Case in point:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-823209/
    This is one of the worst days in BlackBerry's existence. Let frustrated followers have their say, especially if it's directed to BlackBerry management! They might be reading our concerns.
    06-28-13 02:40 PM
    Case in point:
    This is one of the worst days in BlackBerry's existence. Let frustrated followers have their say, especially if it's directed to BlackBerry management! They might be reading our concerns.
    There's no reason to have a million threads about it, though.
    06-28-13 02:44 PM
    Case in point:
    Exactly!!! It's ridiculous...now you can only make a thread if you are praising blackberry. The "moderators" are becoming a joke
    06-28-13 02:45 PM
    Good lord, the drama.
    06-28-13 02:46 PM
    Exactly!!! It's ridiculous...now you can only make a thread if you are praising blackberry. The "moderators" are becoming a joke
    I think it has more to do with duplicates than bias.
    06-28-13 02:47 PM
    There's no reason to have a million threads about it, though.
    So blackberry can do as they please as far as leading on consumers...but now we have a limit of amount of threads criticizing them for it?? lol Crackberry used to be where you can voice your opinion either way...now it's a fanboy hub. No problem

BTW my thread was geared directly toward Heins moves. Other threads are not
    06-28-13 02:49 PM
    I see the point of the moderators. Having many threads about the same thing makes it really hard to manage and ends up making it hard to have an impact if any of BlackBerry's management happens to look. On the other hand, who wants to read through 400 posts on one thread in which people are basically venting their disappointment at BlackBerry.
    06-28-13 02:50 PM
    We're doing our best to keep these Forums as useful as possible.
    A deluge of negative threads on the same topic isn't going to do that. And the one you quoted is particularly negative and sarcastic.

We want to let people vent and ask questions, while also always helping... and killing the misinformation at times too.

This is one of the worst days in BlackBerry's existence.
    Hardly. Most of the news that was negative wasn't unexpected.

I won't comment on the odd decision to release a new OS7 device. I can understand the argument from the other side, but seems shortsighted to me.

Let frustrated followers have their say, especially if it's directed to BlackBerry management! They might be reading our concerns.
    We can only hope. But a huge site full of an avalanche of short, nasty threads won't help. (Some might just be redundant, not necessarily incorrect or over-negative.)
    06-28-13 02:50 PM
    Case in point:
    Yup they shut down two of mine.
    06-28-13 02:52 PM
    Good lord, the drama.
    Good job getting your post count up....but no drama...Did crackberry think there were going to be 4 threads created after announcement today? If it was positive news at conference would we be closing down "blackberry is back" threads? ummmm no. All good. Crackberry is now a fanboy hub and I understand
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    06-28-13 02:53 PM
    That is so far off base. There are threads for that (the OP's issue) already and nothing is served by another one. In fact it would probably lead to a chorus complaining about repetition.

The problem with finding a balance between useful discourse and repetition is the "Mod Squad" can't make everyone happy.
    06-28-13 02:54 PM
    So you don't think the stock plummeting 28% in the aftermath is that big of a deal? You guys should start selling CrackBerry orange colored glasses!
    06-28-13 02:57 PM
    We're doing our best to keep these Forums as useful as possible.
    A deluge of negative threads on the same topic isn't going to do that. And the one you quoted is particularly negative and sarcastic.

We want to let people vent and ask questions, while also always helping... and killing the misinformation at times too.

I won't comment on the odd decision to release a new OS7 device. I can understand the argument from the other side, but seems shortsighted to me.

