I will try to include this guide in one of the next releases of my client BlackBullet.
    11-01-14 06:26 AM
    Hi QtHelex! So far so good on the app! It works as described.

I just noticed on the notification side that it will keep on beeping intermittently until you either click to read it or manually mark it as read on the app. Sometimes when I see a title and chose not to read it, it still beeps until I manually do something about it. I think it's enough to get 1 or 2 notification alarm per new feed. Just a suggestion

Cheers!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-01-14 11:49 AM
    Can you show me how to do this using PushBerry? Thanks!
    11-01-14 01:29 PM
    I just noticed on the notification side that it will keep on beeping intermittently until you either click to read it or manually mark it as read on the app. Sometimes when I see a title and chose not to read it, it still beeps until I manually do something about it. I think it's enough to get 1 or 2 notification alarm per new feed. Just a suggestion
    Strange, this shouldn't happen. I made even a limit to get not 5 beeps in a row in case you open the app and it receives several articles in a row. It should give in this case only a single notification alarm for the first push.
    But I will look into this again and maybe add a option to get only silent notifications from BlackBullet.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:36 PM

Sadly not. I have no access to the closed beta.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 04:19 AM
    When I open pushbullet, it says no devices found, what am I missing?
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141102_191033.png

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:41 AM
    The process is exactly the same with PushBerry too.

Follow my BBM channel
    11-02-14 09:28 AM
    When I open pushbullet, it says no devices found, what am I missing?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141102_191033.png 
Views:	793 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	311512
    Thats pretty normal if you're new to BlackBullet and the pushbullet network. Usually it is made to sent stuff between your devices like a text from your desktop or a link from your BlackBerry to your Firefox browser. What we're doing here with IFTTT.COM and CrackBerry is just a useful side effect.
    I'm currently recreating the whole documentation within the application. But I'm sure you will find at pushbullet.com everything you need to understand how it works.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:53 AM
    Good news!

While this solution has currently a delay of about 15 minutes I'm currently working on a solution which sents you a HUB notification within the first 2 minutes. I hope I will get it released in about two weeks.
    11-09-14 08:20 AM
    Good news!

While this solution has currently a delay of about 15 minutes I'm currently working on a solution which sents you a HUB notification within the first 2 minutes. I hope I will get it released in about two weeks.
    Wow! Will be waiting and watching out for this!!! Thank you!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-09-14 10:21 AM
    In case some of you have not already tried BlackBullet or saw it in action, there is in the meantime a video hands-on by DJ Reyes: A hands-on look at Pushbullet third party client BlackBullet for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    It shows also her fancy pebble smartwatch... guess what color she had chosen?

I'm sure it is worth to check out and maybe you could also leave a friendly posting in the comments.
    11-15-14 01:40 PM
    No complains anymore regarding the step by step guide from the first posting?
    anand_ma likes this.
    11-25-14 01:14 AM
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-ifttt.png
    I suggest to use "New feed item that matches instead" of "New feed item" and use keyword like "grabs" or "copies" :-). But the sad part is i dont see the redeem code in the hub, i have to visit the link which takes me to browser instead of CB10. With my slow internet, btw the time i respond all are gone.. But never mind honestly most the apps i really miss costs just a morning coffee. I will gladly buy them to support the dev. Afterall, if not fare to expect some one work for free for ever
    I'm currently working on a solution to get CrackBerry news (and a lot of other stuff) directly as a notification to my BlackBerry HUB. Very useful to stay up to date and to grab maybe just in time a good promotion code.

This setup is just a example of all the useful stuff you can do with this service. You can not only get news from CrackBerry, but also for sports, weather, your local newspaper or just sent a text or link from your desktop, syncronize your clipboard or get notified of stocks changes every evening directly to your pebble smartwatch.

What is still missing?

• Headless support (this is currently in preparation)
    • improved displaying of articles
    • needs to get a lot easier to setup

How does it currently works?

You setup a account at IFTTT.COM and connect it to pushbullet.com using your google account. You create a trigger at IFTTT.COM for CrackBerry news and the free version of the application BlackBullet at your device will get notified of the news short after they appeard at BlackBerry World.

What is needed?
    • Google Account
    • IFTTT.COM Account
    • Account at Pushbullet.com
    • The App BlackBullet

Setup:

1. Visit pushbullet.com and login to the service using your google account

2. Download BlackBullet and login to the pushbullet network

3. visit IFTTT.COM and create a account

4. create a trigger for CrackBerry.com at IFTTT:

• Select 'Create a Recipe' in the upper right of IFTTT.COM

• Click on the blue 'this'.

• Search for 'feed' and select the yellow rssfeed icon.

• Select the Option 'New feed item'.

• Fill in this feed url and press on 'Create Trigger':

First step solved, now click on the blue 'that' and tell the service what to do when a new article at CrackBerry gets posted.

Search Pushbullet in the list of available services. (you might need to connect IFTTT.COM and pushbullet at the first usage, follow the steps on the screen)

• Select 'Push a link'.

• Fill in the actions. The recommended setting is:

Title: EntryTitle EntryContent EntryAuthor
    Link URL: EntryUrl

Example: Attachment 309342

Now you have completed the setup. You get now every time a new article gets posted at CrackBerry a notification directly at your Hub.

NOTE:
    For now you need to keep BlackBullet open as a ActiveFrame to receive push notifications. But a headless version is already in preparation and will arrive soon as a free update. Also a improved displaying of articles will arrive soon.

Please provide feedback on this tutorial.
    I will try to make the setup easier over time, but for now we need to deal with the current setup.

I hope you already like it!
    11-26-14 12:14 AM
    Happy customer here, having purchased four of your apps. Just a quick note regarding a bug in BlackBullet. My Z30 is listed twice. Not a problem, but would be nice to have resolved. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 01:21 PM
    Happy customer here, having purchased four of your apps. Just a quick note regarding a bug in BlackBullet. My Z30 is listed twice. Not a problem, but would be nice to have resolved. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Myz10 is also listed twice.
    11-29-14 09:07 PM
    Same here after the last update.
    I'm not absolutely sure what caused this bug, but it is easy to fix for you. Just go to pushbullet.com, login and delete the second device. In case BlackBullet creates at the next startup again a device, delete the other one.

I'm really sorry for this and I hope it won't happen again. But I can't guarantee, thats the small drawback of a unfinished software in beta state I guess.
    12-01-14 01:12 AM
    I get my crackberry updates through twitter sms. Too bad they don't post everything in twitter.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:14 AM
    I get my crackberry updates through twitter sms. Too bad they don't post everything in twitter.
    Yes thats also a good way, but personally I would prefer it "more integrated"...
    The next few updates of BlackBullet should bring here a lot of improvements and make your twitter subscription obsolete.
    12-07-14 12:59 AM
    Yes thats also a good way, but personally I would prefer it "more integrated"...
    The next few updates of BlackBullet should bring here a lot of improvements and make your twitter subscription obsolete.
    I'm not sure about that lol.

I get all my sms messages, emails, notifications etc sent directly to my pebble watch.

If you add blackbullet integration with talk2watch app like other developers have done. I would say yes.

I only grab my phone to read or reply important messages. My watch works like a "beeper" device from back in the day.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 04:41 PM
    I get all my sms messages, emails, notifications etc sent directly to my pebble watch.

If you add blackbullet integration with talk2watch app like other developers have done. I would say yes.
    Just check the settings page of BlackBullet:
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141210_181244.png

It was one of the first features which got integrated.

I only grab my phone to read or reply important messages. My watch works like a "beeper" device from back in the day.
    Same here, I just would love to get a improved BBM notification at my Pebble - maybe only for a single contact, but thats up to BlackBerry

Sadly I've forgotten my pebble about 100km from here and it might need some days until I get it back. So I can't guarantee at the moment that the talk2watch integration would also work in the headless version of BlackBullet which should appear at any day at BlackBerry World. Would be great if you could verify if it works once the update go released.
    12-10-14 11:18 AM
    I'm using feed Minder.
    I don't need any accounts and get my news via keywords into my hub.

Anyway, I'm sure it's great work

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:26 PM
    I'm using feed Minder.
    I don't need any accounts and get my news via keywords into my hub.

Anyway, I'm sure it's great work
    Does feed Minder work headless?

Anyway, BlackBullet will pretty soon support a function feed Minder can't offer... apart from all the stuff like clipboard sync or push to Firefox...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 05:06 PM
    The new update for the CB10 app is out and I made some really useful adaptions within this app.

Thanks to this adaptions BlackBullet gets now able to open CB10 directly with the correct article. This improves the usability a lot because the CrackBerry website itself is huge and doesn't load as fast as the mobile app.

A Notification from CrackBerry looks like this at the HUB:
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141214_221742.png

And like this within BlackBullet:
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141214_222209.png

As you notice, at the bottom of the BlackBullet notification you see the CB10 logo. It opens instantly the CB10 app with the correct article:
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141214_222116.png

Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. Especially since it works in the meantime headless.
    12-14-14 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the step by step QT, I've got the app running headless and when I get a notification I see the following
    HOW TO: CB10 news alerts in Hub via BlackBullet-img_20141229_225128.png

I generally do not get a title

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the step by step QT, I've got the app running headless and when I get a notification I see the following
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141229_225128.png 
Views:	481 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	324032

I generally do not get a title

Posted via CB10
    Yes, in this case IFTTT hasn't accepted the "Makros" for the text blocks.

Check again this dialog at IFTTT.COM:

Is the text on a normal white background or with a gray shadow like at this image?

There might appear also a dropdown list when you click into this text box. Maybe it gets accepted by selecting from the list.
    12-30-14 01:45 AM
64 123