I notice that threads past their expiration date show up on the new post list more often than one would expect. Usually because someone takes a fleeting glance at the title and digs up a thread from the Bush administration instead of doing a cursory search of the forum, but that's a deeper problem.

Still, perhaps threads older than some period of time can get auto-locked? I mean, if the OP or other interested parties want to reboot discussion (and for good reasons) they can PM a mod to open it up, but this should help keep the forum clean and discussion fresh.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:27 PM
    I did not know it was bad protocol to reply to an old thread. Do others agree with this? If I have an interest in a topic I haven't seen already I would have not thought twice about commenting on it.

I also take no offense to some who types in caps lock as tho it hurts my ears or eyes too see it, I just skip topics I have no interest in.

Remember there are always new arrivals here who haven't yet seen the older topics of concern.
    12-04-14 12:25 AM
    We do review threads that come up like that all the time. Sometimes, it's just totally missing the date. Other times, someone is up to something, and we deal with that, too. If it looks out of order, hit the Report button and we'll look at it a lot faster.

That report button does a lot of good things, if you see something out there that isn't right, hit the button, tell us why, and the mod team will check it out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-07-14 04:55 PM