Okay so when I am NOT logged into Crackberry and I see a thread that I would like to reply to I will normally click "Reply" this takes me to a signup page.... this makes no sense, I want to reply not sign up.. I always then have to in the top right click the signup adn then go back and click reply. Not very intuitive.

How it should work:

When i am not logged in and i hit reply it should take me to the login page and right below that login is a "Not a member yet?? Click here to register"

I have no idea why but it drives me up the wall when I click reply and i am taken to the registration page.. Just curious if anyone else notices it does this?
    11-14-13 01:09 PM
    Not sure what to tell ya. I always keep myself logged in so I don't have to deal with it.
    11-14-13 01:30 PM
    I delete my cookies every time my browser closes... I just did it again to your message LOL
    11-14-13 01:46 PM
    If you don't clear your cookies, the site should remember you and keep you logged in, no?
    11-15-13 08:59 AM
    Sorry maybe were off point here, The point is not staying logged in, the point of the post was that why when you are not logged and you want to reply to a message the click takes you to the registration page not the login page.

Absolutely I can keep my cookies but I don't want to for security reason, I clean my history every time I kill my browser to stop cross site cookie retrieval and advertising and using them for unintended purposes. IE I log into Facebook then I go to Sears.ca and because they have a "Like is on Facebook" button that is being pulled from facebook.com then Facebook can read their cookie and tell what site asked for this content I visited use the cookie to associate to my user then advertise to me.. but again that is beside the point but cookies are used more for bad then they are good so I wipe them on every browser close.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-15-13 09:09 AM
    Well if you delete your cookies, the site has no idea that your a registered user, so it takes you where you need to be to become a registered user.
    11-15-13 09:58 AM
    Understood but if you go to any other forum on the internet the default action is to say, your not logged in let me show you a log in page and right below that is the (not a member yet, click here to sign up). I just personally thing that is bad UX to make a person have to make extra clicks. Maybe I am spoiled by this action on other forums, and it used to be this way on this forum till they upgraded it. Just drives me nuts and i spent a while the first time trying to figure out how to log in till i saw it in the upper right corner of the site.
    11-15-13 10:54 AM
    What if i am at a friends house or at the library these computers dont have my credentials so they should register.... seems backwards..
    11-15-13 10:56 AM