Sorry Crackberry, love the Site content but the rendering speed is becoming extremely annoying. It takes forever to display your website on the Playbook and it's not much better on the desktop. I have a brand new Cisco wireless N router running the latest firmware. I also login from many public hotspots and it's just as bad. Does anyone else out there notice the horrific rendering speed on Crackberry.com.

Thanks for the tip Kevin. It was the ISP in my area, I did some testing on another ISP who provides Fibre connections and the rendering speed is great......sorry for blaming it on your Site.
    Last edited by 4speed; 05-08-12 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Update
    05-05-12 09:22 AM
    nope. always been fine for me.

btw.... http://forums.crackberry.com/site-questions-bugs-f19/
    05-05-12 09:30 AM
    nope... good to go here.
    05-05-12 09:31 AM
    good on my end as well. even when i load it my my mobile browser its not THAT bad LOL.
    05-05-12 09:47 AM
    No problems here either, on both phone and desktop and I'm still running the "now old" 9700.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 09:51 AM
    I just don't like the colour scheme. Purple and orange...yuck.
    05-05-12 09:53 AM
    It has become pretty sluggish and bogged down probably from all the ads.
    05-05-12 10:09 AM
    @ 4Speed...

Couple things:

- let me know your location. We use a CDN (content delivery network) for graphics, etc. This helps keep things fast, but maybe you're in a location where they're not as up and up on the speed.

- re: advertising. If you're logged into the site you get less ads. We work with our ad partners to ensure they're loading things as fast as possible, but being logged in reduces ads and server calls which can help speed things up.

LAST THING...

We're very much going through our own BlackBerry 10 upgrade on the sites right now. REbuliding a lot of things to have a better site, faster site, etc. Few months away from putting everything live, but think you'll like it. Lots of good stuff coming to CrackBerry users!
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    05-05-12 10:32 AM
    @ 4Speed...

Couple things:

- let me know your location. We use a CDN (content delivery network) for graphics, etc. This helps keep things fast, but maybe you're in a location where they're not as up and up on the speed.

- re: advertising. If you're logged into the site you get less ads. We work with our ad partners to ensure they're loading things as fast as possible, but being logged in reduces ads and server calls which can help speed things up.

LAST THING...

We're very much going through our own BlackBerry 10 upgrade on the sites right now. REbuliding a lot of things to have a better site, faster site, etc. Few months away from putting everything live, but think you'll like it. Lots of good stuff coming to CrackBerry users!
    I noticed that the CB Shop just got a face lift, very well organized
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-05-12 10:51 AM
    Does anyone else out there notice the horrific rendering speed on Crackberry.com.
    Works fine for me.
    05-05-12 11:55 AM
    The delivery seems to be pretty good here, but man-o-man.. rendering all the ads and animations is a task and a half. My primary workstation is an i7 with dual GTX460 video cards and 24 gigs of RAM and it's acceptable, but any device I've used that's even slightly resource challenged gags on all the content. I understand the need to generate advertising revenue, but it's starting to get more than annoying... and now there's a pop-up ad everytime I visit the site... really?
    05-18-12 11:05 AM
    It's all fine and dandy here in rainy old England.
    05-18-12 12:01 PM
    I don't think it has to do with the website, but with your area. In my case it loads pretty well in my devices.
    05-18-12 12:17 PM
    @ 4Speed...

Couple things:

LAST THING...

Kevin - does that include the forums? I've noticed lately that there are far too many sub-forums (imo) on the main forums page to have to scroll through to find what I want. Stuff like wi-fi subforum is surely no longer necessary? And BB10 would be a good time to consolidate a lot of the older device discussion forums under "older devices" perhaps? Say pre-OS 6 devices.
    05-25-12 08:09 PM
    The delivery seems to be pretty good here, but man-o-man.. rendering all the ads and animations is a task and a half. My primary workstation is an i7 with dual GTX460 video cards and 24 gigs of RAM and it's acceptable, but any device I've used that's even slightly resource challenged gags on all the content. I understand the need to generate advertising revenue, but it's starting to get more than annoying... and now there's a pop-up ad everytime I visit the site... really?
    I've never got pop ups here It is a little rough to load, nothing I can't put up with since the place is such a blast that it makes it worth minor aggravation
    06-03-12 12:51 PM
    Pop-ups just today. I was a bit surprised. I had to hit the X to close the window. I was logged in at the time. There's also the new moving ads at the top:
    06-04-12 12:36 AM
    This is today's example of ads:
    06-04-12 05:20 PM
    This is today's example of ads:
    Yukkk!

I see you using Firefox. Did you try NoScript and Adblock+ yet? I only see a tiny fraction of that garbage.
    06-04-12 06:33 PM
    Yukkk!

I see you using Firefox. Did you try NoScript and Adblock+ yet? I only see a tiny fraction of that garbage.
    Interesting that you should ask! I was sure that I had Adblock but yesterday I had some issues with Firefox after my isp went down for about 5 hours. So I ran an older copy of firefox and I think it may have dumped "incompatible" add-ons. Since I had lost TabsPlus and realized that immediately.

So I may have lost some others, too. Maybe that's why I'm seeing the junk (which helps pay for this board!) suddenly. Yesterday it was that popup and every other window shows an ad like the second one I pictured.
    06-05-12 12:40 AM
    I was about to post a similar question/comment about long page load times for CB these days (noticeably longer than, say, a few months ago) and found this thread. Maybe it's my location (North Carolina) or my household connection or even my laptop, but I'm sure I'm not just imagining it. Definitely takes a long time for all the forums, banners and ads (even pop-ups, boooo) to load incrementally, which makes it harder to use the site and discourages my usage frequency. Just my 2c.
    07-27-12 11:19 AM
    well i have a slightely different opinion
    i have a curve 9360, i am on cb since i got my first 9300 and made an account yesterday just to ask for a theme ( by the way no reply yet on it )

2ndly, most of teh sticky threads should not be sticky e.g. in curve forums out dated os threads are sticky and list of all bb os is not up to date in the main list. other then that content wise it is great and awesome. humor level of the members is beyond exceptional, i made few scarcastic comments but every one took it in a very light way and most important thing people do not point out my typo mistakes.
    07-27-12 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD