That sure didn't take long! In our first welcome post I set forth the challenge that I would personally buy the first member to reach 1,000 forum posts a new blackberry.

Only a month has passed since our "official" launch (it sure seems like CrackBerry.com has been around longer than that!) and it has already happened. My congratulations go to tmag2005 for being the bloke to hit 1,000.

I gave tmag2005 a personal phone call to congratulate him. And I also ran passed him an idea I had which he agreed with which takes away a bit from his prize but gives back more to the community. We've had a number of members really adopt CrackBerry.com as their home in this past month, and I wanted to show my appreciation not just to one person, but to the top FIVE who have really helped the CrackBerry.com forums get off to a good start.

So what are we doing?! Instead of just buying a blackberry for the first member to hit 1,000, the Crack Team decided we are going to reward the top FIVE forum contributors with CASH. How much? 40cents USD per post based on the snapshot when 1,000 posts were hit (Why 40cents USD? Because that's about 50 cents Canadian which is a nice even number! And because it was our resident genius Tom's idea...and we never disagree with him!).

My further congratulations go to kasperapd, navilyn, MMB916, and audit01 for rounding out the top five.

To the winners - check out the chart below to see how much loot you have scored, and email me or PM me with your paypal account and I will get those funds over to you in short order. I'd recommend spending it all in the CrackBerry.com Store!

So what are the Next Challenges for CrackBerry.com Forum Contributors?
    1. Continue to spread the CrackBerry.com word and attract more Members!
    2. Continue to build the knowledge base within the forums - tips, reviews, how-tos, and be fast and effective in helping people to answer their questions. Let's focus on developing quality content! I'd like to start taking some of the best threads (things like product/software reviews) out of the forums and posting them up on the homepage blogs.
    3. Continue to spread the word!!!! (did I say that already?!)

My goal is to always come up with ways to reward the CrackBerry Community, so if you weren't in the top five here, don't be discouraged. Keep contributing and being active in the CrackBerry.com community and good things will happen!

Let me know if you have any questions,

Congrats again to the Winners!
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-28-07 at 02:26 PM.
    03-28-07 11:10 AM
    This is great Kevin! Thanks. Also thanks for having such a great site and allowing us the opportunity to help make it grow. Looking forward to what we can accomplish in the following months.
    03-28-07 11:20 AM
    ...nothing short of brilliant!

Thanks, and trust me, am here all because of BlackBerry, and being a 'gadget lover'...

ps: congratulations to all!
    03-28-07 11:25 AM
    Kevin,

Thank you for the gift. I'm sorry for slacking of on posting the last week or so, the stroke hit me hard so I haven't had much time to get on here as often as I wanted to.

I'll try to get on here more often.
    03-28-07 11:26 AM
    Thank you and glad everyone has been able to benefit!
    03-28-07 11:28 AM
    Congrats tmag for making the forums what they are. I figure I lost at least 100 posts in the time I was down but it wouldn't have been close to catching you. I know this place is my home as well as a lot of people that I've converted over to BB's over the last month or so.
    03-28-07 11:50 AM
    Thank you so very much, Kevin!! What a pleasant surprise!! This truly is the best BB Forum I have spent time at - It's been great fun helping the forum grow!! I am looking to a long and happy association here with lots of growth for the forum!!

Congratulations to all of the winners!!

03-28-07 01:48 PM
    Ok Winners! The Prize Money has been Distributed. Enjoy!!!

I expect full reviews/updates of what was purchased with the winnings in here
    03-28-07 02:43 PM
    Ok well i will post first....

After considering sourcing myself an 8800 somehow, somewhere, i have decided to use the money to buy tickets to Ireland in August 2007 for a few days with my wife and daughter.

I cant post pictures of ticket, but will post pictures i take whilst we are there.....

Thanks again
    Last edited by tmag2005; 03-28-07 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Typos
    03-28-07 02:45 PM
    Mine is staying put until I get enough saved for the 8703e. I will post pictures when I get it.
    03-28-07 02:49 PM
    Ok well i will post first....

After considering sourcing myself an 8800 somehow, somewhere, i have decided to use the money to buy tickets to Ireland in August 2007 for a few days with my wife and daughter.

I cant post pictures of ticket, but will post pictures i take whilst we are there.....

Thanks again
    That sounds like a great idea! Are you going to use it as a true vacation and leave the crackberry behind???

For me, I'll be waiting for the 83xx to be released so I can continue to feed my addiction!
    03-29-07 03:18 AM
    Er no - will need it to find the maps that lead to the Guiness
    03-29-07 09:27 AM
    Very good reason, carry on then!
    03-29-07 10:05 AM
    ...I bought this colour 'thing' to test / assist a user...

Ok Winners! The Prize Money has been Distributed. Enjoy!!!

I expect full reviews/updates of what was purchased with the winnings in here
    03-29-07 10:42 AM
    Hey Nav, since your living in the U.S. now, you can drop the "u" out of color
    03-29-07 03:19 PM
    If he drops the u will you drop the z where s goes?
    03-30-07 04:25 AM
    ...don't you. NEVER will I drop it - LMAO! You should see me write emails to people, especially if I use words like favour, or favourite. Do you know how many people I speak with here that don't know what 'compulsory' means? Then when they figured it out, based on my sentence, they have a cheek to try and correct me and say, "Oh, you meant to say mandatory".

Anyway, let me step down...

Hey Nav, since your living in the U.S. now, you can drop the "u" out of color
    03-30-07 06:27 AM
    If he drops the u will you drop the z where s goes?
    Give me some examples... I've been trying to think of some, and I can't. I'm sure it's probably something obvious, but I'm just missing it.
    03-30-07 07:00 AM
    ...thats why there is the option to have English (United States) and English (United Kingdom)

Below are the main differences in spelling you may find here;

British English words that end in -re (e.g. centre, fibre, theatre) often end in -er in American English (center, fiber, theater).

British English words that end in -our (e.g. colour, humour) usually end with -or in American English (color, humor).

Verbs in British English that can be spelled with either -ize or -ise at the end (e.g. recognize/recognise) are always spelled with -ize in American English.

Verbs in British English that end in -yse (e.g. analyse) are always spelled -yze in American English (analyze).

In British spelling, verbs ending in a vowel plus l double the l when adding endings that begin with a vowel (e.g. travel, travelled, traveller). In American English the l is not doubled (travel, traveled, traveler).

British English words that are spelled with the double vowels ae or oe (e.g. archaeology, manoeuvre) are just spelled with an e in American English (archeology, maneuver).

Some nouns that end with -ence in British English (e.g. licence, defence) are spelled -ense in American English (license, defense).

Some nouns that end with -ogue in British English (e.g. dialogue) end with -og in American English (dialog).

That help?
    03-30-07 07:18 AM
    That does help. See, I knew the words had to be simple and part of everyday use, but I just couldn't come up with any.
    03-30-07 07:27 AM
    British english is looking a bit like french more american english
    03-30-07 11:55 AM
    All because of Kasperapd, I've now spent more of my CB winnings. I just bought a couple of skins from chinesecatt for my Pearl!

Thanks again 'chinesecatt'
    03-30-07 07:49 PM
    Can't blame Kasper for your gadget addiction

All because of Kasperapd, I've now spent more of my CB winnings. I just bought a couple of skins from chinesecatt for my Pearl!

Thanks again 'chinesecatt'
    03-30-07 09:21 PM
    Can't blame Kasper for your gadget addiction
    That's right, but you can blame me on telling you who to go buy from
    03-31-07 05:46 AM
    Yap, that's all you, Kasper

That's right, but you can blame me on telling you who to go buy from
    03-31-07 10:18 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD