I recently upgraded to OS 4.5 and like it for many things. However, I just tried to reply to a message here in another forum. Not only does the cursor act strangely The text I typed disappeared after the first line; leaving me to guess what I am typing? Also, I was not able to scroll down far enough to select "post reply"? I tried to refresh the page, log off then, log back on? Noope same problem? Has anyone had this happen and did you fix it?
    PS: I posted this message using "New Post" The problem only happend when I replied to an actual post? I would appreciate any tips. Thanks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 09:12 PM
    I have had the same problem. I am using 4.5.0.77. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I would like to know how to fix this.

10-24-08 09:21 PM
    Yeah I have 4.5.0.66, and I wish I knew what the problem was? I never ever experienced this with 4.3. I have only experienced this problem on this site. I suspect that it may happen on other sites. I'm not sure though? I don't want to downgrade because, 4.5 does so many other things better than the previous OS.

10-24-08 09:32 PM
    After you logged into your account here, did you change the emulation option on the site to WAP2? Just a thought. I think this is found at the bottom of the main page.
    10-24-08 09:36 PM
    Yeah. I tried that. Thanks for the help. I originally thought that it was a bug in this site, but after the OP posted this, I realized it was probably caused by the upgrade. It only happens occasionally. Its irritating, but I can live with it.

10-24-08 09:54 PM
    After you logged into your account here, did you change the emulation option on the site to WAP2? Just a thought. I think this is found at the bottom of the main page.
    Yep, I think I am fixed thanks raid!

10-24-08 09:58 PM
    I am having this problem as well and I can't find the setting that you guys are talking about...where can I find it?

10-25-08 02:27 AM
    Well, I'm mistaken. I thought I fixed my problem? I didn't. I think what lastraid was talking about must be done by PC. I will have to go to library.

10-25-08 05:54 AM
    It is a pain, but when it happens to me I go back a page and then come back and am usually able to enter once again. Unfortunately it seems to happen more often with the "official" .81.

10-25-08 06:27 AM
    Well, I'm mistaken. I thought I fixed my problem? I didn't. I think what lastraid was talking about must be done by PC. I will have to go to library.

This is not done a computer. like I said you need to be lofgging into your account from the site on your device. Some where on the main page near the bottom, there should be this option.

If not it might be version of 4.5.

ALso you might want to try this.

in the browser go to menu>options>browser configuration and change the emulation to microsoft IE. WHile I did not have to do this I noticed other web pages look nicer. I am running 4.3.127
    10-25-08 07:46 AM
    This is not done a computer. like I said you need to be lofgging into your account from the site on your device. Some where on the main page near the bottom, there should be this option.

in the browser go to menu>options>browser configuration and change the emulation to microsoft IE. WHile I did not have to do this I noticed other web pages look nicer. I am running 4.3.127

Lastraid.. whats the difference there with the emulation on blackberry to microsoft IE.. I just looked at mine - set on blackberry, whats the difference and what does emulation actually do?
    10-25-08 07:53 AM
    Lastraid.. whats the difference there with the emulation on blackberry to microsoft IE.. I just looked at mine - set on blackberry, whats the difference and what does emulation actually do?
    I usually cannot quote a reply either and I have 4.5 using IE emulation but for some reason it happened to work now.

10-25-08 07:56 AM
    Oh I was justs wondering that emulation means LOL Mine works perfectly ok...
    10-25-08 07:58 AM
    Oh I was justs wondering that emulation means LOL Mine works perfectly ok...
    The browser is pretending that it is a microsoft browser so when the BB is asked what browser the phone is using the server with think its IE. Some sites are made where if using a mobile browser use a certain CSS.

10-25-08 08:02 AM
    Oh ok, great, thanks for the explanation.
    10-25-08 08:04 AM
    NP

10-25-08 08:06 AM
    This issue is not as bad now as earlier this year. The early 4.5 OS versions (starting with 4.5.0.10 - .37) were really bad with this issue. I don't notice those issues "as much" with 4.5.0.93, but, it still happens
    10-25-08 08:39 AM
    Every OS I've used on my 8310 does that. I just do the following as a work around:

1. Hit reply
    2. Select and copy all the quoted text
    3. Now just go back and post like you usually do but paste in the quoted part first.

10-25-08 08:54 AM

I cannot change my emulation mode to anything. It only allows the choice of Blackberry? I guess, you are lucky to have another choice.

10-25-08 06:50 PM
    here's a question: those of you who have this problem, do you tend to have it most in social users and pin-sharing? the reason I ask is because the forum title has an ampersand in it, and I wondered if that caused strange results due to how the ampersand is used in html/xml. I personally only encounter this problem in threads in that section.

11-29-08 01:00 PM
    here's a question: those of you who have this problem, do you tend to have it most in social users and pin-sharing? the reason I ask is because the forum title has an ampersand in it, and I wondered if that caused strange results due to how the ampersand is used in html/xml. I personally only encounter this problem in threads in that section.

I encounter this problem in the wallpaper forum and the 83xx forums.

11-29-08 07:03 PM
    well, so much for that theory. sorry...

11-29-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD