I am having trouble all day today accessing the forums through Firefox 3.0.4 (I am able to access the Crackberry.com main page with no problems) - when I try to go to any forum page I immediately get this error: "400 bad request nginx"

Then I remembered I had Google Chrome on my PC and tried there, and lo and behold, it works (albeit slowly) using Chrome.

This just started today.
    12-02-08 05:01 PM
    Give Kevin and his crew a little more time with the server upgrade...
    12-02-08 05:03 PM
    Just wanted to point out another bug, which seems odd because I didn't think a server upgrade would have anything to do with which browser can access the forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 05:25 AM
    I've got the same thing going on here, too. Works in IE7, but not Firefox.
    12-03-08 11:00 AM
    I'm on FF right now .. fine by me
    12-03-08 11:02 AM
    It's working for me now, too. Go to Tools | Clear Private Data and check everything then click Clear Private Data. Close and restart Firefox. That worked for me.
    12-03-08 12:22 PM
    Its still not working for me. same error on 1 pc with this, a different site with FF has always worked ok.

and everything is sooooooooooooooooooooo slow.
    12-03-08 02:21 PM
    If you still have browser issues, please post:

Browser and version
    Operating system

I may contact you via PM to perform some tests.
    12-03-08 09:24 PM
    If you still have browser issues, please post:

Browser and version
    Operating system

I may contact you via PM to perform some tests.

posting this from Chrome, firefox is still not working. Version 3.0.4, OS WinXP
    12-04-08 09:47 AM
    I am not able to reproduce the Firefox error. 3.0.4 on Mac 10.5.5 runs fine here. Are you going through any proxy?
    12-04-08 03:50 PM
    I am not able to reproduce the Firefox error. 3.0.4 on Mac 10.5.5 runs fine here. Are you going through any proxy?
    No proxy that I know of, and I'm running WinXP here. Worked perfectly fine until a few days ago...
    12-04-08 04:06 PM
    PLEASE HELP! I am having the same issues for DAYS now. I can only get on from work.

At home the blog works but NOT the forums. As soon as i go to the forums Firefox gives me a connection error screen.

I have tried everything. www.crackberry.com resolves to the same IP at work and at home.

I am using latest 3.0x release of FF, and Vista x32 Ultimate SP1. Its driving me nuts.

I have tried everything, clearing cache, flush dns, etc.

I use opendns at home but with no blocks, i dont think this matters since the ip is correct.
    12-04-08 06:34 PM
    I just realized myself that the forums were not working because of Firefox. Before then I did not realize it was related to my browser, on a hunch I tried IE and it worked like normal. Apparently this started happening to me after I choose the option to "remember me" when I logged in. I determined that, for some reason, the cookie it created had an error which was causing the problems. To fix the problem I went to Tools... Clear Private data ... checked the box next to "Cookies" (unchecked the rest) and the clicked the "Clear Private Data" button. This solved the problem for me on the first try. Hopefully this will help someone else also.
    12-04-08 07:09 PM
    Thanks for this. I thought I was going crazy, I could only access from my BB. I'll try clearing my cookies when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 07:19 PM
    I just went to www.crackberry.com with FireFox and clicked "log out". It then allowed me to view the forums. When I click "log in" (correct password or wrong password, doesn't matter) it goes back to the 400 error again.
    12-04-08 07:23 PM
    @cliffr39 - Did you try to clear the cookie as in my previous post?
    12-04-08 07:43 PM
    @cliffr39 - Did you try to clear the cookie as in my previous post?
    yep, had no effect. But, thanks for the suggestion to try. I also tried clearing all the other data in FF.
    12-04-08 08:14 PM
    Just did the clear private data a fourth time (did nothing different from the last times). Must have been the lucky number - it now works in FireFox.
    12-04-08 10:09 PM
    Sweet, thanks, logging out of the main page then clearing cookies allowed me to get back in the forums.

BUT you dont have to clear all your cookies, in FF go into the cookie manager and delete just the cookies for crack berry.com.

Otherwise you will wipe out all your online settings like saved logins, saved usernames, preferences, photo gallery preferences, bank account computer authentication (have to re-verify a pc), etc, etc.

So just deleting crackberry.com worked well.

Actually its funny how many of my customers believe deleting cookies speed up their computers and that cookies are bad. I try to explain that deleting your cookies is bad, and make using the web less pleasant. of course they dont understand....
    12-05-08 12:53 AM
    Good call Mike.

However sometimes it is a bad idea to have cookies lying around with your bank account and other login information in there where just anyone can view it in clear text.
    12-05-08 03:41 PM
    Anyone still getting this error? Cuz I am.

Only in FF 3.0.5 Happens regularly, about every ten days or so.
    Sometimes it takes up to 1 1/2 days to resolve.

Just fine in IE7

Wasn't generated by opening or closing browser (as in a new start).
    Had FF open, viewing forums, and when I switch posts there's the errror.

I will say tho, much as I love FF, build 3.xxx is about the buggiest build I've ever run.

02-02-09 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD