HOW THE F COULD AWATERS WIN THE COLORWARE TOUR CONTEST IF HIS LAST ACTIVITY WAS 02-24-2009 10:26 AM

HOW COULD HE EVEN ENTER THE CONTEST IN FEBRUARY?????

09-15-09 07:07 PM
    hummmm....good point!
    09-15-09 07:09 PM
    that was the last FORUM activity. He could still be an active user without logging in.

Nobody was ripped off, calm down.
    09-15-09 07:10 PM
    that was the last FORUM activity. He could still be an active user without logging in.

Nobody was ripped off, calm down.
    you have to log in to leave a comment!!!!
    09-15-09 07:11 PM
    HOW THE F COULD AWATERS WIN THE COLORWARE TOUR CONTEST IF HIS LAST ACTIVITY WAS 02-24-2009 10:26 AM

HOW COULD HE EVEN ENTER THE CONTEST IN FEBRUARY?????

Blog comments dont count towards forum activity!
    09-15-09 07:11 PM
    Blog comments dont count towards forum activity!
    But you have to log in to leave a comment, and that counts towards your last activity
    09-15-09 07:13 PM
    I really would LOVE to be proven wrong... i dont want to be cheated. Is there a mod that can say logging in does NOT change your last activity
    09-15-09 07:16 PM
    you have to log in to leave a comment!!!!
    That is 100 percent correct
    09-15-09 07:17 PM
    No it does not... When I first started with CrackBerry, after I got my answer for a question I had, I hadn't gone into the forums for a couple of weeks, but I would read the blogs and post. My last activity date was from the last time I was in the forums.

This is evident as the activity portion is not in the blogs, only forums.

Try it out yourself.
    09-15-09 07:18 PM
    No it does not... When I first started with CrackBerry, after I got my answer for a question I had, I hadn't gone into the forums for a couple of weeks, but I would read the blogs and post. My last activity date was from the last time I was in the forums.

Try it out yourself.
    Thank you.
    09-15-09 07:20 PM
    I logged out at 8:17 closed internet explorer and then logged back in at 8:18 and it said last activity 8:18... SO that means loggin in DOES change your activity time!!! SO HA!!!
    09-15-09 07:20 PM

Try it out yourself.
    Thank you Duvi!
    09-15-09 07:21 PM
    Geeeez....

The last activity date you're looking at is the FORUMS only. CrackBerry is driven by multiple content management systems: one for the blogs/galleries, another for the forums, and then the ecommerce stuff is separate.

With a blog post contest, leaving comments in the blog post does NOT affect your forums last activity if you don't enter the forums.

Make sense? I'm re-titling this thread.

Kevin
    09-15-09 07:23 PM

Try it out yourself.
    LOGGING IN DOES CHANGE YOUR ACTIVITY TIME, NOT POSTS... I JUST TRIED IT!!!!! SO YOUR LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO LOG IN TO MAKE A COMMENT>>>STOP LYING!!!!!!
    09-15-09 07:24 PM
    whatever, thread closed please...
    09-15-09 07:29 PM
    Good night.
    09-15-09 07:29 PM
    LOGGING IN DOES CHANGE YOUR ACTIVITY TIME, NOT POSTS... I JUST TRIED IT!!!!! SO YOUR LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO LOG IN TO MAKE A COMMENT>>>STOP LYING!!!!!!
    You need to calm the **** down over there. You didnt win! GET OVER IT!!!! Just go and buy a Tour and send into ColorWare if you want it that bad. I think Duvi may know a thing or 2 about CB and I think Kevin knows about the site he created!
    09-15-09 07:31 PM
    smh @ sore losers........Let it go there will be other contest>>>>>>
    09-15-09 07:31 PM
    Lady Dynamite,

Just to give you resolve here I did a test to prove you are wrong. It pains me to have to do this, but when you come back and say we are lying to you, then I take issue.

Please go to the blogs and look at this blog post:

Tale of the Scale, Part II: Gone Digital - BlackBerry Storm 9550 Is Not Fat, It's Just Big Boned | CrackBerry.com

Notice the comment left by Robert Loblaw.

NOW... view Robert Loblaw's forum user status:

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/robert-loblaw/

Please notice that Robert Loblaw has not been active in the forums since July 24th, yet somehow just left a comment on the blogs on September 15th.

As I stated in my previous post here, that's how it works. Ideally we'd have a completely integrated content management system, but we do not. When you tried the test yourself it doesn't work, because as soon as you reenter the forums and query your name it'll take that active time (its not just posts but activity in forums).

If you don't like the system or contests, you do not have to enter them. But I assure you, they're not fixed, not rigged, all on the up and up and we do them for the benefit of the community.

Should you choose to enter the contest, I wish you all the best of luck. Your chances of winning will be the same as every other member who enters.
    09-15-09 07:35 PM
    Where do you go to see who won the colorware tour and who won the tetherberry contest?
    09-15-09 07:45 PM
    ^^^the main page
    09-15-09 07:50 PM
    shucks, yet another thing i did not win. im in the corner crying, and Kevin I say delete her account!! Calling you a liar and all, but then again I am an instigator of all things.
    09-15-09 07:55 PM
    whatever, thread closed please...
    Based on this I'm gonna close the thread. Lets just move on.....

09-15-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD