to break the addiction. Ya know Crack(berry) kills!!!
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-24-14 04:30 PM
    first, change your email address in your profile to some fake fake email address... then open a text editor and type gibberish into it, about 15 characters, just numbers and letters, all on one line. select it all and copy to the clipboard.

do a "change password" and paste the gibberish into the two "new password" fields and save.

Log out and you won't be able to log back in... but if you have logged in and set "remember me" on any mobile nations site on any other computer, tablet, etc. when you visit that site it will log you in without asking for a password (which is a bit of a security hole IMO). From there you could conceivably set your email address and password back to the "real" ones, so you'll have to log out there also.

Before you go, email a member of mobile nations management to tell them why... maybe they'll think you're a quack, but there are legitimate reasons to abandon discussion forums if you disagree with certain policies or the editorial stance, but things won't change if you just go quiet.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 01-24-14 at 06:57 PM.
    01-24-14 06:46 PM
    We should be able to do that for the accounts of the people who post "first" in all the blog posts & think it's funny.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 06:54 PM
    First !
    Shanerredflag and Barljo like this.
    01-24-14 06:55 PM
    First !
    Deleted.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-24-14 07:01 PM
    BANNED!

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-25-14 03:42 PM
    Mobile nations should give us the option to delete our accounts.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-26-14 07:48 AM
    Mobile nations should give us the option to delete our accounts.
    The way sites like this work there is a database where the userid data is "linked" to the posts and likes etc. so user accounts can't be deleted... like ropes in a net intertwined, you can't pull one out without causing all sorts of problems with the site... that's why posts even by banned members don't go away...and technically, once you post on discussion forums, the post is "owned" be the site owner, not you... although respectable sites like Mobile Nations do give you some control over your posts, like the ability to edit and "delete" them.... but a"deleted" post may just be hidden from public view on some sites.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 01-27-14 at 01:59 PM.
    01-26-14 03:08 PM
    The way sites like this work there is a database where the userid data is "linked" to the posts and likes etc. so user accounts can't be deleted... like ropes in a net intertwined, you can't pull one out without causing all sorts of problems with the site... that's why posts even by banned members don't go away...and technically, once you post on discussion forums, the post is "owned" be the site owner, not you... although respectable sites like Mobile Nations do give you some control over your posts, like the ability to edit and "delete" them

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the explanation!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-26-14 03:10 PM