Do we really need all of these "How to Install" app x, app y, app z posts? I'd prefer just the one central how to install android apps post.

I probably wouldn't mind as much if the Instagram post would include a mention to legit 3rd party apps already in BlackBerry World, like iGrann. Same goes for the Vine post no mention of the upcoming Whine 3rd party app.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    01-29-14 03:03 PM
    We need them. Not everyone is a veteran like you

From Zuri my Z10.
    ibpluto likes this.
    01-29-14 03:07 PM
    Lol I was just thinking the same thing. It's like 10.2.1 came out and now it's all about how to install android apps or games. Whatever I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:08 PM
    There was a full article on iGrann just a few blog posts prior to the one on installing the Android app.

Not commenting on the rest, just saying.

I'm moving this thread to the Site Feedback Forum so it's hopefully seen by the right people.
    01-29-14 03:09 PM
    I'm assuming this series of posts is going to be for people who are going to Google "How to install X" with X being Instagram, Minecraft, etc... This series of posts will probably bring a fair amount of traffic to CrackBerry, hence why they are doing this.
    laketrout73 and gebco like this.
    01-29-14 03:23 PM
    Lol they're all the same.
    Go to amazon app store and get it.

It's redundant.
    And amazon sucks.
    01-29-14 03:29 PM
    Nothing wrong with them.

..promote, promote, promote

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-29-14 03:34 PM
    Well if it's all about promoting BlackBerry the be our guests but simplicity is sexy!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-29-14 03:46 PM
    It's good promotion for BlackBerry to people that think BlackBerry World has no popular apps or games, well now they can get just about any game or app.

Secondly it will show developers that are not keen on BlackBerry just how easy it is to port their apps and how well it operates on the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:54 PM
    It is to ensure that everyone finds what they are looking for.

If I search 'blackberry instagram' it won't send me to 'how to install android apps'... but, it WILL send me to 'how to install instagram on BlackBerry '

Yes, it clusters up the homepage, but it has the potential to get a lot of new people here (who hopefully stay because we are awesome)

However, I would suggest a separate blog section maybe... so they don't all hit the front page all as a bunch, and move other blog posts out. but that's just me.

It makes sense from a traffic point of view

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:57 PM
    Lol i almost posted it too.

I think the help is always good but a tutorial for each app is too much in my opinion, why not a post with the steps to install the apps and in the same post put some .apk's of the most wanted apps?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 04:02 PM
    I'm assuming this series of posts is going to be for people who are going to Google "How to install X" with X being Instagram, Minecraft, etc... This series of posts will probably bring a fair amount of traffic to CrackBerry, hence why they are doing this.
    That's what it's about, Google love. Bing too.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    01-29-14 04:06 PM
    don't be fooled by that genius title by my name. I still read through the blog post to figure things out.
    For instance the start of the first sentences aren't be auto-capitalised, I need to figure that out too.
    But writers/bloggers write and get info out that's what they do. Info myself and others welcome.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 04:07 PM
    Lol i almost posted it too.

I think the help is always good but a tutorial for each app is too much in my opinion, why not a post with the steps to install the apps and in the same post put some .apk's of the most wanted apps?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.
    There's no need to post almost identical articles for every app.
    01-29-14 04:20 PM
    There was a full article on iGrann just a few blog posts prior to the one on installing the Android app.

Not commenting on the rest, just saying.

I'm moving this thread to the Site Feedback Forum so it's hopefully seen by the right people.
    Thank you, just seemed very redundant when it is the same process for all apk files. Point made on iGrann. Appreciate you moving it to the proper section.

01-29-14 05:30 PM
    And thanks to now reading the rest of your replies, I had not considered the Google portion of it. Makes sense. Thanks

01-29-14 05:42 PM