We can only hope. But a huge site full of an avalanche of short, nasty threads won't help. (Some might just be redundant, not necessarily incorrect or over-negative.)
    My thread was "particularly negative"??? Did I miss the good news today??? Maybe the numbers I heard were wrong. So was my thread supposed to be filled with positive news and "it's still a new OS". Look if your job is to close down threads that go at blackberry all good. But don't make it sound like my thread was out of nowhere negative...today was NOT good news
    richardat and Clinto like this.
    Good job getting your post count up....but no drama...Did crackberry think there were going to be 4 threads created after announcement today? If it was positive news at conference would we be closing down "blackberry is back" threads? ummmm no. All good. Crackberry is now a fanboy hub and I understand
    I don't know about calling everyone else a fanboy when you have the username bb4life21...but you do what you feel you have to do.
    So you don't think the stock plummeting 28% in the aftermath is that big of a deal? You guys should start selling CrackBerry orange colored glasses!
    It's unbelievable man.
    06-28-13 02:58 PM
    I don't know about calling everyone else a fanboy when you have the username bb4life21...but you do what you feel you have to do.
    So you addressed zero of my questions but talked about my username?? Typical crackberry post these days. Hey I don't want to hold you up. You have more threads to stop by and say "O lord, the drama". Hurry up you are almost to 4,000 post
    06-28-13 03:00 PM
    On the other hand, who wants to read through 400 posts on one thread in which people are basically venting their disappointment at BlackBerry.
    Exactly. Concerns addressed to Mr. Heins would be lost in the shuffle.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    06-28-13 03:00 PM
    So you addressed zero of my questions but talked about my username?? Typical crackberry post these days. Hey I don't want to hold you up. You have more threads to stop by and say "O lord, the drama". Hurry up you are almost to 4,000 post
    No, I don't think crackberry would allow for duplicate positive threads either. We all good now.
    06-28-13 03:02 PM
    Folks,

Rich Cermele here, the Moderator Team Leader. I made a decision this morning that we should close redundant threads. We are certainly NOT just closing negative BB threads. We understand you are upset and you want to express it and that is fine. BUT there is really no need to have multiple threads on the same topic.

If you want to talk stock use the multiple threads in this forum...

BBRY - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

If you want to talk about BB10 not coming to the PlayBook use this thread.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-823015/

If you feel you must express your negative feelings use that forum and that thread. But there is no need to start a new thread for every rant!!!!!
    06-28-13 03:05 PM
    That is so far off base. There are threads for that (the OP's issue) already and nothing is served by another one. In fact it would probably lead to a chorus complaining about repetition.

The problem with finding a balance between useful discourse and repetition is the "Mod Squad" can't make everyone happy.
    So let me ask you this...on a quarterly report day what is the cap of threads?? 4,5??? How many threads did they think was going to be made today. So if it was positive news would it be stop the blackberry has suceeded threads? They all I ask. I'm saying today was gonna be a big thread day either way. It we would have done good I would have made a thread about blackberry and heins vision was great despite my doubts. Just today people should have been able to vent
    06-28-13 03:06 PM
    Touche, good point.

Guess what? The Moderators are all human too.
    I try not to be wrong often, but I have no problem admitting when I am. And usually with a thank you to the person who corrected me.

In other news, your CB glasses idea would probably sell... Ew.
    06-28-13 03:12 PM
    So let me ask you this...on a quarterly report day what is the cap of threads?? 4,5??? How many threads did they think was going to be made today. So if it was positive news would it be stop the blackberry has suceeded threads? They all I ask. I'm saying today was gonna be a big thread day either way. It we would have done good I would have made a thread about blackberry and heins vision was great despite my doubts. Just today people should have been able to vent
    Actually the same would be held true if the good news was coming, we also close down good threads that are created if there is one already open on the subject.
    06-28-13 03:12 PM
    Folks,

Rich Cermele here, the Moderator Team Leader. I made a decision this morning that we should close redundant threads. We are certainly NOT just closing negative BB threads. We understand you are upset and you want to express it and that is fine. BUT there is really no need to have multiple threads on the same topic.

If you want to talk stock use the multiple threads in this forum...

BBRY - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

If you want to talk about BB10 not coming to the PlayBook use this thread.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-823015/

If you feel you must express your negative feelings use that forum and that thread. But there is no need to start a new thread for every rant!!!!!
    My thread was NOT about stocks and NOT about bb10 not coming to playbook. My thread was about the way Heins has handled himself the last year regarding blackberries attempt to get back on top...but since it was negative towards blackberry...CLOSED
    Clinto likes this.
    06-28-13 03:13 PM
    Yup they shut down two of mine.
    Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I move my arm like this."

Doctor: "Then don't move your arm like that."
    06-28-13 03:14 PM
    I think it has more to do with duplicates than bias.
    No, it doesn't have anything to do with duplicate threads and everything to do with being bias. Crackberry can have MANY duplicate threads about how great the Z10 and Q10 are and how well they are selling, but the minute a person adds constructive criticism or a non-fanboy analysis, then they are labeled a troll and SOME of the petty, immature moderators find a reason to take down a thread. Very immature and childish.

Kevin you need to make sure your moderators aren't abusing and overstepping their powers or it will jeopardize both you and your sites reputation.
    LudwigvonKast and Clinto like this.
    06-28-13 03:19 PM
156 123 ...