What's up with the CrackBerry Foum app? Keep getting an error message.
    07-27-21 09:36 PM
    Same here. On and off for a few weeks. Couldn't get on about an hour ago.
    07-27-21 09:53 PM
    What's up with the CrackBerry Foum app? Keep getting an error message.
    Use Tapatalk.

The CB Forums app is based on an ancient version of Tapatalk that is breaking down.
    Trouveur likes this.
    07-27-21 10:10 PM
    I've moved this thread to the site and app feedback forum.
    @Bla1ze, do you know what is going on here?
    07-27-21 11:46 PM
    I've moved this thread to the site and app feedback forum.
    @Bla1ze, do you know what is going on here?

Although the CB forums app is based on Tapatalk, it sometimes acts up even though the regular Tapatalk app will work fine. I reached out to Tapatalk to let them know but given there's very little on our end to configure for it, (we don't even control the version it's running) just have to wait for them to reply back. Folks can use the regular Tapatalk app, use the CrackBerry app or use a mobile browser in the meantime.
    Rico4you and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-27-21 11:53 PM
    Use Tapatalk.

The CB Forums app is based on an ancient version of Tapatalk that is breaking down.
    It's based on the latest available build from Tapatalk for their branded apps, just to be clear. You make it sound like we are deciding to not update it when that isn't the case at all. We can only update to what they deliver.
    07-28-21 12:16 AM
    It's based on the latest available build from Tapatalk for their branded apps, just to be clear. You make it sound like we are deciding to not update it when that isn't the case at all. We can only update to what they deliver.
    Thanks Bla1ze for clarifying this. Facts.
    I was so surprised reading what sounded like that..CB was not updating the app??!!
    Paulelmar18 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-28-21 03:15 AM
    Yes, it's the one they make available. But it's still multiple versions and at least 8 months behind their own app.

I find with Tapatalk, things break very quickly unless you update to the latest version. I never really understood why.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    07-28-21 05:19 AM
    I find with Tapatalk, things break very quickly unless you update to the latest version. I never really understood why.
    Me either. It makes ZERO sense the official Tapatalk app would work but the other Tapatalk based apps do not.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    07-28-21 10:15 AM
    Me either. It makes ZERO sense the official Tapatalk app would work but the other Tapatalk based apps do not.
    I know we all use "forums", some of us did newsgroups and bulletin boards as well. I know CrackBerry usage is down, but have to wonder about other forums for other tech sites you manage. It's on thing for a person with an issue to get lead to a post for an answer... another for them to sign up and download an app for that forum.
    07-28-21 10:24 AM
    I know Facebook has killed forum use for many things. Youtube as well.
    07-28-21 10:27 AM
    I know we all use "forums", some of us did newsgroups and bulletin boards as well. I know CrackBerry usage is down, but have to wonder about other forums for other tech sites you manage. It's on thing for a person with an issue to get lead to a post for an answer... another for them to sign up and download an app for that forum.
    Not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking if other forums are also down in usage overall?
    07-28-21 10:27 AM
    Not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking if other forums are also down in usage?
    But this specific thread is growing legs… don’t stop Dunt now…..
    07-28-21 10:29 AM
    Not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking if other forums are also down in usage overall?
    Just wondering if Tapatalk is seeing less "need" to bother their branded solutions... is there much demand for app access to forums these days?
    07-28-21 11:01 AM
    Just wondering if Tapatalk is seeing less "need" to bother their branded solutions... is there much demand for app access to forums these days?
    Ahh, yeah. I dunno. I mean, I'm sure they would just prefer people to use the regular Tapatalk app since that would be easier.
    07-28-21 11:13 AM
    Maybe off topic, but it seems that the CB10 app nearly always work - ironically enough ...

Posted via CB10
    07-28-21 11:53 AM
    Maybe off topic, but it seems that the CB10 app nearly always work - ironically enough ...

Posted via CB10
    Has a few misgivings but has always been superior to the android offering imo.
    mikael11 likes this.
    07-28-21 11:58 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Has a few misgivings but has always been superior to the android offering imo.
    In all fairness to CrackBerry, the longevity of the CB10 app is a testament for and to CB members from the owners even today. It’s the only reason I really every fire up the BB10 coffee table devices anymore.
    mikael11, brookie229 and dmlis like this.
    07-28-21 01:16 PM
    In all fairness to CrackBerry, the longevity of the CB10 app is a testament for and to CB members from the owners even today. It’s the only reason I really every fire up the BB10 coffee table devices anymore.
    Undeniably, a good reason

Posted via CB10
    07-28-21 01:26 PM
    I get the same issue all the time on the Android Central Forum app, which I also use a lot of. And that forum gets much more traffic than the CB forums do.

If fact, since this weekend, I was getting errors in the AC Forum app before they started happening in the CB Forum app.

So CB isn't being singled out.

I don't visit any other forum that uses Tapatalk, so I don't want to use that app. So, I use the mobile browser as my backup.
    07-28-21 05:55 PM
    It makes even less sense that the OS7 version still works fine!
    Last edited by Shuswap; 07-28-21 at 07:53 PM.
    07-28-21 07:42 PM

I don't visit any other forum that uses Tapatalk, so I don't want to use that app. So, I use the mobile browser as my backup.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to use a single app to visit both forums (Tapatalk) instead of have two different apps on your device that are both having issues?
    07-28-21 08:17 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze!
    07-28-21 09:11 PM
    Thee CrackBerry Forum app is unfortunately still non functional. for the past month or so it would hang but now is apparently broken.
    07-28-21 11:37 PM
    It's actually working for me now. But the Android Central forum app still errors out.
    07-28-21 11:46 PM
31 12