Ordered my DTEK60 and was super excited (still am) from Shop CrackBerry Canada. Phone arrived in 7 days. This was my Bday present to myself, at least that was my excuse for replacing my Passport.

Details:
    - Installed SIM and did all the setup, etc.
    - Spent hours on all the content transfer
    - Finally noticed there was little to no reception. Thought it was kinda weird (never have had reception problems). Reception issues were really bad. Went sometimes 4+ hours with no reception at all.
    - Went to Telus store to inquire with them. They ported my number to a new SIM card and still the same problems. Took the new SIM and installed it in my "old" Passport and it worked perfectly
    - Telus rep advised that it was a hardware issue
    - Here are the dates:
    * Nov 11th - Ordered phone
    * Nov 18th - Phone arrived
    * Nov 20th - Contacted Shop CrackBerry
    * Nov 21st - CrackBerry Responded (saying they don't deal with warranty issues and sent me to [email protected])
    * Nov 21st - Contacted BRC with the issue
    * Nov 21st - BRC responded with a form to fill out for the warranty details
    * Nov 21st - Filled out form and sent back
    * Nov 22nd - Received read receipt from BRC
    * Nov 28th - Received shipping instructions and pre-paid shipping label
    * Nov 29th - Shipped package at Staples
    * Dec 7th - Package had not moved as per Purolator online tracking. Called Purolator about package
    * Dec 9th - Purolator confirmed they lost package and are now searching for it
    * Dec 13th - BRC Warrantee say they have the device (magically). Purolator still does not know how it got there as the have no scans of it in transit or arriving (Useless)
    * Dec 16th - Emailed BRC
    * Dec 16th - BRC responds says they will get back to me once they know what is going on with device
    * Dec 16th - Emailed BRC
    * No Response
    * Dec 19th - Emailed BRC
    * No Response
    * Dec 27th - Emailed BRC
    * Dec 28th - Response from BRC. New device being sent out within the next 48hrs
    * Waiting for device to arrive
    * Jan 3rd - Received tracking for my new phone today. Says it should arrive today in Winnipeg. I LIVE IN WHITE ROCK, BC!! Not Winnipeg
    * Jan 3rd - Emailed BRC about the shipping details
    * Jan 4th - BRC said they would look into the shipping
    * Jan 5th - BRC emailed saying they have not sent my phone yet and are now waiting for another shipment of new phones to send me one.

I am not happy with how long this is taking. My last two BlackBerries have been purchased through Amazon and their customer service is amazing! I had a Passport with the screen lift issue and received a new one within 2 days of mentioning the issue to them.

I'll update this post as soon as I receive more updates. I am already a little agitated over this debacle, they had better not make me pay for shipping or send me a refurbished phone! Luckily my Passport still is working.

Yes I know the title says poor CrackBerry customer service and it is warrantied through another third party (who are the actual faulty ones) but in my opinion if I purchased the device through them and they use another company for the warranty then it is still under their umbrella of customer service. Thought I would throw this extra comment in before people get mad at me for the title.

/rant
    Last edited by brian4591; 01-05-17 at 07:49 PM.
    11-26-16 11:32 PM
    That really sucks! Telus also sucks. I went through 4 sim cards before finding a proper one that worked for my old z10. Telus uses nfc and non nfc sim cards. Did they try both?
    11-27-16 12:01 AM
    That really sucks! Telus also sucks. I went through 4 sim cards before finding a proper one that worked for my old z10. Telus uses nfc and non nfc sim cards. Did they try both?
    Mike,

Not sure about the SIM card styles. All I know is that the 2 SIM cards did not work in my DTEK60 and both worked in my Passport. Of course both phones are unlocked (before someone asks)
    11-27-16 12:06 AM
    Mike,

Not sure about the SIM card styles. All I know is that the 2 SIM cards did not work in my DTEK60 and both worked in my Passport. Of course both phones are unlocked (before someone asks)
    They both have nfc. Should work then. That's too bad
    11-27-16 12:24 AM
    Get a refund. Stick with passport!
    11-27-16 01:33 AM
    Update us on what happens - maybe at this point you should just return the phone.

If they make you pay for shipping why don't you just return it all together.

#whatisclassic
    Last edited by evodevo69; 11-27-16 at 11:03 AM.
    11-27-16 05:40 AM
    Purchased my DTEK60 through Crackberry and put it on Rogers. No issues. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 10:27 AM
    So not good buying through shop crackberry. Go figure. One would think that they would be better than DR
    11-27-16 11:17 AM
    Hopefully I don't have any problems with my DTEK60, got it from Shop Crackberry , should be here Monday or Tuesday.
    bowlerboy450 likes this.
    11-27-16 11:44 AM
    I hope it works out for you in the end. I'm pretty sure Crackberry shop is Blueshop out of QC.
    11-27-16 02:16 PM
    I hope it works out for you in the end. I'm pretty sure Crackberry shop is Blueshop out of QC.
    Yes it is from Blueshop
    11-27-16 03:29 PM
    I order all my BlackBerry products from Blueshop with no issues whatsoever. Very good customer service.
    11-27-16 07:18 PM
    Did you Google that email address to verify and see who you are actually emailing?

Did you go to Blackberry's main page and check to see the contact information to cash in on your 1 year of technical support? US/CAN – 855-556-2522.
    11-27-16 07:40 PM
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're having but most of the frustration seems to be coming from after the wait after emailing the warranty folks not really with ShopCrackBerry, which responded with proper information quickly and accordingly. Unfortunately, ShopCrackBerry has no way to speed them up.
    11-27-16 09:00 PM
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're having but most of the frustration seems to be coming from after the wait after emailing the warranty folks not really with ShopCrackBerry, which responded with proper information quickly and accordingly. Unfortunately, ShopCrackBerry has no way to speed them up.
    Yes I understand that it is not really Shop BlackBerry who is at fault for the poor customer service. But it is who they forward to for the warranty service for the products they sell. Easy to pass the buck on to another company for the problems.

Long story short I am displeased with the poor customer service and "possibly" Shop CrackBerry could have just sent a new device as the current one arrived DOA.

Amazon would have sent a new device instantly.

I'll attached a copy of my email to the warranty company in a sec...

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:32 PM
    Here is all the corresponding emails in regards to this issues (I am aware of my personal information in here and am not worried about it mods, thx)

Warranty Desk,
    I an unhappy with your untimely response to my warranty form.* I sent the form to you on Nov 21st and received a �read receipt� on Nov 22nd.* There has been no correspondence in regards to my phone being replaced.* This is a device that was broken right out of the box.* It would have been easier and quicker to send the device back to Shop CrackBerry (as it is brand new and unused) and purchased another one through them.*
    FYI, I am not going to pay for any shipping, will not accept a refurbished device, and expect expedited shipping.* I have dealt with warranty issues with my other BlackBerry (Passport) through Amazon and they sent me a new device that arrived within 2 days of contacting them with the problem.
    Please respond ASAP
    Thanks,
    Brian Wuttke
    Sent: November 21, 2016 6:31 PM
    To: 'BRC Warranty' <[email protected]>
    Subject: RE: [#RYO-855-85537]: RMA: CrackBerry Canada Receipt #10226836
    Warranty desk,
    *Contact Name
    *Brian Wuttke
    *And/ Or Company Name
    BW Electric
    *Number &* Street
    13841 Malabar Ave
    *City, Prov, Postal Code
    White Rock, BC V4B 2X8
    *Contact Phone #
    604-765-4591
    *Contact Email
    [email protected]
    *IMEI
    *Model
    *BlackBerry DTEK60
    *Defect/ issue**** (be specific)
    Reception not working / very poor
    Mulitple SIM�s tested
    SIM�s and network work in other phones
    Purchased from (Retail Reseller)
    *CrackBerry / Blueshop.ca
    Date Of purchase
    *Nov 11, 2016
    Thanks,
    Brian Wuttke
    BW Electric
    Sent: November 21, 2016 12:27 PM
    To: Brian Wuttke <[email protected]>; BRC Warranty <[email protected]>
    Subject: RE: [#RYO-855-85537]: RMA: CrackBerry Canada Receipt #10226836
    Hi Brian,
    There are a couple of steps involved in this process
    1: We�ll first need to collect some information from you, in order to validate your device is under warranty. (complete form below and return to us)
    2: Once item has been validated it�s within the manufactures warranty from date of purchase, we�ll generate a Work Order to process and track your device progress on our end.
    3: You�ll need to ship the device to our facility and once we�ve assessed your request, we�ll send you a replacement.
    Please complete the following with the *Address you would like the replacment shipped to, and return to us. Once warranty is validated we'll send you shipping instructions, Note: Warranty covers any Manufactures defects, and does not cover water damage or accidental damages.
    * Mandatory fields
    *Contact Name
    *And/ Or Company Name
    *Number &* Street
    *City, Prov, Postal Code
    *Contact Phone #
    *Contact Email
    *IMEI
    *Model
    *Defect/ issue**** (be specific)
    Purchased from (Retail Reseller)
    Date Of purchase
    Kind Regards,
    Eman Salem
    Warranty Desk
    for Sky, Blu & BlackBerry
    Ingram Micro Inc.********* |******* 55 Standish Crt., 2nd Fl.********* |******* Mississauga, ON, L5R 4A1

Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 10:33 AM
    To: BRC Warranty
    Subject: Re: [#RYO-855-85537]: RMA: CrackBerry Canada Receipt #10226836
    BRC Warranty,
    My brand new DTEK60 does not work properly on arrival.
    Details:
    - cell service hasn't worked properly since day one
    - Telus network Canada
    - brand new SIM goes hours without service in typical service areas
    - went to Telus store and they gave me another new SIM. Tested new SIM and service didn't work. Sometimes it will get minimal service (one bar) but still ‎cannot make phone calls or receive data. Taking the exact same SIM and put it in my BlackBerry Passport (my old phone) and the service works instantly without any issue.*
    - Telus rep says DTEK60 *is ‎faulty
    Please advise ASAP
    Thanks,

Brian*Wuttke*
    BW*Electric
    604.765.4591*

Sent*from*my*BlackBerry*10*smartphone*on*the*TELUS *network.
    Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 7:25 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Reply To: [email protected]
    Subject: [#RYO-855-85537]: RMA: CrackBerry Canada Receipt #10226836
    Hello,

The phone will need to be put through a trouble-shooting process to determine the issue. Please email the specific issue to [email protected]. This is the company that provides warranty assistance for the BlackBerry devices and they will be able to process everything for you.

