I purchased several programs for my BB several months ago. I recently received an email from Crackberry telling me that an upgrade is available for one of my programs and a URL back to My Account on Crackberry. No upgrade was there. I called CB "customer support" and talked to a hardware support person (it didn't matter what selection I made (sales, support, business office) on the automated attendant) who told me he couldn't help me. He finally transferred me to Ray, who identified himself as the Director of Customer Services.

Ray told me that software support comes from the developer and gave me a lot of crap about how CB wasn't responsible for software support, or order support, or anything. They are just a storefront for developers. Never mind that everything from their toll free number to their emails sends the user back to the CB site. Ray didn't get it, and should probably look for another job...Customer Support/Service is not his strength. He had all the empathy and understanding of a cold stone.

If CB is going to portray themselves as "The #1 Shop for BlackBerry Users," they should stand behind their products and suppliers and offer some level of solid customer support, not a lot of excuses and doubletalk. It's been a long time since I receive such poor and ineffective support.

A former and very frustrated "customer."

SB14450
    11-03-08 09:08 AM
    *yawn* Why don't you post your problem instead of ranting about nonsense? Your question would have probably been answered by numerous CB members.

What part of, "CB wasn't responsible for software support, or order support, or anything. They are just a storefront for developers.", are you not understanding?
    11-03-08 09:23 AM
    I've bought many software titles from here w/o problems. What is the actual prob you are having??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 09:35 AM
    Hey sb14450,

Sorry to hear you had frustrations with the store. We have thousands upon thousands of customers a month each month who have no issues and are ecstatic about our services and service people.

The issue you ran into here is how went for help. If you follow the Contact Us page on the main website or Customer Care pages within the Accessory store and Software store, you'll see that there are different avenues for receiving support on for accessories and support for software.

Accessory support can be reached via the phone, or by emailing your accessory support team (support @ crackberry.com).

Software support is ONLY provided via email (standard for this business and you'll find this with most if not all software distributors). There are simply too many applications for the retail location to support, so order support is addressed via email and technical support goes back to the developers.

If you visit the software support homepage (within the software store), you can easily get the support you are looking for: BlackBerry Software Support - Crackberry Store

As for your question, it's a pretty easy fix. When you login to your software account ( BlackBerry Software My Account - Crackberry Store ), the latest version of that app will be available for download. Likewise, you could simply go back to the product page where you purchased the product and download the free trial again. Delete your old app, install your new one, and assuming it's the same BB your existing activation code will still work (PIN based). If you ever switch to devices, you can still get new activation codes, but you'll have to request from from the developer or via software customer support ([email protected]).

Again, my apologies for your experience. Feel free to message me and I'd be happy to try and make it up to you. Hopefully the information above helps - should you continue to support purchasing from shopcrackberry.com, your fastest venue to appropriate support comes from contacting the appropriate departments (accessory support or software support).

All the best,

Kevin
    11-03-08 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD