There is little doubt now.

The reason BBM isn't available on iOS, and Android (yet) is because of this sale.

My thoughts would be Fairfax has a plan to end BBRY smartphones as we know it. Perhaps keeping it on a very very small scale, but in turn they intend to make BBRY a services based company. One of those services is surely BBM. I believe there was no actual problem with the rollout of BBM on iOS and Android, but when the deal came down, Fairfax probably wanted that to be delayed so that when it actually launches there is a way more effectively to monotize it.

Perhaps they charge a small fee, for that fee, you get secure messaging. Perhaps they approach enterprise customers about BBM. Imagine a business being able to still have BYOD in place while also having secure instant messaging. There is a big opportunity for BBM in the coprorate world, and government officials. They need a "PRO" version designed for Enterprise, that eliminates ads, but at a cost. They could have the same for consumers as well, pay for no ads, or deal with ads for free.

I also really think they will promote BBM as a social networking site. Obviously much smaller, but its a cross between twitter, and facebook on a smaller scale and completely and exclusively online. There is a lot of dollars to be had in BBM.

Sadly though there is little use for phones. There is not enough people buying them to warrent constant R&D of new products and testing ect. ect.
    I do however believe BB10 / QNX can be used in cars, and I'm sure some other things as well, but in the smartphone world it just doesn't have enough momentum to continue.

People here seem to be cheering about this because BBRY isn't folding, but they are failing to see this is the END of Blackberry as we know it. And, rumors, leaks, and speculation will come to a crashing halt in all liklihood.

Is this the end of Crackberry.com?
    09-23-13 02:00 PM
    Lol. What does 99% of your post have to do with the last sentence?
    09-23-13 02:03 PM
    Nope. Crackberry is not going anywhere anytime soon.

And the BBM suspended launch was caused by technical problems. The two things are not related.
    09-23-13 02:03 PM
    I think this is the end of this thread actually.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:04 PM
    Kudos for the imagination though.

You should try writing...
    09-23-13 02:04 PM
    I think this is the end of this thread actually.

Posted via CB10
    Spot on.
    lang007 likes this.
    09-23-13 02:05 PM

The reason BBM isn't available on iOS, and Android (yet) is because of this sale.

My thoughts would be Fairfax has a plan to end BBRY smartphones as we know it. Perhaps keeping it on a very very small scale, but in turn they intend to make BBRY a services based company. One of those services is surely BBM. I believe there was no actual problem with the rollout of BBM on iOS and Android, but when the deal came down, Fairfax probably wanted that to be delayed so that when it actually launches there is a way more effectively to monotize it.

Perhaps they charge a small fee, for that fee, you get secure messaging. Perhaps they approach enterprise customers about BBM. Imagine a business being able to still have BYOD in place while also having secure instant messaging. There is a big opportunity for BBM in the coprorate world, and government officials. They need a "PRO" version designed for Enterprise, that eliminates ads, but at a cost. They could have the same for consumers as well, pay for no ads, or deal with ads for free.

I also really think they will promote BBM as a social networking site. Obviously much smaller, but its a cross between twitter, and facebook on a smaller scale and completely and exclusively online. There is a lot of dollars to be had in BBM.

Sadly though there is little use for phones. There is not enough people buying them to warrent constant R&D of new products and testing ect. ect.
    I do however believe BB10 / QNX can be used in cars, and I'm sure some other things as well, but in the smartphone world it just doesn't have enough momentum to continue.

People here seem to be cheering about this because BBRY isn't folding, but they are failing to see this is the END of Blackberry as we know it. And, rumors, leaks, and speculation will come to a crashing halt in all liklihood.

so how's that relevant to the end of Cb?
    09-23-13 02:06 PM
    Yes...the END...of threads like this....yeaaaaahahahahahahahaaaehehahahaaaehaha... oh I have to wait 6 more weeks...
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-23-13 02:07 PM
    Nope. Crackberry is not going anywhere anytime soon.

And the BBM suspended launch was caused by technical problems. The two things are not related.
    How do YOU know this? I don't believe BBRY would have been able in any way shape or form release any information about a possible aqusition prior to a deal being in place. I don't buy that the servers went haywire with 1.1 million people, when in the past it has supported 80 million users.

I believe there was probably some strain on the servers but I believe at the least this deal prevented things from going further.

I also truly believe that BBRY goes and essentially hides under a rock after it goes private. They have no obligation to report earnings, or answer to shareholders.
    09-23-13 02:07 PM
    There will always be people needing help or asking questions about BBRY products and CrackBerry is the place. Whether there are new products or not the existing ones still carry on.
    09-23-13 02:08 PM
    CB will be around as long as it continues to make money for Kevin. Fact.
    09-23-13 02:11 PM
    let's put it this way, if my livelihood was dependent on crackberry I think I might be investigating other possibilities. Something involving gold iPhones perhaps ;-)
    09-23-13 02:14 PM

First time someone asked if CrackBerry was going away.....and not BlackBerry.

LOL. Not unless everyone - including those outside of the 3 million members (on here) decide to chunk their BBs in the nearest trash can. Hopefully I'm around to get the devices, clean them up, upgrade them and donate them to ppl/groups/charities. Stranger things have happened. Could be wrong, but, I doubt it.
    09-23-13 02:14 PM
    No. The sale would be 6 weeks out. Nothing to do with BBM at all

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:16 PM
    CB will be around as long as it continues to make money for Kevin. Fact.
    Kevin doesn't own crackberry. Fact.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:33 PM
    Crackberry will go the ways of Web os pre central or whatever it is

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    09-23-13 02:38 PM
    Tool.

Yeah, I said it.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    09-23-13 02:38 PM
    Kevin doesn't own crackberry. Fact.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, we're both right, obviously. It wasn't a d1ck remark. Just stating the obvious
    09-23-13 03:17 PM
    This still exists: webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help

And many of the same questions were asked there during a similar period of gross uncertainty.
    The similarities in the sequence of events and how they are unfolding is almost surreal.
    jegs2 and richardat like this.
    09-23-13 03:20 PM
    I'm basically newb here and even I know CrackBerry ain't going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:21 PM
    This still exists: webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help

And many of the same questions were asked there during a similar period of gross uncertainty.
    The similarities in the sequence of events and how they are unfolding is almost surreal.
    I'm a bit rusty but if needed, I can speak webosise - "real multi-tasking, cards, intuitive, saw two people using it today, doubling down".
    09-23-13 03:24 PM
    The forums this weekend are really sounding like a loop of this.

diegonei likes this.
    09-23-13 03:29 PM
    As long as there is BB there will be a CB
    09-23-13 03:35 PM
    As long as there is BB there will be a CB
    Very likely it won't be the CrackBerry that we have today. Page views will go down. Advertising revenues will go down. Owner will have to cut CB expenses. Look at WebOS Nation.....
    09-23-13 03:56 PM
    Looks like the Crackberry team will have to start extreme couponing!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:09 PM
35 12