Thank you,

Jim
    Customer Service
    --------------------------------
    ShopCrackBerry Canada
    866-207-3319
    ca.crackberry.com

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: RYO-855-85537
    Department: CrackBerry - CA

If you do not wish to receive promotional materials from Ingram Micro via e-mail, please, go to http://www.ingrammicro.com/emailmgmt or reply to this message and type unsubscribe in the subject.

Ingram Micro Inc.
    Corporate Headquarters, 3351 Michelson Drive, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92612

This email may contain material that is confidential, and proprietary to Ingram Micro, for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:35 PM
    I'm sure they'll get back to you soon, if they haven't already. I googled the address and found a phone number you could try if email doesn't seem to be working: Phone: (800) 668-3450
    11-28-16 11:45 AM
    Received a response:

Hi Brian,
    I am sorry for the untimely response, thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. You are absolutely right, we will be paying for shipping and I have provided all instructions below to make this a smooth transaction. *We greatly appreciate your patience.

Posted via CB10
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    11-29-16 10:20 AM
    I unfortunately find myself in the same boat! About two weeks after receiving my dtek 60 from shop crackberry, I suddenly cannot make or receive calls! Signal level show full bars at times and no service at other times in the same location! And even with full bars, I can't make or receive calls! I went to rogers asked about their network status, I changed the sim card! Nothings helps! And the sim card works flawlessly in my passport! I also spoke to tech support from rogers and all concluded that it is a device issue! I haven't contacted shop crackberry yet since the issue started today and I wanted to search the forums for tips or potential fixes

After reading your experience I feel sad! I didn't want to return it, i was hoping for a replacement or a fix!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 12:38 AM
    Jamsss

I'm going to make this quick, my experience with BRC Warranty / CrackBerry for my return has been absolute sh!t! I'll attach the emails when I get a sec. Long story short, I ordered my phone Nov 11th and still don't have a working phone or resolution.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 01:39 AM
    Eman,

As much as I love emailing you everyday... I really would like to have the phone that I purchased 5 weeks ago.*

Please call or email ASAP to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Brian*Wuttke*

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 1:57 PM
    Eman,

Can you just send me a new unit as I am not willing to accept a refurbished/repaired unit.*

I could have just sent this unit back to CrackBerry and repurchased a new one in wayyyy less time than this has taken.

Thanks,

Brian*Wuttke*

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 1:49 PM

Hi Brian,
    I understand your frustration. I have received updates from the operations team that the test results of your unit show that there is a network issue and has poor reception. This will likely require a board/unit replacement.
    The operations team is working on this.
    Thank You,
    Eman Salem
    Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 1:52 PM
    Eman,
    This is getting frustrating. Please give me a call ASAP to dicuss
    Thanks,

Brian*Wuttke*

Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:54 AM
    Hi Brian,
    Awaiting a reply from our Ops team and will reach out to you.
    Thanks,
    Eman Salem
    Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:50 PM
    Hi Brian,
    I am currently out of the office and can give you a call first thing tomorrow morning.
    I have reached out to the lab to get an ETA of when your device will be ready.
    Thanks,
    Eman Salem
    Eman,
    Can you give me a call ASAP to discuss.
    Thanks,

Brian*Wuttke*

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:55 PM
    Hi Brian,
    We have asked our Lab to check on your phone and they have confirmed they have the device and are working on it.
    Thank You,
    Eman Salem

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 4:01 PM
    BRC Warranty,
    Just to let you know, Purolator has lost my faulty device that I was sending back to you. They are trying to find it.*
    This has become such a hassle. ‎ See below. I have sent them the IMEI #
    Thanks,

Brian*Wuttke*

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 01:57 AM
    Hi Brian thanks for your tips! I am waiting on ShopCrackBerry to reply to me so I can return the phone. Let know how ur experience ends and wheter or not u get a new phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 01:00 PM
    Wow. Pathetic customer service.

So sorry you have to deal with that. Can you just ask for a refund? I would not accept something that I paid full price for as brand new and they then had to "repair" it before I even get to use it. Not a chance in hell.

Demand a refund and then buy it from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    12-26-16 02:30 PM
    Current response:

Dated: Wednesday Dec 29th

Hi Brian,

I have been following up with our Ops team to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We received the inventory from BlackBerry today and now we have a replacement for your phone. This unit should be sent to you within 48 hours.
    12-31-16 04:09 PM
    Received tracking for my new phone today.

Says it should arrive today in Winnipeg. I LIVE IN WHITE ROCK, BC!! Not Winnipeg

I don't know how much more they can fukc this all up

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 10:01 PM
34 12