Been seeing a few posts on how CB has been lacking a little bit in the past little while. Mostly on the podcast side as well as the writing side. The most common thought is that Mobile Nations as trimmed down CB's services/budget/etc due to the lower CB rating based on the assumption few BB users = few CB users. Whether or not this assumption is true remains to be seen but it could be plausable. Regardless I've thought of a couple of ideas to help CB out (Whether or not Bla1ze uses them is a different story).

Article writters:

1) Just for credit - I am certain some people are up to writing for CB for free and just for credit on their resumes. I don't mean that in a negative way but money isn't always the number motivating factor why people do things. If someone is looking for a jouralism career, working for (arguably) BlackBerry's largest dedicated media. It would be definitely a good boost to a resume and wrote more than a few cents per word, or however CB/MN pays their people.

2) Discounts - Offer discounts to just them on Shopcrackberry.com's goods. Maybe at cost or free for other certain things. There's lots of good stuff in there and often I don't have all the cash to buy what I want. So I'm certain others would jump at the opporunity to do by writing interesting articles from time to time.

Podcasts:

Option 1 - Revamp
    I recall Bla1ze saying that the biggest headache they have for running podcasts is finding the time to get the entire gang together to run one. Makes complete sense to me. So I've said it once and I'll say it again, tap into the forum community to fill the seats. Everyone knows that a single person podcast is boring, this would be especially true for a CB podcast. So here's my pitch: Have 1-2 full time CB members run it, add in 2-3 forums members to fill it out.
    The requirements would be:
    - Volunteer basis
    -Being an active member in forums. Not neccessary just number of forum posts but quality of forum posts. Many people know, who there to help and who posts posts for the simple fact of posting a post.
    - Have some form involvement with BB. Dev, enterprise server admin, Long-term consumer, etc. Whatever fits for the theme of the podcast of course.
    - Not being an idoit. Show and make idoit of yourself, CB and BB then get banned from podcasts and/or CB (pending the level of idoiticy)

Option 2 - Collobrate
    This option has been said before as well but collorbate with the other BB major blog sites out there. If you're all having trouble running podcasts due to personnel committments then pool your resources and achieve economies of scale with your people. I'm not sure how MN will like it, if not them tell them to have others from other sites join in then.

That's about it for now. I'm sure some people will love these ideas and others will think I'm completely out to lunch. Frankly I don't care. This post is mainly for Bla1ze and tossing ideas at him to spice things up because they're feeling a little bland right now IMHO. I'd hate to see the site which led me to buy my first BB slide down as the company is spinning itself back up.

Cheers.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    01-09-15 09:20 AM
    I'd hate to see the site which led me to buy my first BB slide down as the company is spinning itself back up.
    We rise and fall with BlackBerry. Most of which you mentioned, I've laid out several times before. This post, being one of the most recent. - http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...l#post11143873. As for podcasts / collaboration, I agree and I've laid some ground work in that area, so stay tuned for some of that.

One comment on writers though, and I'm stealing it from a colleague of mine:

The problem is finding (a) Someone who knows the material (b) Someone who can write well (c) Someone who has time to actually commit. I have been doing this since 2007, I can tell you it is very hard to find anyone with such talents. Lots of people raise their hands to take the task, most fail.
    As a matter of fact, everything my colleague said, who btw is Daniel Rubino on Windows Central, pretty much applies here in regards to some of things people say about CrackBerry.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2923377
    01-09-15 09:31 AM
    Funny that I have never seen that post. Got your points. I totally agree with stolen comments about writers. However, until you give someone a shot then you will never know which category they fall in.

As for the work on the podcasts. Great to hear there is ground work being laid and moving forward.

Overall I'm not ********, just trying to provide some constructive criticism and feedback to help out. I'm sure you get that. Plus if it wasn't I doubt you'd care. Lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-09-15 09:48 AM
    Overall I'm not ********, just trying to provide some constructive criticism and feedback to help out. I'm sure you get that. Plus if it wasn't I doubt you'd care. Lol.
    I def. know the difference and appreciate the constructive feedback. It's much better than some of the hate mail I get LOL.
    john_v, BigBadWulf and scmcc16 like this.
    01-09-15 09:56 AM